Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2014, 10:09 AM   #1
tinkerbell181
Mouseketeer

Strollers, strollers, strollers, going crazy.

So we are off to Disney soon, staying for 10 nights at Bonnet Creek. Kids are DD3 and DS 7 months. We own a Mountain Buggy Plus 1 and a Britax B Agile and a couple ergo's. DD is 29 lbs (tiny!) and DS 19 lbs. Grandma will be coming down for a few days and will baby sit DS so we can go to the parks with DD only, but some days we will all go.
Soooooooooo, the questions that haunt me......
Should we....

***just take the double Mountain Buggy?(don't really want to do this, prefer not to lug it all the wat there, flying, etc, plus I dont want anything to happen to it $$$)

***take the single britax and an Ergo carrier?

***take the britax and get a stroller board for it (but they cost a fair $$$$, we dont have a stroller board, would have to buy one)?

***just leave our strollers at home and rent a double when we get there?

***take our britax and buy a cheap umbrella stroller when we get there?

***just cancel the whole trip because something silly like this is driving me nuts? (totally just kidding!)

Any insight, advice, counselling is welcome, thanks!
Old 03-27-2014, 11:29 AM   #2
mexican-mouseketeers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell181 View Post
So we are off to Disney soon, staying for 10 nights at Bonnet Creek. Kids are DD3 and DS 7 months. We own a Mountain Buggy Plus 1 and a Britax B Agile and a couple ergo's. DD is 29 lbs (tiny!) and DS 19 lbs. Grandma will be coming down for a few days and will baby sit DS so we can go to the parks with DD only, but some days we will all go.
Should we....

***just take the double Mountain Buggy?(don't really want to do this, prefer not to lug it all the wat there, flying, etc, plus I dont want anything to happen to it $$$)

***take the britax and get a stroller board for it (but they cost a fair $$$$, we dont have a stroller board, would have to buy one)?

***just cancel the whole trip because something silly like this is driving me nuts? (totally just kidding!)

I would bring the ergos for the airport, wear both kids and have free hands for luggage and peaco of mind

And then rent a double stroller from an outside company that delivers to your hotel, so you will have that full time (plus the ergos for the bus, trains, attractions and restaurants in case one of the kids is asleep)

DH Me Dd 11 Dd 5 Dd 3

mexican-mouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
ALDSMD
Earning My Ears

We rent a double stroller every time we go and it is has worked great for us. We have used both Orlando Stroller Rentals and Kingdom Strollers, and they both were easy to deal with, prompt, and clean.
ALDSMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:36 AM   #4
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Personally, I would take the Ergos and single stroller (not that hard to take as you can check it as you get on plane) OR ship a cheap umbrella stroller ahead of time from Walmart/Amazon

We have a Jeep one that was under $40 and went to Disney twice.

We did a day trip to Disneyland and one to Knott's when my son was 1...and only used the Ergo, no stroller
2010-Jolly Roger
Disneyworld
2003-AKL-celebrate DH return from Iraq
2009-AKL-Birthday Extravaganza-DS 1st trip
2011-CBR- room
2015-Hoping for a Poly dream trip to celebrate our twins first trip
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:58 AM   #5
nalajms
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiths02 View Post
Personally, I would take the Ergos and single stroller (not that hard to take as you can check it as you get on plane) OR ship a cheap umbrella stroller ahead of time from Walmart/Amazon
I agree, take the single. Then decide how often you'll take DS with you. If it's just for short outings then back for nap, I'd just tough it out and carry him. If it's more, then rent a double. We used apple strollers last time.

FWIW, we bought a cheap umbrella at Target last year to use for 1 night. It was horrible to push with my 1yo. The handles were not comfortable and hard to maneuver. On top of that, someone took it! We lost it around 10:30pm at the Christmas Party. Luckily they didn't take the MacClaren.

Another option is to buy a used double on Craigs list just for Disney
Old 03-27-2014, 01:23 PM   #6
brockash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell181
Should we....

I'd rent a double for while ur down there from Orlando strollers or something and take ur single on days that u don't need the double. I'm actually doing this for our upcoming trip.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:03 PM   #7
pigletgirl
You do have a life. It is just in cyber world
If its chocolate I'll eat it!

Yeah, I would find a good umbrella stroller for your DD (like a Chicco or something) and then rent a double when you take your son. The Ergo has the potential to get hot quite quickly.

pigletgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:35 PM   #8
PocahontasLookALike
DIS Veteran

I would rent the double when you get there. That way when you have both babes you can accommodate them both. Wearing them will get very warm. I only wear my babes in the parks when they are very tired or need to decompress. But I don't use it as a primary mode if 'transportation' for them. Lol.

Strollers are stressful!!! Seriously!

Ridiculously happy DVC Member
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"
WDW 2001 - Sheraton Vistana
WDW 2005 - BWV
WDW 2007 - BWV
WDW 2009 - Beach Club Villas
Childhood Disneyland Trips...too many times to count!
2007 Disneyland trips: January, March and October - VGC
2008 Disneyland trip: 2008 Half Marathon in August!
2009 Disneyland trips: September for the Disneyland Half Marathon, October for a big family trip - VGC
February 2011 Disneyland - PPH
April 2013 Disneyland- PPH
October 2014 Disneyland - VGC
PocahontasLookALike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:36 PM   #9
PocahontasLookALike
DIS Veteran

And I'd rent from an outside company.

Ridiculously happy DVC Member
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good"
WDW 2001 - Sheraton Vistana
WDW 2005 - BWV
WDW 2007 - BWV
WDW 2009 - Beach Club Villas
Childhood Disneyland Trips...too many times to count!
2007 Disneyland trips: January, March and October - VGC
2008 Disneyland trip: 2008 Half Marathon in August!
2009 Disneyland trips: September for the Disneyland Half Marathon, October for a big family trip - VGC
February 2011 Disneyland - PPH
April 2013 Disneyland- PPH
October 2014 Disneyland - VGC
PocahontasLookALike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:23 AM   #10
Ladygoldenhair
DIS Veteran

Alternative is the $50 black and red umbrolla stroller at the gates or gift shops of Disney. If you don't wasn't to bring it home for the $50 investment pass it forward.
The cost renting on site was too much to consider blowing valuable Disney money on and renting off state we had done, but that was not having a stroller at home. For the small investment it was worth the ease.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:27 PM   #11
happymommy
DIS Veteran

You have a double stroller, right? Take it.

You have a single stroller too? And you'll be separated. Take it too.

Trust me.

You need a good stroller for naps.

PS: Have a great time! First day all of you should go out to the parks!

Previous WDW vacations include:
CR as a child with parents 1992 offsite twice 1993 Honeymoon GF 1995 BC 1996 SOG 2000 GF 2001 BWV 2003 (spring break) CR 2003 (summer) AKL 2003 (Christmas break including NYE) AKL concierge 2005 summer BWV 2006 April Swan 2006 August Dolphin 2007 March AKL 2007 August Dolphin 2008 March 7 Night Western on the Magic
2008 August (The Dark Side) PBH 2008 Dec BWI 2009 March Swan 2010 March Offsite (Grande Vista) 2010 December BWV plus 2 nights Marriott's Harbour Lake and 3 bonus nights snowed in at the Aiport Renaissance 2011 March Offsite (Marriott's Harbour Lake) 2012 August Offsite (Marriott's Grande Vista and Sabal Palms) March 2014 BWV

Last edited by happymommy; 03-29-2014 at 04:30 AM.
happymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:07 PM   #12
kuhltiffany
Mouseketeer

As a former stroller freak (over 50 different owned/tried), I'd take your Mountain Buggy. Cheap strollers just won't cut it. It's an inline double, so won't take up extra space in the parks, getting around with a side by side double is crazy when it's busy. Because it's a single and a double, you can use it for one kid or two, depending on who is with you. Just be sure to invest in the travel bag for when you check it on the plane...

kuhltiffany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:47 PM   #13
dcsnoopy
Earning My Ears

With 2.5 yo twins who are about to go to Orlando for the third time (one set of grandparents live in Orlando), we found that what works best for us is to rent a stroller in Orlando from one of the big companies. For moving through the airports, we borrow one of the wheelchairs that are ubiquitous at airports and they just ride side by side. The airlines have even told us that we can request that a wheelchair meets us at our destination gate so that we'll definitely have one when we debark. We keep the wheelchair until we get to the rental car, can leave it out in the garage and get in the rental minivan and then the stroller is usually at Grandma and Grandpa's house when we get there. On the return, they can usually walk or we can carry them from the rental drop off to where we can pick up a wheelchair just inside the airport. We've used this for over a year now (three trips) both ways and it's been so much easier than trying to deal with bringing a stroller.
dcsnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:57 PM   #14
lzmom_of_twins
Mouseketeer

I would bring a double stroller. I have twins. We always brought our Maclaren side by side for all our trips.. 10 months, 3 and 5 yrs old. So nice to have our own stroller and they could recline back and rest/sleep when needed. BTW... LOVE Bonnet Creek!!! We've stayed there for our last 2 trips and loved it... going back in May! Have a blast!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: