Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2006, 03:47 PM   #76
DisneydaveCT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFYGIRL1969
I am new to this message board thing so I hope I am doing this okay!! This is my first message posting.

I just want to see if anyone will be around 9/21/06 to 9/25/06, just in case any solo travelers are around.

By the way, what does it mean "wear the green ribbon" or "home depot card"? Is that how solo travelers recognize each other?[/COLOR]
Welcome to the Disboards. Many of us who travel to WDW solo will post our travel plans...dates and which resort we will be at during our trips. Some people plan to meet up with each other to share our love of Disney with fellow Disney fans. The Home Depot color deals with the Disney Alien Green paint sample card that you can get at Depot. It is in the shape of Mickey. Some people have placed on themselves while down at WDW to help identify themselves as a member of Disboards.

What part of the country, other than WDW, do you call home?
A Very Memorable Magical Moment: Scoring a Hole-in-One at Disney's LBV #7, 9/25/06

FUTURE TRIPS: November 18-25 at OKW & SSR. .
PREVIOUS TRIPS: 25+ trips to WDW since 1972 with stays at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Boardwalk, Carribean Beach, Contemporary; Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Polynesian, Port Orleans, Saratoga Springs Resort, & Villas at Wilderness Lodge.
DisneydaveCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:51 PM   #77
GOOFYGIRL1969
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info Dave. Now I know what to look for when I go!

I actually live in South Florida and have a seasonal pass. I go as often as I can afford to. In the fall and winter months I try to go once a month if I can!!
GOOFYGIRL1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2006, 12:09 PM   #78
scrapsoflife
Earning My Ears

I'll be at The World 9/22-24, most likely solo (unless a friend decides she can actually go). Anyone have tips for doing MNSSHP solo (or any of the hard-tickets? I was at MVMCP 2 years ago but was with the now-ex and it was *not* the happiest experience ever lol).
Old 08-19-2006, 10:20 AM   #79
alisongkc
Earning My Ears

When Life Gives You Lemons...You Go to WDW!

Fellow DISer's!

Here's my story...

My DH and I were scheduled to travel to France for two weeks in September, and a week ago he informed that things at work were too crazy for him to go and that he had to cancel. My response? Go to France alone? Hell no! Go to WDW! So, with DH's blessing I am booked into the WL for 5 nights, and then two nights at the Dolphin - both places I've never stayed and am very much looking forward to.

At the same time I'm excited about going to WDW, and very much looking forward to doing whatever I want whenever I pretty much want to (well, within the constraints of WDW's rules and regulations) I am wondering if it wouldn't be fun to meet up with some other childless (or even childish) solo adult professionals for a drink or something. I'm a college professor, but I promise not to lecture on anything remotely related to my area of specialization...

Anyway, I'll be at the World from 9/9 through 9/16. Give me a holler if you're interested.

Thanks,

Alison

1982 off-site
1995 Port Orleans
2004 POFQ
January 2006 CBR
September 2006 WL
alisongkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:25 PM   #80
disneyaggie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisongkc
I am wondering if it wouldn't be fun to meet up with some other childless (or even childish) solo adult professionals for a drink or something. I'm a college professor, but I promise not to lecture on anything remotely related to my area of specialization...

Anyway, I'll be at the World from 9/9 through 9/16. Give me a holler if you're interested.

Thanks,

Alison
I will be solo that trip as well (staying at Pop). Since I don't drink, I would still be open to catching a Coca Cola with you! I am in healthcare, but taught Medical Terminology for a local college a few years ago so it would be a treat to meet you! And hey, lecture away! I always love good conversation!

disneyaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:36 PM   #81
brady961
Pal Mickey pal

Hiya Alison and/or Debbie

I live in Orlando and would like meeting up during the weekend. have to work the week grrr <G>. A coke, or hanging out at one of the parks is cool too. Well maybe not cool just yet in Sept but fun <G>

Send me a private message or email thru profile if interested in seeing if could plan to meet up.

brady
Magic 9/22-29/07
Magic- 12/8-12/15, 2007
Future Cruises: , Magic 1/24-1/31/09
brady961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 03:26 PM   #82
UrsulasShadow

I'm digging the cistern now..Oh, WIILL

Location: Under Plymouth Rock...crawling out for the occasional lobstah.

Will be there from Dec 4-8, if anyone wants to meet up at Jellyrolls or PI, or even to try a Monorail Drink-A-Thon.
UrsulasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:02 AM   #83
feelingroovy
Earning My Ears

I wish I could come then Allison, sounds like it would be fun. I hope you enjoy!!!
feelingroovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:15 AM   #84
robbob
Earning My Ears

Smile new seasonal pass floridian!!!

Hi everyone,
Ok, i finally did it. Living in Florida, I have always wanted a Disney pass. Well, I got one!

I took my children for to WDW the first time a month ago. I wanted to get in that trip before they move to North Carolina with their mother. I decided afterwards that having a seasonal pass would give me somewhere to go, get happy, and fill the time since I will no longer be an every weekend dad.

So expect to see me hopping to the parks anytime.

I'd love to meet up with any of y'all while there.
Rob-bob
robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:41 AM   #85
kkymmy
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,

I booked a trip with two friends for next Summer but they have both pulled out so now I'm considering going solo....

any hints/tips/facts/stories you could tell me to try and dissuade me from cancelling altogether. I'm only just 20 so a solo trip from the UK to FL seems very daunting!

Thanks

Kirsty

kkymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:17 AM   #86
GOOFYGIRL1969
Earning My Ears

I Say Definitely Go!

Hi Kirsty,

I know it must seem daunting to come to the States by yourself but when you are Disney it will all seem worth it! There is nothing like it! But, I will say that if you are not comfortable riding rides and such by yourself, I would wait until you can have someone come with you. I have a blast when I go by myself but when my cousin comes (who also loves Disney), we just have a fabulous time. We just got back from the Halloween party. It was our first time and it was just amazing. I am actually seeing if I can go back again this year before it ends!

Well, good luck with your decision!!
GOOFYGIRL1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:03 PM   #87
Indybill
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkymmy
Hi everyone,

I booked a trip with two friends for next Summer but they have both pulled out so now I'm considering going solo....

any hints/tips/facts/stories you could tell me to try and dissuade me from cancelling altogether. I'm only just 20 so a solo trip from the UK to FL seems very daunting!

Thanks

Kirsty
Kirsty,

I have been to WDW many times by myself and it is still fun. The harder part is the evenings as its more fun to have someone to go out to eat with or hitting the clubs. I would bet, though, that you would probably find some other Disboards member going around the same time that you could meet up with. If you decide to go, set up a thead for that week on the board and see if other's post to it. There are a lot of members with annual passes who live close by who also might be able to join you for part of the trip. WDW is too much fun to miss so unless you think your friends might go another time soon, I would still go.
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." Walt Disney

Indybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #88
njmickeyfan
Earning My Ears

Solo for Mousefest 2006

Hi everyone,

Way back in December of 2005, a Good Friend/Disney enthusiast and I booked both the Cruise (12/3-12/7) and Land (12/7-12/11) portions of Mousefest 2006. After reading about Mousefest on the Disney Boards and checking out the great photos our plans to be part of the Mousefest Experience were in place-Yeah! Finally, a special event Disney cruise and a chance to do Disney with the experts. Ooops --change in plans. Due to health issues my friend will not be able to travel in December so now I'm going solo.

I'm looking forward to meeting "my friends" from the Disney Boards and having some great Disney fun.

Hope to see you in December .

Carol
njmickeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:39 PM   #89
kkymmy
DIS Veteran

thanks indybill and goofygirl...

I think I will still be going to Disney and Florida....I can't stand the thought of turning it down and losing my deposit and stuff. Being alone doesn't really bother me that much *** I'm an only child, used to filling my time by myself, and to be perfectly honest I'll be so busy in the parks during the day i'll go somewhere to get some food and crash in bed most nights!!

Still be interested to hear the opinions of others

Kirsty

kkymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 11:01 AM   #90
hootie4
Earning My Ears

Hey Kirsty,
Im planning to go solo myself to Disney but in February. Im 29yrs. old and like to have a good time. I have been to Disney a couple of years ago with my ex-gf so I am a little bit curious to how I will feel going back alone. But its so nice there and I know I will have a good time. Is there anyway you could switch your trip to Feb. and maybe we could meet up? Im from New York so Im still in the middle of planning the trip. Is anyone going to be down there solo in February 2007.

Let me know what you think!
Tom
hootie4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: