Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2014, 08:47 AM   #1
married2mm
DIS Veteran

How does DAS work during emh?

Both in the morning and the evening?
married2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:56 AM   #2
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

I don't believe it does. FP is not in use during EMH, either morning or night, and therefore no alternative line for DAS entry. We're never out late enough for evening EMH, but in our experience during morning EMH the lines should be near walk-on.

Enjoy your vacation!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2014, 09:47 AM   #3
jmartinez1895
DIS Veteran

We have not been since the DAS has been in use, but every time we have gone we do the evening EMH and the rides are mostly walk on there as well.
POR 2011
POR 2013
jmartinez1895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #4
becd
Mouseketeer

I have been during EMH since the change and yes, DAS is not necessary because the rides are walk on.
becd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #5
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:01 PM   #6
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

GAC was never used during EMH either - for the reasons others mentioned.

- the Fastpass line is not in use, so there is no other place to return to

- the lines are generally short (walk on pretty much as quickly as you can from our experience)

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:53 PM   #7
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

How about for attractions where there are physical barriers to access? For me the DAS isn't always about not waiting in the standby line. Some attractions have stairs, turnstiles, a large number of switchbacks, areas that are too crowded, in the standby line, even when empty that are physical issues for me getting though the standby line.

Do they just send you through the alternate entrance at these attractions (think Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Monsters Inc., Philharmagic, Finding Nemo, etc.) without a wait or how are these handled?
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:33 PM   #8
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
How about for attractions where there are physical barriers to access? For me the DAS isn't always about not waiting in the standby line. Some attractions have stairs, turnstiles, a large number of switchbacks, areas that are too crowded, in the standby line, even when empty that are physical issues for me getting though the standby line.

Do they just send you through the alternate entrance at these attractions (think Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Monsters Inc., Philharmagic, Finding Nemo, etc.) without a wait or how are these handled?
Interesting question.

Actually, last year on star tours-the cms gave us a shorter access route,however it was never offered this year.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:01 PM   #9
jmartinez1895
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post

They always have handicap access open ( or at least in my experience anyway). If you need to avoid stairs or if the standby line is not handicap accessible then they will accommodate. In general you should not find to many areas that are crowded, standby lines that are normally handicap accessible will more than likely be the only route they will allow you to enter.
POR 2011
POR 2013
jmartinez1895 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: