Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2014, 08:50 PM   #1
disney david
DIS Veteran

Fake service dogs a real problems

http://m.kesq.com/news/fake-service-...oblem/26743136

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:13 AM   #2
gericoronado
Mouseketeer

I work for a large retail chain and people come in ALL THE TIME with dogs and puppies. No one is ever able to question the authenticity of the "service dog" even though a two-month old puppy is obviously NOT a service dog. These dogs are frequently carried around in the shopping cart...yes, the same shopping cart that you or I later use to carry our food/clothing purchases. And, yes, sometimes there are "potty" accidents in the store.
gericoronado is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #3
karliebug
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gericoronado View Post
I work for a large retail chain and people come in ALL THE TIME with dogs and puppies. No one is ever able to question the authenticity of the "service dog" even though a two-month old puppy is obviously NOT a service dog. These dogs are frequently carried around in the shopping cart...yes, the same shopping cart that you or I later use to carry our food/clothing purchases. And, yes, sometimes there are "potty" accidents in the store.
But a puppy may be a service dog in training. Depending on your state law, a puppy in training has the same accessibility rights as a fully trained service dog. That is how they learn how to behave in public.
karliebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:38 PM   #4
mistysue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karliebug View Post
But a puppy may be a service dog in training. Depending on your state law, a puppy in training has the same accessibility rights as a fully trained service dog. That is how they learn how to behave in public.
They might be.
Lets be realistic though, they probably aren't and that hurts the credibility of true service dogs and dogs in training. I find it gross that people assume we all welcome the dander, saliva and potty droppings of their toy dogs on our new goods because they don't want to separate from their pet for a trip to the store.

I like vacations.
mistysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:17 PM   #5
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karliebug View Post
A good friend here trains dogs, and 'puppies' have to be a certain age and have a certain amount of training 'behind the scenes' to take out in public to 'train'. They 'must' be obedient to all the trainer's commands.

You don't take dogs, no matter the age, that are not potty trained!
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 01:04 AM   #6
CPT Tripss
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gericoronado View Post
Why not?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: