Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2014, 06:27 PM   #1
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

(MNSSHP) YES, I would LOVE to build a snowman!!! Frozen Summer Fun Done Differently

YES, I would LOVE to build a snowman!!!
Frozen Summer Fun Done Differently

Index

I have a new favorite season at Disney! Never thought I'd find a better time than Star War Weekends or Christmas time. But they've been replaced by Frozen Summer Fun! My dh and ds would beg to differ. SWW is still their favorite. But they had to admit that this event came a close 2nd. Come, follow along with us and see why.

ETA (8/26): This TR has just become a PTR as well. Heading to MNSSHP over Labor Day. Trying out the new FP+ for the Frozen Sing-along on Tuesday! In addition, we've been walking on the dark side, so some Universal reports will be added as well!

Introductions

This is us.

Last edited by lovethattink; 08-26-2014 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Updating
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:28 PM   #2
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Index

Day 1 part 1: Resort Check in and First Glimpse of Frozen Summer Fun

Day 1, Part 2: Frozen Penny Pressed Penny, Parade Entrance Gate, etc

Day 1, Part 3: Sven Magic Shot, Premium Package Check-in

Day 1, Part 4: Premium Package - Anna and Elsa's Royal Welcome

Day 1, Part 5: Premium Package - For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration

Day 1, Part 6: Pop Century and Wandering Oaken's Trading Post and Frozen Funland

Day 1, Part 7: Premium Package - Frozen Dessert Party

Day 1, Part 8: Premium Package - Frozen Fireworks

Day 2, Part 1: No Package, No Problem: Anna and Elsa's Royal Welcome Parade

Day 2, Part 2: No Package, No Problem: Wandering Oaken's Frozen Funland

Day 2, Part 3: No Package, No Problem: Frozen Fireworks

Check Out Day: Parade, Take 3. Kristoff Makes Magic

Premium Package: Done Differently: Part 1: Parade

Premium Package: Done Differently: Part 2: Funland, Singalong, Aurasma App, Magic Shots.

Premium Package: Done Differently: Part 3: Dessert & Fireworks

7/19 Another FSF: Checking out Standby for the Sing-along

A Day on the Dark Side, WOW!

Last edited by lovethattink; 08-30-2014 at 11:06 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2014, 06:39 PM   #3
esmom
Earning My Ears

So excited to hear all the details! Thanks for writing a trip report!

esmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:51 PM   #4
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Following!
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:10 PM   #5
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Following!!
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Ferrentinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #6
Kanga1
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

See our July 2014 Video

See our July 2010 Video

Kanga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:51 PM   #7
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Originally I had planned for either dh or myself to spend 1 night somewhere onsite when my son had to stay overnight for a 24 hour Video EEG in Orlando, the other parent would stay with ds. But when I was making the reservation, I saw a passholder special for 2 night stays and free Memory Maker. That sounded great to me! But why just 2? Let's make it 3 nights and have some fun after the test! So I booked July 7-10.

Then the Frozen Summertime Fun was announced. DS and I were very excited. Next came the announcement of the Summer Fun Premium Package. I went and booked it for July 5th, the first day!

Dh asked how on earth we would be able to stay all day at DHS in this heat. Our son can't control his body temperature. He doesn't sweat. So I called Disney and was able to change our reservations for July 5 to 8, passholder room only with free Memory Maker. We were set.

I was told that I needed to check into the resort first in order to activate the MM. So our first stop was to Pop Century. A cm with a handheld checked me in before I even entered the queue. She said our room wasn't ready and tried to find us a room that was. She found a few but they were all on the 2nd or 3rd floors.

A few months back, ds and I were stuck in an elevator and we both are a bit reluctant to use them. He can't do flights of steps. So I opted to wait until a 1st floor room was ready. She took down a contact number and said I'd be texted when the room was available. I asked if there was any Frozen Summer Fun information available. She handed me this brochure. I thanked her and we were off to DHS.

Parking was easy. Bag check went smoothly. Saw these two people sitting on buckets behind a big sand pile. Wondered what they were going to make. Ds says, I bet they are going to build a snowman!

As we passed by the ticket counter I snapped this picture.

Off to the entrance were we. (Oops, no Yoda talk here. Time to change modes from SWW thoughts to Frozen ones. Hope I don't get a brain freeze.)

Have you ever had a magic band not work? During SWW we stayed at Disney 4 weekends. (Oh, I'm back to Star Wars again. What can I say, it's a big part of our lives. Guess the Star Wars talk stays too.) Anyway, back to the magic bands. One weekend our bands wouldn't work for the room. We had two rooms and both rooms had problems. Another weekend, it was just my band. It wouldn't work for room entry. Took an hour to fix. Then it wouldn't work for park entry. That was another hour spent at Guest Services. Would the band work this first day of Frozen? Would Memory Maker work?

Yes, it worked first try! We were in! Take-along Olaf was easily spotted.

Frozen was everywhere. There were banners, marquees, and Olaf. The only thing missing was Frozen music. The park was eerily quiet and void of any music. Is DHS always music free when it's not SWW?

It was almost 9:30. We knew it was time to get ds into the air conditioning so he'd be cooled off before the parade. Oaken's Trading Post sounded like a good way to cool off. But how would the line look? Would we be able to get in there and inside in time to cool off before checking in for the Premium Package?
Old 07-08-2014, 08:12 PM   #8
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by esmom View Post
So excited to hear all the details! Thanks for writing a trip report!
Welcome! I enjoy writing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwenMarie View Post
Following!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrentinos View Post
Following!!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanga1 View Post
I'm in!
Welcome!
Old 07-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #9
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

Yay!! a FSF TR!! Loving the pics!

bjakmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:47 PM   #10
Princess Michele
Mouseketeer

I cannot wait to read the rest of the TR. We will be there on July 25th.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:29 AM   #11
Portugal1000
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your report. We plain to have our first day at HS on 12th August but as it's my sons 14th birthday I don't think there will be much Frozen on the agenda. Will be a quick visit to ride his favourite rides then off to Typhoon Lagoon for the waves. But we have 18 nights in Orlando as part of our 23 night trip so sure we will find the time. Looking forward to reading more.
Dec 08 - All Star Sports, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Hilton Grand Vacations Sea World, 21 Nights
August 09 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 17 Nights
Nov 09 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 15 Nights
Dec 10 - Quality Suites,Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Homewood Suites, 18 Nights
August 2011 - Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, 19 Nights
July 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 21 Nights - Hard Rock Hotel, 1 Night
July 2013 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 22 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific Hotel, 1 Night
August 2014 - Tradewinds Resort, 4 Nights - Universal Royal Pacific, 1 Night - Wyndham Bonnet Creek 18 Nights
Portugal1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 07:23 AM   #12
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjakmom View Post
Yay!! a FSF TR!! Loving the pics!
Welcome. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Michele View Post
I cannot wait to read the rest of the TR. We will be there on July 25th.
Welcome, Thanks! So excited for you. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugal1000 View Post
Enjoying your report. We plain to have our first day at HS on 12th August but as it's my sons 14th birthday I don't think there will be much Frozen on the agenda. Will be a quick visit to ride his favourite rides then off to Typhoon Lagoon for the waves. But we have 18 nights in Orlando as part of our 23 night trip so sure we will find the time. Looking forward to reading more.
Welcome. Thank you so much. Even if you don't get to have Frozen Fun on the 12th, you can still check things out from a distance and have a better idea of what's going on. Wow! 18 nights in Orlando! You'll have plenty of time to see it later. I hope your so enjoys his 14th bday!
Old 07-09-2014, 07:27 AM   #13
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

I'm jumping in and following I love the thread you started on the event and can't wait to read your report.

Theresa
Old 07-09-2014, 07:46 AM   #14
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't miss this for the world! Marking my spot for now and will be back to read all of the details.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:58 AM   #15
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfire240 View Post
I'm jumping in and following I love the thread you started on the event and can't wait to read your report.

Theresa
Welcome. Thanks! Are you the Theresa going this Saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I wouldn't miss this for the world! Marking my spot for now and will be back to read all of the details.
Hey Lisa! Welcome.

Tags
frozen premium package, frozen royal welcome, frozen summer fun live, sing-along, wandering oaken's

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: