Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2014, 08:55 PM   #16
Fakermage
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooch View Post
DH & I are on the early stages of planning a family trip for next year. DS, DDIL, 3 DGs & us. The oldest (6) has ADHD. He was pretty good on his meds ( don't know what he takes) until a couple weeks ago. And now it doesn't seem to help at all. I know things will get better, worse, better....... Over the next year or so. But I'd love to hear some strategies. I am a compulsive planner and not sure that is good for him. Thoughts?
My wife, my son and I all are ADHD. As you guess this makes for a very confusing trips to disney. The Boy is the only one of us on meds currently although all three of us have been on meds at sometime.

Boy has 30 mg of Adderall. 20/10

Our plan was for Dad and Boy to get up and get moving to the park early. Get the coasters with short lines in the morning and Wife joins us a couple of hours after opening. When the lines started to get longer our fast passes were kicking in so we didn't have to wait for more then 15 minutes for each of the rides.

Lunch was about 11:40 and table service. This gave Boy a rest and a chance to play on our phones while we waited for our food. Afternoon we got our fourth fast pass for around 2pm and went to watch a show and ride something with a short wait. Boy got to read a comic or other book he liked.

then it was back to the hotel for dinner this was our quick service meal. Pool time until 90 minutes before fireworks then bus back to the park for Fireworks and magic hour...

Comic books and reading books are what filled the times we had to spend in line. Short pocket books are the things that save us.

Also avoiding the parks during the crazy afternoons. We love to use the pool and water slide at the hotel as a cool afternoon activity.

We also spent Saturday away from Disney. Thats the day we go to Nasa, or the beach. We do something other then the park that day. It is to packed to get a lot of rides and so we go somewhere else.

Our rule was when wait times got over 30 minutes it was time to head for the pool.

It helped that we had 8 days at the park so we got to go to each one more than once. We also found that Boy's favorite ride was the monorail. Who knew we could of saved so much money by just staying at the hotel and riding the monorail and the boats. (just kidding he says he prefer Mine carts)
Fakermage is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: