DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2014, 08:17 AM   #16
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

When adding on points to get it in the same member # you currently have you have to have same UY and it has to be deeded the same (meaning your names have to be exactly the same, including with middle initials or without...spelled the same and all...and you have to select the same type of deed like joint tenants or whatever the wording was). Most brokers, or the 3 I have worked with, send you a paper to fill out where it asks if you are a current member and asks for your member # and names and UY and how you want the new contract deeded.

On my last resale add on, I accidentally left off our middle initials on that paper but put our member # and all that info. They deeded it without our middle initials and all my other contracts HAD our middle initials. I saw the mistake right away because I was stalking the online SC deed site (was our 3rd HHI contract) to see when we closed. I had to act fast before DVC transferred the contract to us because once that's done there is no going back. DVC was going to issue us a new member # and I had a heck of a time getting them to put it under our current member # and I had to have the deed re-deeded (and had a heck of a time getting that done through the closing company that was not very responsive). So...make sure your names are exactly the same, down to middle initials.

Last edited by lovin'fl; 05-15-2014 at 08:29 AM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 03:04 PM   #17
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
When adding on points to get it in the same member # you currently have you have to have same UY and it has to be deeded the same (meaning your names have to be exactly the same, including with middle initials or without...spelled the same and all...and you have to select the same type of deed like joint tenants or whatever the wording was). Most brokers, or the 3 I have worked with, send you a paper to fill out where it asks if you are a current member and asks for your member # and names and UY and how you want the new contract deeded. On my last resale add on, I accidentally left off our middle initials on that paper but put our member # and all that info. They deeded it without our middle initials and all my other contracts HAD our middle initials. I saw the mistake right away because I was stalking the online SC deed site (was our 3rd HHI contract) to see when we closed. I had to act fast before DVC transferred the contract to us because once that's done there is no going back. DVC was going to issue us a new member # and I had a heck of a time getting them to put it under our current member # and I had to have the deed re-deeded (and had a heck of a time getting that done through the closing company that was not very responsive). So...make sure your names are exactly the same, down to middle initials.
All names and order are the exact same.... I double and triple checked! ;-)

I'm not sure what this means ""..and you have to select the same type of deed like joint tenants or whatever the wording was).""

Both contracts state "wife and husband" tenants
So I'm thinking it's the same kind ???

This is more nerve wracking than ROFR.. It's was VERY VERY important to yes to have the same UY, and have them all under one member number.

Thanks for the help everyone

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2014, 03:45 PM   #18
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
Now I'm a little worried.. We bought a resale.. ( Waiting for the recorded deed to go through ) it's the same UY has our current ones. We filled out the paper asking for our member number and contract numbers of our current DVC contracts. But no one told me to have a note added saying my resale points were add-on.. I called 1st American today to see if I could have a note added, before they send the new recorded deed to Disney.. She said she would send Disney a note.. But couldn't tell me if that would insure I DONT get a new member number. Should I be worried???? It really important to us to have all the points under one member number.
As long at the title company have give Disney your member number you will be fine.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:12 PM   #19
boogabuzz
DIS Veteran

Update: I called Member Admin who transferred me to one of the other member services. They told me our contract was going to be added to our current member number and that they manually add the points. She said they would show up either yesterday or today. I checked early yesterday afternoon and there they were!!! The process seemed slow, but I have to say, Disney moved pretty quick. We waited almost 2 weeks for seller to get closing docs back. Once the title company got the docs to Disney, our points were loaded into our account within a week! Yay, Let the vacation planning begin!
boogabuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:38 AM   #20
Millionaire2K
Mouseketeer

What about this scenario

Original Deed made out to Tom Morrow.

Tom gets a member card for Tom Morrow.

Then Tom contacts Disney and has his name updated to Thomas Morrow.

3 days later Disney FedEx him his new member card with Thomas Morrow.

And the DVC website says Thomas Morrow as purchaser and name of record.

SOOOOOoooo.

What name should Thomas A.k.a Tom put down when adding on via resale?

Tom because the original deed is most likely still listed as Tom?

Or

Thomas because Disney see's his as Thomas?

Go....
Millionaire2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:43 AM   #21
Msmithmd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millionaire2K View Post
What about this scenario Original Deed made out to Tom Morrow. Tom gets a member card for Tom Morrow. Then Tom contacts Disney and has his name updated to Thomas Morrow. 3 days later Disney FedEx him his new member card with Thomas Morrow. And the DVC website says Thomas Morrow as purchaser and name of record. SOOOOOoooo. What name should Thomas A.k.a Tom put down when adding on via resale? Tom because the original deed is most likely still listed as Tom? Or Thomas because Disney see's his as Thomas? Go....
Whatever name is on your deed for the original contract is the name (and contract number) you report for any add-on, to merge into same membership. You receive a copy of the deed when you've closed. Mine is in my lockbox; assume yours is also. Just match the legal document.
Msmithmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:57 AM   #22
Millionaire2K
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmithmd View Post
Whatever name is on your deed for the original contract is the name (and contract number) you report for any add-on, to merge into same membership. You receive a copy of the deed when you've closed. Mine is in my lockbox; assume yours is also. Just match the legal document.
The Deed would be "Tom Morrow" But Disney has the Principal Contact and purchaser as "Thomas"

Just concerned over Disney getting this type of scenario correct.

Last edited by Millionaire2K; 05-16-2014 at 01:12 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:07 AM   #23
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millionaire2K View Post
The Deed would be "Tom Morrow" But Disney has the Principal Contact and purchaser as "Thomas"

Just concerned over Disney getting this type of scenario correct.
It would be the name on the deed...which you can look up online if you don't have quick access to the original mailed to you. But I would also call member admin around the time the new deed closes to make sure they know. Also, you can pay like $10 to have current deed re-deeded to Thomas Morrow. I am surprised DVC didn't suggest that as they told us to re-deed to add our middle initials so everything matches in case we want to re-sell so there is no dispute.
Old 05-16-2014, 04:43 PM   #24
Lorilais_mommie

Now I'm officially freakin out!!!!

The deed has fully been recorded (check via comptroller website)
Points have not been added to my account yet..

Please tell me it takes Disney some time to get points posted???

Old 05-16-2014, 04:45 PM   #25
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now I'm officially freakin out!!!!

The deed has fully been recorded (check via comptroller website)
Points have not been added to my account yet..

Please tell me it takes Disney some time to get points posted???
I think you'll be okay...can take 7-10 days to load (from closing date).
Old 05-16-2014, 04:49 PM   #26
alice99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogabuzz View Post
Update: I called Member Admin who transferred me to one of the other member services. They told me our contract was going to be added to our current member number and that they manually add the points. She said they would show up either yesterday or today. I checked early yesterday afternoon and there they were!!! The process seemed slow, but I have to say, Disney moved pretty quick. We waited almost 2 weeks for seller to get closing docs back. Once the title company got the docs to Disney, our points were loaded into our account within a week! Yay, Let the vacation planning begin!
Excellent, Congratulations!

I have 2 separate memberships because I have 2 different use years. I don't find that it's an inconvenience.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
alice99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:18 PM   #27
Lorilais_mommie

Quote:
I think you'll be okay...can take 7-10 days to load (from closing date).
I don't think there is anymore I can do..
Same UY
Names are the exact same and in the same order..
I filled out the paper work for ROFR.. That had us list our current contract and member number.. (this wasn't in closing docs) should it have been?
A few days ago I called 1st American, she said she emailed Disney..

I just want everything to go smoothly.. This resale process is exhausting!
having to dot every I, cross every T.. Jump through Disney hoops..

Trying to keep my mind on the goal, but it's hard..

Old 05-16-2014, 07:19 PM   #28
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think there is anymore I can do..
Same UY
Names are the exact same and in the same order..
I filled out the paper work for ROFR.. That had us list our current contract and member number.. (this wasn't in closing docs) should it have been?
A few days ago I called 1st American, she said she emailed Disney..

I just want everything to go smoothly.. This resale process is exhausting!
having to dot every I, cross every T.. Jump through Disney hoops..

Trying to keep my mind on the goal, but it's hard..
I know. I freaked with my last resale add on when I saw our middle initials left off the deed. Since then, my last 2 add ons were via direct...much less stress...LOL. You should see your new contract pop up in a week or so and then, about a day later, the points will load into the new contract. Then you can use them .
Old 05-18-2014, 12:30 PM   #29
Lorilais_mommie

Quote:
I know. I freaked with my last resale add on when I saw our middle initials left off the deed. Since then, my last 2 add ons were via direct...much less stress...LOL. You should see your new contract pop up in a week or so and then, about a day later, the points will load into the new contract. Then you can use them .
Points posted today! Thank god!
I was sooo stressed over it.. Thank you to everyone here for the advice

Old 06-08-2014, 05:22 AM   #30
Millionaire2K
Mouseketeer

Ok so after my title company and I talked with Disney, we found out that my original title is still "Tom" and my DVC membership is under "Thomas". Disney then told the title company the new deed should be:

"Tom Morrow A/K/A Thomas Morrow"

This is how the title company deeded my new deed. They also provided Disney with my current member number.

I hope this all works out.

Also as a side note: I plan to pay the deed name change fees on BOTH these contracts after this is all done. I just wish I knew the name was not updated 3 years ago when I asked to change the name.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: