Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #1
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Moderate-Deluxe Honeymoon! POFQ on DxDDP. A January 2015 PTR *Updated 10/11*

Hello humans! (AHHH!)

This is my very first PTR and I'm excited to be able to share my plans with you.

Now lets get to the good stuff!

Table Of Contents
The Who
The Where
The When
Disney Dining Plans!
Overview of the week!
Mickey Mail
Advanced Dining Reservations
Disney Decisions and life update!
Must Dos Magic Kingdom

The Great Cupcake Adventure
My plans for a great cupcake adventure in Walt Disney World
Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake

Last edited by GraceMonica; 10-11-2014 at 05:45 AM.
GraceMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #2
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

The Who

The Who:

Me! My name is Grace and I am a new bride to my amazing hubby Ben.

Wedding Day selfie!

A little bit about us: We met on an online dating app back in May of 2013. Our first three dates consisted of us talking for hours about our lives and families. Normally I'm a shy and quiet person, but with him I was more open and outgoing. He brought out a different side of me. He proposed to me on Valentine's Day 2014 and we planned on getting married fall of 2015.

Once we talked about what we wanted in a wedding, we agreed we wanted something very small. We're both from large families and we knew financially we wouldn't be able to invite everyone who wanted to be there. We then decided if we were having a small wedding, we would move it up to this year in October. The more I thought about it, the more I didn't want to wait. So on Easter Day, we asked his family if they would travel the two hours to Baltimore to see us get married at the court house. They said they would. From there we set a date of Friday, June 13th. Yes. We planned to get married on Friday the 13th. Anyway, the court house was out of the question because my immediate family would fill the 10 person limit. We searched for a venue that was inexpensive and I happened upon a cute venue in the City. We got married with 27 close family members to witness this joyous event and then had a delicious sushi reception at the sushi place DH and I frequent.

Welcome to a little history of GraceMonica's Disney experience!
I first went when I was 11 years old with my grandmother and one of my sisters. I don't remember much from that trip, except MNSSHP and POTC.
My parents couldn't afford to take us until 2007 when we went on our first family vacation to Disney World! We were Disney newbies!

The family in January 2013

We went yearly after that (Excluding 2010, thankfully though that was the coldest January in years!) And in 2011 we even trekked over to Disneyland! In 2012 I went twice, once in January and again in December for New Years. In 2013 I went twice. I stayed a month in January and again in March for my 21st birthday!

My 21st birthday, March 2013

Woowee! My Disney history is long compared to my DH's
This is the story of my DH:
He went to WDW with his family when he was 7yo and him and his siblings preferred the pool to the parks.

That was the first and last time he's been.

So I get the pleasure of taking him to Disney for his first adult trip. He's so very lucky he married a Dis addict!

SEE? He's so happy!

Up Next: The Where!

Last edited by GraceMonica; 08-07-2014 at 09:20 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2014, 10:25 AM   #3
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

The Where!

Let's get to the exciting Disney stuff! Where are we going to stay?

WELL. Here's how my mind ran for the past few weeks
Day one: Let's stay at POP! I loved POP! Its inexpensive and fun and not too far from parks and the busses aren't so bad. But if they are bad, we'll have a vehicle!
Day two: Hmm I wonder how much it would cost to stay deluxe? Let's look at The boardwalk or the beach club! Ohh, wow. That's outside my budget. BUT, It is our honeymoon so maybe we should?
Day three: What about moderates? Let's look at Caribbean Beach, because its not too far from the parks. *looks at map* oh wow! That's a big place!
Day four: POP IT IS! We'll just splurge a little by adding an extra day! OKay! Sounds great!!
POP was my original choice! But since I Can't guarantee that we'll be getting a king bed and the small beds just did not appeal to me, I made the switch to....Port Orleans French Quarter!

Last edited by GraceMonica; 10-11-2014 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Officially Booked!
Old 08-02-2014, 08:13 PM   #4
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

The When

The When:

I officially booked my vacation package today!

We are staying at POFQ from...

January 3rd thru the 7th!
Our plan right now is to drive down the 31st of December. Visit DH's DGP in Tallahassee. Then, we make the trek from Tallahassee to Kissimmee on the first to stay at my DGP's rental place. Finally on Saturday check into the hotel! Then back to the rental house!

SO recap
January 1-3 Offsite
January 3-7 POFQ
January 7-11 Offsite

Last edited by GraceMonica; 10-11-2014 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Officially Booked!
Old 08-03-2014, 09:25 AM   #5
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Disney Deluxe Dining Plan!

What happens when you want an all inclusive vacation? You get talked into the Dining plan. What happens when you're me and the regular dining plan just wont do, you talk you DH into going DELUXE! We were originally going to do just the dining plan. But my taste is just too expensive for that. Signatures don't make sense on the regular dining plan. So naturally I said "Woah there, wait a minute...let's go all out!"

So for the first time ever I will be using the DxDDP. I'm really excited about it. We are paying full price for it, but DH and I love eating, so I think it will work well for us!

SO I have been planning extra hard to make sure no credits goes to waste. This plan also gives me a chance to eat at some restaurants I've never tried.

I haven't finalized my dining plans yet. But I've made a few reservations!

My plans are:
Kona Café Breakfast (Paying OOP)
Flying Fish*
Crystal Palace breakfast
California Grill
Yak & Yeti
50's Prime Time
Narcoosse's*
'Ohana dinner

*Never dined here before

Since we are doing the Deluxe Dining Plan, It's really important to have reservations. For this reason, we're going to stay at a resort for only four nights. The last few nights we will be offsite DH doesn't like to plan so, the first few days will be super planned with ADRs and such and then for the end of our trip we're going to go with the flow!

I'm happy with this decision!

And for my snack credits I'm hoping to use them for CUPCAKES!

Last edited by GraceMonica; 10-11-2014 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Updated Information
Old 08-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #6
MrsAyres
Earning My Ears

:)

I think cupcakes are an excellent use of a snack credit!

Someone on here posted a picture of an amazing looking chocolate peanut butter one - I need to find that post again and note down the name of the spot so I can pick one up

Looking forward to hearing about your plans and adventures!

I know every mile will be worth my while... - My January 2015 POR PTR!

I am to WDW with my husband & 3 teenagers! Wish me luck!
MrsAyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:56 AM   #7
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAyres View Post
I think cupcakes are an excellent use of a snack credit!

Someone on here posted a picture of an amazing looking chocolate peanut butter one - I need to find that post again and note down the name of the spot so I can pick one up

Looking forward to hearing about your plans and adventures!
I think I read that there is a choco peanut butter one at Starring Rolls in DHS! That's definitely something I'd like to try as well! Thinking about being able to eat 6 different ginormous cupcakes gets me all sorts of hyped up!
Old 08-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #8
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Timeline Of Events

Since DH hasn't been to Disney World since he was 7, I'm going to treat this trip like its his first.

I'm going to really show him Disney World the way its supposed to be shown.

So here is an overview of events for the week!

Day 1: Check in day / Hollywood Studios day!

Day 2: Magic Kingdom day!

Day 3: Epcot day!

Day 4: Animal Kingdom day!

Day 5: DAY OFF! OR getting back to DHS if we don't do much the first day. Really, anything can happen!

Days 6-9: Toss up! These days are up to the hubby!

Day 10: Departure day!

Last edited by GraceMonica; 10-11-2014 at 05:41 AM.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:49 PM   #9
Britbrie
In love with Stitch!

Congrats on your wedding!! I'm sure you'll convert your new hubby to LOVE Disney in no time! Can't wait to read more!!

January 2014 Trip Report: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3270640
December 2014 PTR--In Progress!!: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3313484

Britbrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:46 PM   #10
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britbrie View Post
Congrats on your wedding!! I'm sure you'll convert your new hubby to LOVE Disney in no time! Can't wait to read more!!
Thank you! He hates it when I talk about Disney, so I'm glad I have the DIS to talk all about Disney! I'm sure he'll love WDW because I love it and he loves me!
Old 08-07-2014, 09:05 AM   #11
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Some exciting news!

Okay! I’m back and with a bit of exciting news! But before we get to that…I want to show you what I made!

I have to budget REALLY hard for this trip. We went from going out to eat 3 to 4 times a week…to none at all. Which means I have to cook and buy groceries. I love cooking, but with my work schedule being so different every week, it’s hard for me to want to cook. (So now the nights I get off at 9pm, I have many options for DH to eat so I don’t have to worry about him going out and spending more money!)

We haven’t gone out to eat since the 13th of July! Holy smokes! We then vowed to only go out on the 13th of every month, because we got married on June 13th, and it would be a little celebratory dinner.

This month I got two coupons for a free chicken salad sandwich at chick fil A. Hey…I can’t knock free.

So we’ll probably do that on the 13th.

To help me visualize my money goals I made a progress chart.

and…

Here’s a close up of it.

The Mickey head slides up (and down, but we don't want it going down!) so every time we (I) make a contribution to the Disney fund, I get to move it up!

BACK TO THE EXCITING NEWS

Last night as I was folding laundry, I decided to ask DH a very serious question regarding this trip.
Me – “So would you prefer appetizers, entrees, and dessert OR just Entrees and dessert”
DH – “Can we do just appetizers and entrees, No dessert?”
Me – “No. Do you want to do the Deluxe dining plan? We would get to try all these fancy restaurants and eat fancy food and get appetizers with them too. It is our honeymoon, after all”
DH – “Okay, but just realize this will probably be the best Disney vacation we’re going to take until our future kids are out of the house.”

FINE WITH ME!

So, I talked DH into the DXDDP and surprisingly, it was easy!

He really likes the idea of an all-inclusive vacation. So that’s what I’m going to give him!

PLUS, I really wanted to do California Grill and Narcoossee’s this trip, so going deluxe just seemed logical.

Now I get to do fun things like plan more meals and this means MORE SNACK CREDITS!
So more cupcakes and more credits for other stuff. I just really like food...

Now I get to patiently wait for discounts to come out. Two months wont be that long, will it?

Last edited by GraceMonica; 08-07-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:10 PM   #12
craedaisy12
Mouseketeer

Love the savings bar! Adorable! So much planning to do still!

~October 18-26, 2014~
craedaisy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:57 PM   #13
Britbrie
In love with Stitch!

That's an awesome craft! I should make one of those!! I definitely need to start saving!!

January 2014 Trip Report: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3270640
December 2014 PTR--In Progress!!: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3313484

Britbrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #14
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Cupcakes GALORE! pt.1

Okay, last night I saw a post from The Disney Food Blog.

Guess what it was about...

CUPCAKES!

I squealed with joy when I saw this!

Naturally I started planning out what cupcakes I NEED to get my hands on!
As of right now I am going to have 8 snack credits on the dining plan. That's 8 cupcakes for my enjoyment.

Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake: This is quickly becoming a fan favorite after being introduced in late 2010. The red velvet cake topped with cream cheese frosting and the slightest dollop of what seems like real cheesecake is decadent to say the least! Get it at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!

This one I’m definitely going to try! I make an amazing red velvet and cream cheese icing cupcake and I want to see how Disney’s cupcakes stack up!

Photo and description from DisneyFoodBlog's website

More cupcakes to come!

Last edited by GraceMonica; 08-09-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:51 AM   #15
craedaisy12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
Okay, last night I saw a post from The Disney Food Blog. Guess what it was about... CUPCAKES! I squealed with joy when I saw this! Naturally I started planning out what cupcakes I NEED to get my hands on! As of right now I am going to have 8 snack credits on the dining plan. That's 8 cupcakes for my enjoyment. Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake: This is quickly becoming a fan favorite after being introduced in late 2010. The red velvet cake topped with cream cheese frosting and the slightest dollop of what seems like real cheesecake is decadent to say the least! Get it at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! This one I’m definitely going to try! I make an amazing red velvet and cream cheese icing cupcake and I want to see how Disney’s cupcakes stack up! Photo and description from DisneyFoodBlog's website More cupcakes to come!
The cupcake looks delicious! Must take pictures of all the ones you get!!

~October 18-26, 2014~
craedaisy12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disneymoon, disneymoon 2015, january 2015, january ptr

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: