Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2014, 08:06 AM   #1
Wendydagny
Mouseketeer

Accessible entrance at new FOTLK theater?

I know in the old theater, all wheelchairs had to go through a separate entrance and they were seated first. In December IIRC we were not even able to use fp+ here because we needed to go in the wheelchair entrance. Is this still the case with the new theater? Just don't want to waste a fp.
Wendydagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 09:20 AM   #2
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

We used Fastpass Plus there in October and November 2013. Because they started letting guests using Fastpass Plus in before they opened the doors to the other guests, using a wheelchair in the Fastpass Plus line was not an issue.
I have not been there since the new theater, but expect it to be the same now.

The only reason they pulled out wheelchair users in the past was to get a count so they did not have more guests using mobility devices in the queue to get in than there were spots in the theater for them.
In the past, we often saw guests with wheelchairs arriving and being shown to spots in the theater even a few minutes before the start of the show.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
southernfriedmom
Mouseketeer

Finalizing our July plans- I am hoping to attend the first show (10AM) of FotLK and will be bringing in our stroller with a wheelchair tag. Can we use our DAS for this since it has a FP? If so, how could you accomplish that with the first show (will someone be there early?) or would you think the crowds are low enough for the first show we shouldn't bother? Thanks!
southernfriedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:30 PM   #4
bairdbeth
DIS Veteran

We just went to the FOLK yesterday and my son uses a scooter. They direct all FP+ to a FP line that is accessible. If you do not have a FP and use mobility equipment, there is a separate entrance where you will queue. It is located right next to the standby entrance (a gate martked with the white circle and blue wheelchair). They will seat FP+ first and then the mobility line and finally the standby. Pretty much set up like the other theater. I will say that the area in front of the queues is narrower than the previous theater and it can become congested. They did put up some ropes to try to keep the walkway area clear and people moving.
bairdbeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: