Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #16
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

I'd also suggest something like this

so that she isn't worried about her feet getting run over by the EVC. Just to give her a little bit of space, but also make sure she's not going to bolt or get separated.

The best suggestion is to go at her pace. Maybe even do early morning to 12p, head back to the resort for a rest, and head back out in the afternoon to avoid the hottest points in the day.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:34 PM   #17
Gracie09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
I'd also suggest something like this

so that she isn't worried about her feet getting run over by the EVC. Just to give her a little bit of space, but also make sure she's not going to bolt or get separated.

The best suggestion is to go at her pace. Maybe even do early morning to 12p, head back to the resort for a rest, and head back out in the afternoon to avoid the hottest points in the day.
These are what we have. They are made by greater than one kid.
Gracie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #18
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKRUD View Post
How is your upper body strength? Can you drive your ECV safely and responsibly with one hand? Are you willing to endure the non-understanding gazes of the more able-bodied?

If you can answer positively to all these, then put your granddaughter in her stroller (not a Disney rental, preferable an umbrella or other LIGHT collapsible) and hold onto it as you go. Not by the handles, but by the metal frame on the side. No, don't tow it, it's not a waterski.

This will make you a double-wide on pathways, so you'll have to be *very* proficient at your driving skills. I did this on my last trip with my DS3. It will run your battery down faster, and as I said, you will be rudely gazed upon (at least) by those with less physical challenges than you. But I could find nothing that said it was not allowed. In fact, dozens of CMs saw me throughout the day, and more than one cheered me on as I travelled through the World.
Quite frankly, this is an unsafe thing to do and I can't believe that you suggested this, let alone actually did it! If I had seen you doing this, I would have been looking at you in disbelief
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:30 PM   #19
Coonhound
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKRUD View Post
How is your upper body strength? Can you drive your ECV safely and responsibly with one hand? Are you willing to endure the non-understanding gazes of the more able-bodied?

If you can answer positively to all these, then put your granddaughter in her stroller (not a Disney rental, preferable an umbrella or other LIGHT collapsible) and hold onto it as you go. Not by the handles, but by the metal frame on the side. No, don't tow it, it's not a waterski.

This will make you a double-wide on pathways, so you'll have to be *very* proficient at your driving skills. I did this on my last trip with my DS3. It will run your battery down faster, and as I said, you will be rudely gazed upon (at least) by those with less physical challenges than you. But I could find nothing that said it was not allowed. In fact, dozens of CMs saw me throughout the day, and more than one cheered me on as I travelled through the World.
I'm also pretty shocked that you thought it was ok to do this. I'm also surprised no CM stopped you..I don't know if they have jurisdiction to stop you but the scooter company certainly wouldn't want that done..as another poster said things like that are usually against the contract you has to sign..
Coonhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:49 PM   #20
wilkeliza
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonhound

I'm also pretty shocked that you thought it was ok to do this. I'm also surprised no CM stopped you..I don't know if they have jurisdiction to stop you but the scooter company certainly wouldn't want that done..as another poster said things like that are usually against the contract you has to sign..
Sadly it is not in most CMs jurisdiction unless it is a major major safety violation. We are told to really only say something if it is a WDW owned ECV. We aren't suppose to encourage it though and if I saw it I probably would have said something because Safety is always first.
wilkeliza is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: