Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Leaving DL or DCA after Parades, FW

I'm wondering what it's like, leaving DL after Fireworks or DCA after the MSEP, to walk back to your hotel. I mean, I know that at WDW, there's a mad crush of people and long lines at the bus stops, and you usually don't get back to your hotel for about an hour, unless you take a cab or are staying at a MK hotel. Well, since I'm walking back to HoJos, not waiting for transportation, can I plan on it taking only a little longer than it did to get there in the morning, or will I somehow still be encountering long lines and delays to get out?
Old 04-23-2005, 12:50 PM   #2
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom
Well, since I'm walking back to HoJos, not waiting for transportation, can I plan on it taking only a little longer than it did to get there in the morning, or will I somehow still be encountering long lines and delays to get out?
Count on a crush of people. The good thing, though, is that you don't have to wait with a HUGE THRONG of people for your shuttle -- you can make it back to the HoJo in probably a 15 minute walk, and the streets will be full of Disney guests doing the same thing, so it will be safe.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 04:10 PM   #3
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Getting down Main Street is nasty but once you are through the exit you will be fine. Even if you decide to wait out the crowds for a bit and shop, there will still be plenty of people on Harbor. Compared to exiting MK at WDW, it is a piece of cake! Love that we are able to be in our beds or sipping a drink by teh pool within 30 minutes of being on Main Street!
Amy&Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: