DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2014, 09:23 AM   #1
kphamousbr
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Disney Vacation Account

Good morning to Disney fans ! We just opened Disney vacation account and made deposit into account for our coming trip next May 2015 . Can anyone tell us if it is good idea to have it ? Thanks. Have a magical day.
kphamousbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:30 AM   #2
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

I don't see why you need Disney to hold your money. We have our own Savings account that we use for vacations, pay for the vacations with a rewards credit card and pay off the credit card with the Savings account.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #3
dbramer
Mouseketeer

It's good for those people who can easily justify removing money from a savings account to pay for current expenses. The delay time in getting the money back from Disney makes one consider the importance of taking the money out and if the need is really justified. I have enough in mine to pay the deposit for our package when booking opens for 2015, and then I will pay monthly through MDE.

If I were saving to pay all at once, it would be a good investment for me, especially the bonus gift cards. We may still contribute because if we put the entire balance in the account and pay, we will get almost 150.00 in Disney Gift Cards.

76 - offsite, 79 - offsite, 82 - offsite - (USAF) - 93 - offsite, 96 - offsite, 01 - offsite, 05 - offsite, 09 - Pop, 15 - POFQ

dbramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:22 AM   #4
kphamousbr
Earning My Ears

Disney Vacation Account

Thanks for your reply . We are going to WDW this Dec and next May . We opened account and deposited gift cards into account . We saved money and bought gift cards from Sam's club . We called Disney to address our concern , if account holder died . Can spouse access to account since there is one name on account ?
Old 06-30-2014, 11:34 AM   #5
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphamousbr View Post
Good morning to Disney fans ! We just opened Disney vacation account and made deposit into account for our coming trip next May 2015 . Can anyone tell us if it is good idea to have it ? Thanks. Have a magical day.
How do you intend to use the money in the account? It can't be used for room charges nor as a method of payment at any store or restaurant, so you are basically limited to using it for park admission when staying on points.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:59 AM   #6
kphamousbr
Earning My Ears

We intend to pay from this account for our dining plan , annual passes and other like Richard Petty race track as long as WDW accept Disney gift cards , you are ok . For purchase gifts , you can ask them to send you in form of Disney gift card if you still have remain balance . It can be maximum $500 but you have to let know 4-6 weeks in advance.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: