Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #1
Quasialamodo
Rescue Aid Society Member Since 86

Talking You're All Too Friendly

Hi,

I'm Quasialamodo (or you can call me John). I'm 28 and am currently a film student working on a documentary in Portland, OR. Under the advisement of a travel guide, I found my way to this message board and now I'm hooked on ptrs and trs and I have a lot of great information building for my honeymoon trip to WDW with my DH (Designated Husband? I hope that's what that means) in Nov. 2015.

I'm still debating on a lot of details, which is silly to say when you're planning a wedding and a trip to the World and still have over a year to do so. But I digress-

I wasn't gonna join just yet but I felt inspired to. Everything is very warm and happy here, at least -that's what I see on the outside. That, and whatever is making me hungry to try a Zebradome.

Thanks for reading my introduction and I hope we'll become good friends soon!

I will forever want Bernard and Bianca meet and greets and will always wonder why Jane and Meg weren't good enough to be princesses.

95- All Star Music
99/03- Disneyland
2015- Upcoming WDW Honeymoon
Quasialamodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:23 AM   #2
Grimbold
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasialamodo View Post
Hi,

I'm Quasialamodo (or you can call me John). I'm 28 and am currently a film student working on a documentary in Portland, OR. Under the advisement of a travel guide, I found my way to this message board and now I'm hooked on ptrs and trs and I have a lot of great information building for my honeymoon trip to WDW with my DH (Designated Husband? I hope that's what that means) in Nov. 2015.

I'm still debating on a lot of details, which is silly to say when you're planning a wedding and a trip to the World and still have over a year to do so. But I digress-

I wasn't gonna join just yet but I felt inspired to. Everything is very warm and happy here, at least -that's what I see on the outside. That, and whatever is making me hungry to try a Zebradome.

Welcome -

DH - Disney Husband - so you were close , DD - Disney Daughter, DW - Disney Wife, DS Disney Son.
DD is also double digit i.e you are now into double digits until your hols :D :D

It is a very friendly crowd on here. Go on introduce yourself in the sections you are looking at. Some very helpful and knowledgeable people on here.
Grimbold is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2014, 07:43 AM   #3
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

Old 05-28-2014, 07:45 AM   #4
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

Oh Yeah, I forgot......YUM.....Zebra Domes

Old 05-28-2014, 07:49 AM   #5
Oodalally13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi,

Welcome welcome! I'm fairly new too! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I'm hopefully going to start at PTR soon (we are a little over 20 days until our trip).
One little spark, lights up for you.

1st trip: WDW/Universal 2003 offsite
2nd trip: WDW/Universal 2010 offsite
3rd trip: WDW/Universal March 2014 offsite
4th trip: WDW/Universal June 2014 POP
5th trip: Universal December 2014 HRH
Oodalally13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #6
Quasialamodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicaldisney View Post
Why thank you!

I will forever want Bernard and Bianca meet and greets and will always wonder why Jane and Meg weren't good enough to be princesses.

95- All Star Music
99/03- Disneyland
Old 05-28-2014, 10:40 PM   #7
Quasialamodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicaldisney View Post
Oh Yeah, I forgot......YUM.....Zebra Domes
I'm totally not drooling at all. Also, I love your Elsa icon! My DH's bestie bought me a little Olaf that I carry around as a traveling companion.

95- All Star Music
99/03- Disneyland
Old 05-28-2014, 10:43 PM   #8
Quasialamodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oodalally13 View Post
Welcome welcome! I'm fairly new too! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I'm hopefully going to start at PTR soon (we are a little over 20 days until our trip).
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thanks for the congrats. I'm hoping it'll be a fairly easy planning process. At least I don't have to make an ADR that night.

Let me know when you start your PTR. I promised I wouldn't start mine until we had at least half the trip paid off. Just in case last minute adjustments need to be made.

95- All Star Music
99/03- Disneyland
Old 05-28-2014, 10:46 PM   #9
Quasialamodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
Welcome -

DH - Disney Husband - so you were close , DD - Disney Daughter, DW - Disney Wife, DS Disney Son.
DD is also double digit i.e you are now into double digits until your hols :D :D

It is a very friendly crowd on here. Go on introduce yourself in the sections you are looking at. Some very helpful and knowledgeable people on here.
So close, yet so far.

I'm getting up the nerve to start subbing, I feel like I've been reading some of these TRs for so long that I know these people like old friends. I'm excited for what I can finally get my PTR up and running.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

95- All Star Music
99/03- Disneyland
Old 05-29-2014, 10:05 AM   #10
Oodalally13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thanks for the congrats. I'm hoping it'll be a fairly easy planning process. At least I don't have to make an ADR that night.

Let me know when you start your PTR. I promised I wouldn't start mine until we had at least half the trip paid off. Just in case last minute adjustments need to be made.
Got my PTR/TR in one thread and its up now. It seems pretty bland, but once I have more time then it will liven up. Feel free to follow along!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51538956
One little spark, lights up for you.

1st trip: WDW/Universal 2003 offsite
2nd trip: WDW/Universal 2010 offsite
3rd trip: WDW/Universal March 2014 offsite
4th trip: WDW/Universal June 2014 POP
5th trip: Universal December 2014 HRH
Oodalally13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:26 AM   #11
Quasialamodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oodalally13 View Post
Got my PTR/TR in one thread and its up now. It seems pretty bland, but once I have more time then it will liven up. Feel free to follow along!
I just subbed in and those pancakes make me hungry, though I'm pretty sure I could never get mine to look that good.

95- All Star Music
99/03- Disneyland
Old 05-29-2014, 10:53 AM   #12
SparkleMommy
Earning My Ears

Smile

Not to show my Disney ignorance but who are meg and june?

Planning first trip to WDW in June 2015
(I know it'll be crowded and hot but I'm a teacher so no other choice!)

SparkleMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:26 PM   #13
Quasialamodo

Jane, Meg, Kida, and Esmerelda are generally considered to be the four Disney heroines left out of the Princess Pantheon. They are from Tarzan, Hercules, Atlantis, and Hunchback of Notre dame respectively.

I also think Bianca and Perdita should have Princess consideration, but less so.

Knowledge is Power!

95- All Star Music
99/03- Disneyland
Old 05-30-2014, 05:45 PM   #14
dawgfan
from georgia ya'll

I had always understood the D in front of Daughter or Wife or Husband to Darling or Dear. Glad to have you here. Hope the wedding is all that you two are wishing for. I never considered Disney as a honeymoon spot when I got married but now see what a blast it would have been if we had done that.
POFQ July 2004
POFQ July 2007
WL Villas April 2009
POFQ July 2010
WL Villas March 2011
POFQ April 2011
POR June 2011
Off Site-Best Western LBV June 2012
POFQ-June 2013
POFQ- December Christmas trip 2013
ASMu- April 2014
POFQ-May 2014
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:28 AM   #15
dinomama
Earning My Ears

Hi! I'm pretty new too.... well actually I join last year, forgot about it, and rediscovered the boards a few weeks ago! My DH and I went to disney last year on an adults only trip. It was a blast! You and your DH will have so much fun!

Nice to meet you!

BTW.. I totally agree with you about Meg. She was married to a demi god, that should qualify her for princess status right?
dinomama is offline   Reply With Quote