Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
dekraut
Earning My Ears

DAS: which attractions, and access questions

Hello all,

I did some reading but not sure I found the answers to these questions. If I missed them please excuse me.

We are arriving in less than two weeks, and are planning to request a DAS for my autistic son.

1. Can the DAS be used on any attraction or only attractions with FP+? For example, if we want to ride something that doesn't have a FP+, but does have a long wait, can we use a DAS pass to get a return time for that attraction?

2. If you use a DAS to get a return time, I think that I read that you normally return to the FP+ line. Do you then just wait in the FP+ line as if you had a FP+ for that attraction, or do you get right on the ride?

3. If a ride does to have a FP+, and therefore no separate FP+, where do you go when you return, and how do you enter the attraction?

Thanks for any help. Just trying to prepare myself and my wife for what we need to expect. Haven't been to DW since '96, and I didn't have kiddos then!
dekraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:23 PM   #2
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekraut View Post
Hello all,

I did some reading but not sure I found the answers to these questions. If I missed them please excuse me.

We are arriving in less than two weeks, and are planning to request a DAS for my autistic son.

1. Can the DAS be used on any attraction or only attractions with FP+? For example, if we want to ride something that doesn't have a FP+, but does have a long wait, can we use a DAS pass to get a return time for that attraction?
You can ask at the attraction whether they offer DAS Return Times, but in general, it is just available at attractions that have Fastpass (Fastpass Plus at WDW).
They have been adding Fastpass Plus to most WDW attractions that did not have it, so it's pretty much everything.

Quote:
2. If you use a DAS to get a return time, I think that I read that you normally return to the FP+ line. Do you then just wait in the FP+ line as if you had a FP+ for that attraction, or do you get right on the ride?
You wait in the FP+ line as if you had FP+.
At the entrance and again at the point where guests scan their Magicbands OT tickets, you will need to show the DAS.
Quote:
3. If a ride does to have a FP+, and therefore no separate FP+, where do you go when you return, and how do you enter the attraction?

Thanks for any help. Just trying to prepare myself and my wife for what we need to expect. Haven't been to DW since '96, and I didn't have kiddos then!
Since most attractions have Fastpass Plus at WDW, that is where you would enter. If the attraction doesn't have Fastpass Plus, you would ask the CM at the entrance to the queue to direct you.

If you haven't seen it, there is a WDW DAS thread near the top of this board. Post one is DAS FAQs. There is a separate thread for DL.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:49 PM   #3
dekraut
Earning My Ears

Thank you. I did find that very helpful post above, I just wasn't sure if I understood these points exactly. Thank you for helping us know what to expect. We are hoping to have a great time!
dekraut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: