DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2014, 06:19 AM   #1
Beantown73
Earning My Ears

Bay lake tower lounge question

Just put in an offer at Saratoga springs! I'm so excited but don't know how I'm going to wait the 30 days for Disney's FROR. If we want to go to bay lake tower to watch the fireworks from the lounge is that allowed sine we are DVC members even though we may not be staying at that resort?
Janis
Beantown73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:38 AM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

From DVCMember.com:
Quote:
Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with vacation points or cash) may enjoy access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2014 (blockout dates apply. Including but not limited to 12/30/13, 12/31/13, 7/3/14, and 7/4/14). Current operating hours are 6 p.m. to midnight.

This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Key to the World card displaying a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. If the Member's Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Member ID is required in addition to the Key to the World card to verify Membership.

Note that Members traveling from other Resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation, as parking is unavailable to anyone not staying at Bay Lake Tower or Disney's Contemporary Resort. Upon arrival, Members must walk to the Bay Lake Tower main lobby entrance on the ground floor and check in at the Top of the World Lounge desk in the lobby.

This special Top of the World Lounge access is available on a first-come, first-served basis until the lounge reaches capacity. As the lounge is particularly popular during the Magic Kingdom fireworks, arriving as early as possible will give Members the best chance of gaining admission.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2014, 06:52 AM   #3
Beantown73
Earning My Ears

Thank you!
Beantown73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:09 AM   #4
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

As a new owner you should know that perks and extras can and do change as Disney/DVC sees fit. The lounge could close, discounts can change, more deals could be offered. We don't know when, if, or why they give us the perks that they do and we really don't have a say in what perks are offered.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #5
TagsMissy
Counting down the days... It's not always easy being the wife of a soldier.

Just make certain you have your membership card when you go, they often ask to see it.

Welcome Home!
79-95 Numerous Disneyland Trips/98 POFQ /08 POR/09 POR, SSR/AKV Kidani & BLT/11 BWV & BLT/12 Aulani & Disneyland Club 33/13 DL Club 33/Wonder & BLT/BWV/14 AKV Jambo/VWL & DL Friend's Wedding Celebration/15 DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean

TagsMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:39 PM   #6
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TagsMissy
Just make certain you have your membership card when you go, they often ask to see it.

Welcome Home!
Always carry your membership card when in DISNEY. Many times on our recent trip CMs would see our DVC member slider when purchasing and ask for the card to give is the discount... But you always are supposed to show the card... And picture ID. It's not always asked... But don't expect anything without them. Going to the lounge last week only required them scanning our band and our info was available for them to see we were DVC.... But the CM thanked me for bringing the card as well. Many times the scanners don't work as advertised and they needed to see the card... And if you don't have it they won't let you up I that case.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:52 PM   #7
canadiandisneymommy
Earning My Ears

We are going in September and hope to view the fireworks from here. How busy does it get? Should we try to be there by a certain time to get a good view?
canadiandisneymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 03:22 PM   #8
dizfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiandisneymommy View Post
We are going in September and hope to view the fireworks from here. How busy does it get? Should we try to be there by a certain time to get a good view?
It very rarely gets packed. I remember one time there were no tables or bar seats available. We ordered a beverage from the bar, watched fireworks outside, and then left. I think it was a MNSSHP night and with the park closing early without a special ticket, more people were back at the resort enjoying fireworks from TOTWL.

Typically, it picks up about an hour before and dies down soon afterwards.

Outdoor viewing area will often be busier than the bar, but only once could we not get up to the concrete wall.
dizfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:27 PM   #9
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

I didn't really care for the fireworks view from TOTWL. You see them scattered all over the MK and the surrounding area. When you are in the park, they all look like they are coming from one place.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:05 PM   #10
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

I was staying at Fort Wilderness Villas last weekend and we went over to BLT to watch wishes Friday night. I had to have my card, and they scanned my magic band and made me enter the 4 digit pin before we could go up.
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF,BCV),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (SSR),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:23 AM   #11
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Disney Mom View Post
I was staying at Fort Wilderness Villas last weekend and we went over to BLT to watch wishes Friday night. I had to have my card, and they scanned my magic band and made me enter the 4 digit pin before we could go up.
I had the same experience in May of having to enter my pin.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:22 AM   #12
paults
HOME IS WHERE BWV IS

What Pin? I never had to enter a Pin.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:56 AM   #13
Denise W
Boardwalk DVC Member

The pin you establish for use with your magic band.

Denise
Denise W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:28 AM   #14
paults
HOME IS WHERE BWV IS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise W View Post
The pin you establish for use with your magic band.

Denise
are you talking about the pin you will make if you leave a credit card at front desk at sign in so they can link it to your card?

I just can't remember a pin I would have made for MB's.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:33 AM   #15
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by paults View Post
are you talking about the pin you will make if you leave a credit card at front desk at sign in so they can link it to your card?

I just can't remember a pin I would have made for MB's.
Doesn't MDE give you the option of adding a PIN to your profile?

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: