Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2014, 01:05 PM   #1
buggy2727
Mouseketeer

Having groceries delivered to room

We are staying at POR and I was curious how this worked. Do you order online and they deliver it to the hotel the day you arrive? Will the hotel store cold items for you until you check in? Any recommendations on who to use? We would probably do minimal things - maybe some cereal, milk, juice and fruit. Thanks!
buggy2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:44 PM   #2
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

I have used Garden Grocer a few times. They do have a minimum order amount, which I think is $45. You pick the date you want the items delivered, and the delivery time window. The resorts will hold your things for you, and they do refrigerate the cold stuff.
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #3
JillShari
Mouseketeer

Ditto Garden Grocer.

We got a text that it was delivered to the front desk at our resort before our plane took off from home! They stored the cold stuff and when we checked in and requested it, they sent it to us right away.
JillShari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:20 PM   #4
happymommy
DIS Veteran

We just used them for our trip last week, too! We did have a villa, so ordered $200 worth (breakfast foods, things like eggs and sausage, biscuits, cheese, lunchmeat, bread, frozen pizza, chicken nuggets, soy milk, bananas, fresh ground beef for tacos and shredded lettuce yum, apples, 2 cases of Dasani, butter, sour cream, chips & salsa, etc.....). Of course don't forget the beer and wine! I went through the wine in 3 days - should have ordered more, but then found okay wine at the Boardwalk's Screen Door General Store for $14 so no biggie!

In a room, I'd get milk that's shelf stable (we do soy but you can find Parmalat too) and other snacks. It's nice to have it in the room. I have found that it was especially nice (times we've stayed at the Swan & Dolphin) to have the kids munching on cereal while I'm getting us ready to go in the morning.

I did order plastic throwaway cups, but ended up only using a couple. If I were doing cereal, I'd either bring in my luggage paper bowls and plastic spoons or order them too (they're cheap at Target so don't know).

What we had leftover I gave to the Bell Services. They were thrilled!

Previous WDW vacations include:
CR as a child with parents 1992 offsite twice 1993 Honeymoon GF 1995 BC 1996 SOG 2000 GF 2001 BWV 2003 (spring break) CR 2003 (summer) AKL 2003 (Christmas break including NYE) AKL concierge 2005 summer BWV 2006 April Swan 2006 August Dolphin 2007 March AKL 2007 August Dolphin 2008 March 7 Night Western on the Magic
2008 August (The Dark Side) PBH 2008 Dec BWI 2009 March Swan 2010 March Offsite (Grande Vista) 2010 December BWV plus 2 nights Marriott's Harbour Lake and 3 bonus nights snowed in at the Aiport Renaissance 2011 March Offsite (Marriott's Harbour Lake) 2012 August Offsite (Marriott's Grande Vista and Sabal Palms) March 2014 BWV
happymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:29 AM   #5
lorenni
Mouseketeer

Wholefoods also delivers to the resorts now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: