DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2014, 07:37 AM   #16
JimC
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Off topic posts deleted. Please stay on topic.
WDW - All Star Movies (Fantasia), Animal Kingdom Lodge (3), Animal Kingdom Villas (Jambo House-2, Kidani Village-6), Bay Lake Towers (7), Beach Club, Beach Club Villas (8), Boardwalk Villas, Contemporary (2), Caribbean Beach (Aruba-2, Jamaica-2), Coronado Springs (Casitas-3), Dixie Landings (Bayou), Disney Institute (Villas-3), Grand Floridian (Sago Cay), Old Key West (5), Polynesian (Figi), Port Orleans, Saratoga Springs (Carousel, Congress Park, Grandstand-2, Paddock, Springs, Treehouse Villas), Villas at Grand Floridian, Villas at Wilderness Lodge (5), Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, Other (Cypress Harbour-6, Doubletree Castle, Renaissance WorldGate, Village [Royal Plaza, Pickett Suite])
DCL - Dream (2/11 4, 10/11 3, 2/12 4, 5/13 4, 5/14 4), Fantasy (11/13 Eastern, 10/14 Western), Magic (6/99 4, 5/05 Panama Canal, 9/08 5, 11/10 Eastern, 10/11 Western), Wonder (12/06 4, 9/09 4, 5/12 Alaska)
DL - Grand Californian (4), Villas Grand Californian (3), Marriott
Other DVC - Hilton Head, Vero Beach (6)
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:59 AM   #17
CdnKayDee
Kim & Danelle

Here are some be aware of. DVC perks can change and are for members only not for just anyone using your points. Also the point charts can also change. Disney can shift points around at each resort based on demand from previous years. Disney is held to a max points per year for each resort but can allocate points as seen fit. Disney holds all the points at resorts that are not sold they can then use these points to upgrade guests from other resorts ie allstars or people from RCI come in. So book ahead. Here is the biggest be aware of. Many DVC members us included wish we had just bought 25 more points.
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2014, 01:15 PM   #18
Disney-Kim

Always planning our next trip !!

I agree on all the drawbacks. really its a financial commitment and you have to decide if that is ok with your life....and finances.

Here is why we bought if it helps you...

We had been to WDW 10 times by the time we bought in 2003...went 6 more times before we sold in 2009 due to financial downturn. We were an every year visitor for 16 trips...that is some commitment but we were nuts

We have been to WDW 4 more times since we sold and we always stay deluxe...so now at this point when our financial picture has changed we are venturing back in because we know we wil go to WDW at least every year and the years we don't will be Dland and Hawaii...and we want a place to go in our retirement as well...so it made sense for us now at age 47 to buy again and a cash purchase resale made a huge difference in the way we look at it.

We don't have kids but will take family members on our trips

hope this helps. I really think you have to visit a lot and stay deluxe to make it worth it. In the long run it works out when you are spending $3000 per trip for just the room as we have in the past for deluxes

~ WDW Boardwalk Inn May 13 ~Disneyland GCH Sept 12 ~ Disneyland GCH Nov 2011 ~ CBR May 2010 ~Polynesian Sept 09 ~ POR May09 ~ VWL May08 ~ Polynesian May07 ~ BCV May06 ~ VWL May05 ~ VWL May04 ~ BWV May 03~ Yacht Club Concierge Sept 02 ~ Polynesian Concierge for our Honeymoon May 02 ~ Beach Club 09/01 ~ CSR, POR, POFQ, and CBR on our previous trips back to 1992~
Disney-Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #19
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

Drawback ... I enjoy housekeeping, altho I've quickly gotten use to not having it, I do think the rooms that are serviced daily are cleaner, broken items are replaced more quickly and maintenance issues addressed. I think people tend to abuse something that they don't feel the replacement pinch directly and as the rooms are only serviced once or twice a week issues are missed, forgotten and left to wait.

Largely, the rooms are OK but the textiles are worn and stained which I never found in a hotel room - not even at the moderates (never stayed at a value).

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013

Last edited by bakerworld; 08-10-2014 at 09:07 AM. Reason: adjusted my answer to be more on topic
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: