Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2014, 03:35 PM   #1
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR **TR Updates 9/26 & 9/29**

Hello all and welcome to my latest TR! For those that haven't read any of my TRs or PTRs before, welcome! Please feel free to reply, I love hearing from everyone as they read along! To get this started let me introduce the players:

My actual name is Stephanie, and I live in Pasadena, Maryland. I am an Office Receptionist for a non-profit spay and neuter clinic, and I LOVE my job. I am 30 years old and while I'm single I do have an amazing boyfriend named George. Here is a picture of he and I, though he didn't come on this trip:

So who did come with me? My Mom, Jennie, did! This was our first Mother and Daughter trip. Me, her, my Dad and my 2 younger sisters went twice all together when I was a kid, but this was the first trip with just the two of us. Here is a picture of her and I during this trip. Believe it or not we did not coordinate our clothes at all, we just accidentally matched!

I don't have any two-legged children (and don't plan on having any!), but I do have 5 furry children. I have a dog, Phoenix, who is a 10 year old Beagle/Belgian Malinois mix.

And 4 cats:
Jag, a 12 year old Maine Coon/Ragdoll mix. He was a rescue from the local animal control when he was 11 weeks old.

Turk, a 12 year DSH. His momma was found, while pregnant, by a woman working in Baltimore who was very allergic to cats. She didn't want her to give birth in the city, so she caught her, brought her home, put her in the basement, and told her husband that he had to care for her and the kittens once they were born . She gave birth a few days later. I got Turk at 8 weeks, and she had named him that as all the kittens had been named after Disney movies, so I kept it!

Jynx, a 9 year old Torti with white. She was found by my parents with 4 of her siblings at around 6 weeks old. Their mom had been hit be a car and passed away. I kept her, my sister Lisa kept one of her sisters and my parents kept one of her brothers. They found homes for the other 2. She's been having some health issues lately, which I may mention from time to time. Over the course of a year she lost half her body weight and we (me and her vet) couldn't figure out what was wrong as her blood tests all came back that she was in perfect health. At the beginning of May I took her in for an ultrasound and found out she has either small cell lymphoma or Irritable Bowel Disease. I couldn't do a biopsy due to both her health (she had little chance of surviving the surgery) and money (it would have cost $3000+). Thankfully the treatment for both is the same medication, so she was put on Prednisone and B12 injections and has already gained back a few pounds and is doing great!

And finally Sweetie. She is an 8-ish year old DSH tabby. I found her when I was living in the boonies, and she adopted me. She went from injured and feral, to healed and sweet as can be in 3 weeks. She is difficult to get pictures of as she never stops moving, but here she is playing, which is her favorite activity!

So now that you met my Mom and I and know more about me, how about we get this TR started? Any questions or comments please let me know!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Last edited by PhoenixStrength; 09-29-2014 at 11:24 AM.
PhoenixStrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:35 PM   #2
PhoenixStrength

Reserved

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #3
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Yay! You've started and what great intro pics!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Can't wait to read all about it. I love the "matching" shirts that you and your Mom wore. I also love seeing pictures of all your fur babies. So glad that Jynx is doing better.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:02 PM   #5
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm here; looking forward to hearing all about it.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #6
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Pretty cool...I am from Pasadena, MD and my mom still lives there. I am taking her to WDW in August with my two DDs (15 yo twins). We are driving, in my mom's car, down for 5 nights and then driving to Hilton Head where my DH, DS and her BF will meet us for a 5 night stay there. Can't wait! So, I am looking forward to your TR. Curious to see what attractions your mom liked doing. I just picked our FP+ and am not sure I chose well for my mom (66 yo)...but my 2 DDs like all the BIG rides. Thanks so much for writing this TR!!!
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 09:12 AM   #7
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I'm here!

Glad to know that Jynx is doing well and gaining some weight.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:03 PM   #8
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Yay! You've started and what great intro pics!
Hi Lisa! Thanks, I like them too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to read all about it. I love the "matching" shirts that you and your Mom wore. I also love seeing pictures of all your fur babies. So glad that Jynx is doing better.
Hi Ariana! It was so funny that we both wound up wearing old time Mickey and Minnie blue shirts that day. And thanks, I'm so glad she is doing better too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm here; looking forward to hearing all about it.
Hi Kathy! Thanks for making it over, especially with everything going on with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Pretty cool...I am from Pasadena, MD and my mom still lives there. I am taking her to WDW in August with my two DDs (15 yo twins). We are driving, in my mom's car, down for 5 nights and then driving to Hilton Head where my DH, DS and her BF will meet us for a 5 night stay there. Can't wait! So, I am looking forward to your TR. Curious to see what attractions your mom liked doing. I just picked our FP+ and am not sure I chose well for my mom (66 yo)...but my 2 DDs like all the BIG rides. Thanks so much for writing this TR!!!
Hi, and thanks for joining in! You are the first person I've met on here that is also from Pasadena, MD Your upcoming trip sounds like a fun one, and I'll certainly have all the rides my Mom enjoyed in this TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm here!

Glad to know that Jynx is doing well and gaining some weight.
Glad you made it! And thank you, I was really worried about her for a while there, but she is definitely feeling and looking much better.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:17 PM   #9
PhoenixStrength

I just realized that I forgot to mention something in my opening post! If you will look down you will see a ticker for another trip George and I will be heading back to CBR in December to spend Christmas in WDW! We are both very excited. He has only been to WDW once, when he was 4 years old. He does remember a lot from that trip, but so much has changed since then and AK didn't exist back then so he will get to experience so many new things. I have been twice during the holiday season and seen the Christmas decorations, but this will be my first trip there over the actual Christmas holiday!

I won't talk about that trip much in this TR, I'll do a separate PTR for that in a few months, but wanted to mention it in case anyone noticed the ticker!

Old 06-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #10
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

How fun that you'll get to spend the Christmas holidays at Walt Disney World with your sweetie! It's the neatest thing to see Disney through a "newbie's" eyes. Yes, I know that you said he had been before but that was waaay back when so he's still a newbie to me.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:15 AM   #11
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Yay for Christmas at WDW! I want to do that someday. I'm going in December too but towards the beginning of the month so we will miss each other.
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #12
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Christmas trips are always fun! It looks like you'll be getting there about a day after we leave. Yeah... I know, I don't even have a ticker yet. We're heading back home 12/19.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:30 PM   #13
PhoenixStrength

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
How fun that you'll get to spend the Christmas holidays at Walt Disney World with your sweetie! It's the neatest thing to see Disney through a "newbie's" eyes. Yes, I know that you said he had been before but that was waaay back when so he's still a newbie to me.
He's still pretty much a newbie to me too! Most of what he remembers no longer exists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Yay for Christmas at WDW! I want to do that someday. I'm going in December too but towards the beginning of the month so we will miss each other.
I'm so excited to be there over the holiday. Sorry we will miss each other again, we seem to keep going close to each other's dates, but no overlapping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Christmas trips are always fun! It looks like you'll be getting there about a day after we leave. Yeah... I know, I don't even have a ticker yet. We're heading back home 12/19.
We are arriving 12/21, so we will just miss you! Too bad

Old 06-18-2014, 08:57 PM   #14
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm back.

I loved the intros.

And how exciting that you and George are going at Christmas. I'm sure that will be a very special trip.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:00 AM   #15
PhoenixStrength

So before I start the actual TR I thought I'd give you a little reference for what exactly this trip consisted of, especially for anyone who didn't see my last TR. Without further ado, here are the facts:

WHO: Me, Stephanie, and my mother, Jennie
WHAT: WDW vacation of course!
WHEN: Tuesday May 20, 2014 to Monday May 26, 2014
WHERE: We stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort. My second time staying there, and her first.
WHY: Umm, it's Disney so why not? Technically this was my Mother's Day present to her

I know this is a short update, but I'll start on the real TR action in the next few days. I'll probably get the first update up on Sunday evening, since I'm busy today and tomorrow having fun with George!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: