Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 07:46 AM   #76
Bacs22
All ways two there are, a Master and an Apprentice

When we asked a CM, we were told that it was done to be PC. Dixie Ladings was themed after "Song of the South" Briar Rabbit, Briar Fox, & Brair Bear were everwhere (Still my favorite refillable mug).

I miss Dixie Landings, but it's as if Disney is trying to remove any reminates of SotS, yet the song Zipity Do Da & Splash Mountain are alive and well, and you can buy Uncle Remis' Stories in the shop by Splash Mountain.
Oct 2003 PORS
Feb 2004 PORS
July 2004 OKW
Oct 2004 SSR
Old 01-17-2004, 12:39 PM   #77
aesalsa
I'm the one with the hunka hunka burnin love Hubby

Thanks, Bacs22!

I really think that it is a shame. . .

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2004, 03:26 PM   #78
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

Bumping to the top since it's reopenning!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 09:51 PM   #79
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

word came today about the reopening of POFQ. You can make reservations for stays starting March 21.

I'll put some FQ pics up if I get the chance.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:10 AM   #80
marypopfan
DIS Veteran

TDC Nala
I would love to see your pictures of POFQ. I plan on staying there next summer.
Allstar Sports/Caribe Royale/POP Century June-July 08
POFQ Feb 06
POP Century Mar 05
Polynesian Dec 02
Allstar Movies Feb 01
Allstar Music Nov 97
Old 02-01-2004, 02:33 PM   #81
Lou-Ann
DIS Veteran

Which of the buildings in magnolia Terrace are the closest to the whirlpool, quiet pool, and food areas? I would appreciate knowing what you found to be the most convenient without an excess of walking as I have had knee surgery. Thanks so much.

P>S> We prefer a non smoking area/building.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:00 PM   #82
snubie
DIS Veteran

POFQ May 13- 21

We just booked our stay at POFQ for MAy. Yipee!! Looking forward to this vacationso much. I haven't been to WDW since 1986.

Stacey
Old 02-15-2004, 06:49 PM   #83
Luv4Disney
DIS Veteran

Talking Here's What I've Heard

I'm staying at the PO-Riverside for the first time this May. I booked through a travel agency. When she mad the reservation (a couple of weeks ago) we requested a mansion room and the woman at Disney said that 9 times out of 10 your request will be fulfilled. And, my travel agent said that in all the years she's been booking Disney vacations at the PO, never once did someone request a mansion room. Perhaps that means that not a lot of people know about them. Hope this helps or eases your minds somewhat.

I'm totally excited and can't wait. Thanks for all the information you have provided me with!
Old 02-15-2004, 10:14 PM   #84
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

There's a quiet pool between Oak Manor and Parterre Place and one between Magnolia Terrace and Acadian House. These two buildings would be closest to the main pool, where the spa would be. Oak Manor is closer to a bridge that will take you to the main building, where the restaurants are. I believe Oak Manor is smoking optional.

I've never stayed in the mansions. The closest buildings for walking are in Alligator Bayou - buildings 14, 15 and 18.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:31 PM   #85
lminster
Earning My Ears

I stayed at the POR in Oct/Nov 2003. The resort is absolutely beautiful. I requested a Magnolia Terrace room which to my delight was granted. In my opinion, Magnolia Terrace is the best location on the property. It offers quick and easy access to the main pool, it is adjacent to a "quiet" pool, it was the closest bldg to the lobby/restaurant area (and boat dock), and there was a bus stop located right in front of the bldg onthe backside. I'd highly recommend requesting a room in this bldg.

I do have a bunch of photos of this property, but I don't know how to get them to post. If a moderator could walk me through it, I'd be happy to share them.

*Walt Disney World Oct/Nov 2003
*Port Orleans Riverside - Oct/Nov 2003
*Disneyland 2001
*Disneyland 1999
*Disneyland 1998
*Disneyland 1996
*Walt Disney World 1991
*Disneyland 1990
Old 02-19-2004, 01:50 PM   #86
Stiff
DIS Cast Member

to end any confusion

FQ does in fact open back up NEXT month

they are back on the disney site as an option

we are already booked there for the end of may/beg of june
Old 02-23-2004, 09:59 AM   #87
dmaz
Mouseketeer

Just booked FQ CB was all booked for visa code.
Anyone have any insight on the changes or do we have to wait until the 3/21?
We stayed at POR in May 2002. Alligator bayou building next to the food court. It was wonderful.
DH and Dad wanted to try something new. Was considering WL but couldn't resist the low visa price of $89 at FQ.
Does anyone know if building 4 is still going to be smoking? I requested it by looking at the map(proximity to everthing). I've since found out it was a smoking buiding.
New to the boards and would appreciate any info

Dolphin/CR Aug 2013, Dolphin Jun 2012, POLY Aug 2009, CBR May 2007, AKL April 2006, WL Jan 2005, POFQ May 2004, POR April 2002
Old 02-24-2004, 01:34 PM   #88
lminster
Earning My Ears

Magnolia Terrace/Bend

Just to clarify. I believe Magnolia Bend is the Mansion Area. I know that Magnolia Terrace is ONE of the Mansion Buildings. If you request Magnolia Terrace, you are requesting that specific building. If you need to minimize walking, this is the perfect location. Try to get a room with a riverview or that is closest to the river and bridge.

Good luck and have a great time.

*Walt Disney World Oct/Nov 2003
*Port Orleans Riverside - Oct/Nov 2003
*Disneyland 2001
*Disneyland 1999
*Disneyland 1998
*Disneyland 1996
*Walt Disney World 1991
*Disneyland 1990
Old 02-24-2004, 02:25 PM   #89
Eyore4Ever149
Having withdrawl symptoms-reading UG'10,watching Samantha Brown @WDW

Undecided...but excited

Okay, Im going to get off topic for a moment, but bear with me and Ill come back around to PO FQ.

My husband and I honeymooned at WDW Aug 23-Sept 2 2003. It was my first trip. I, um, well....I hated it. All week I said I was never coming back and didn't understand why people would feel the need to ever come back.
Having some time to get out of the heat and think more, I believe several things contributed to my extream dislike. 1. I am NOT a summer person and see above for the dates we went. I have never experienced such humidity. I would sweat after leaving the room, before I got to the bus stop. 2. My husband felt the need to drag me from ride to ride, to park to park. He never gave me a day off. he forced me to wear this mickey-eared bridal cap that had to stay on with bobbypins and everybody kept asking "so when were you married" He LOVED it, I only wore it because he told me we might get some "perks" along the way-there wasnt a single "perK".... My feet hurt so much he would force me to stand in ice water every night to get the swelling down. 3. We stayed at the CBR and it was too big for me, and very "motely feeling". We had such a trek to go to the food court, gift shop, pick up packages from the day, pool, everything was FAR.
Now I look back and think of things I did like. I really enjoyed Downtown Disney at night and still have the pearl pendant we created there. I loved Space Mountain and dinner at the California Grill watching wishes....So my husband and I were talking and decided perhaps a trip back during a slightly cooler climate might improve my opinion of Disney, and we wont go for so long. I got excited again. I armed myself with books and started reading. I was thinking April.....(we didn't want to wait until the Fall) Somehow I guess we decided perhaps we would wait afterall. But last night (my husband is on a business trip right now) I came home and got the mail and there was a reservation confirmation for Port Orleans French Quarter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, it looks like there is no down payment. But I did a lot of reading on the FQ and it sounds smaller and more intimate than CBR. Im actually excited about the prospect of going. I am wondering if knowing in advance that there will be crowds and buying some really super good walking sneakers will help keep me in the traditional Disney spirit?
Is PO FQ a smaller resort than CBR?
Are there lots of bus stops?
How long do you think it takes to get to the different parks via bus?
The reservation says arriving on the 24th and departing on the 28th of April, anyone know what the weather is like?
What are the pools like at PO?
Are there a ton of kids at this resort?
What is PO "known" for?
Lord, I hope, if that reservation is true (I should know tonight or tomorrow) that I will enjoy this trip. If not, I know I will never go to WDW again.
But I like the fact that I am excited! Thats a good sign, right?
Old 02-24-2004, 08:43 PM   #90
dmaz
Mouseketeer

POFQ is much smaller than the other moderates. And there is only 1 bus stop.
I haven't stayed there myself - yet. We will be there the same time our trip is from the 24th-30th. It should be in the low 80's that week.
We are going with my dd 4 and ds 7mos. So there definitely will be kids there but there shouldn't be as many as AS's or POP.
In 2002 we stayed at POR and loved it. I felt like I was on two seperate vacations the serene resort and the excitement of the parks.
Try convincing your husband to let go a little bit. The less is more approach really worked for us last time. If the line was too long we skipped it. If it got too hot we went back to the hotel. Try telling him that the more relaxed and enjoyable he makes it for you the more likely it is that you'll go back.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: