DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2014, 08:35 PM   #1
boogabuzz
DIS Veteran

Question about adding a resale to a membership....

We have a contract we bought direct from Disney for AKV. We just closed on a resale contract at SSR same UY as our AKV contract. The closing company submitted the paperwork to Disney last week. Right now we are in the waiting process for the membership number ect...

Will the SSR contract get added to our existing membership number since they have the same UY? I'm hoping this is the case. Is there something I should/could do so that they leave it all in one membership number?
boogabuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:54 PM   #2
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogabuzz View Post
We have a contract we bought direct from Disney for AKV. We just closed on a resale contract at SSR same UY as our AKV contract. The closing company submitted the paperwork to Disney last week. Right now we are in the waiting process for the membership number ect...

Will the SSR contract get added to our existing membership number since they have the same UY? I'm hoping this is the case. Is there something I should/could do so that they leave it all in one membership number?
You should make certain that the resale is titled exactly the same as your direct purchase and that the closing company is aware that you are already a member with the same Use Year. You could even call Member Accounting to let them know the situation and to increase the likelyhood that both will be under the same membership - since DVC is not likely to change it after-the-fact. They will usually catch this when registering the account, but the more notations involved, the more likely it is to happen.

Congrats ... and good luck!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2014, 08:59 PM   #3
boogabuzz
DIS Veteran

Thank you!! I will call member accounting first thing tomorrow. I know I told the salesman that we were members but I don't know if that message was turned over to the closing company or not. I never really spoke to them.

Thanks again!!
Old 05-13-2014, 09:43 PM   #4
DizBub
Totally Addicted

Congratulations on your resale contract!

When we bought our resale we made sure it had the same UY and titled it exactly the same way as our other contracts. It was put into the system seamlessly under the same member #. No problem.
DizBub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:34 AM   #5
TXbassmaster
Earning My Ears

so what is the advantage of keeping it under the same member number?
TXbassmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:37 AM   #6
ali in wonderland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogabuzz View Post
We have a contract we bought direct from Disney for AKV. We just closed on a resale contract at SSR same UY as our AKV contract. The closing company submitted the paperwork to Disney last week. Right now we are in the waiting process for the membership number ect... Will the SSR contract get added to our existing membership number since they have the same UY? I'm hoping this is the case. Is there something I should/could do so that they leave it all in one membership number?
Ours was just added to our member number with out me doing anything. I honestly didn't even think of it. Our resale was do e through the timeshare store, and they seemed pretty well versed in how things flowed with DVC resale.
Congrats on your addition.
ali in wonderland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:46 AM   #7
AppleDisneyDad
Quietly Lurking

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXbassmaster View Post
In my opinion, seeing all your points at the same time & being able to combine points from both contracts at 7 mo. (Assuming a common UY.)
Old 05-14-2014, 07:21 AM   #8
boogabuzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No real advantage other than it will definitely make things a whole lot easier. One online account to manage. All points in one spot, being able to combine points for a reservation made 7mos prior rather than having to transfer points from one account to the other.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #9
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If Member Admin sets it up under the same member number, the new contract will be an "add on" to the existing contract. This allows the member to pool the points when making a reservation at the 11-month window for contracts at the same resort or at the 7-month window for contracts at different resorts. When making a reservation online or over the phone, the member can pull points from either/both contracts subject to the booking windows for those points.

If the new contract is not set up as an add-on but rather as a new master contract with a new member number and contract number, the owner ends up with two completely separate memberships. If he/she wanted to use points from both contracts to make one reservation, points would have to be transferred from one contract to the other, requiring a phone call to Member Services. If the transferred points are not the same UY and same resort, the member will not be able to see those transferred points in his/her account so they will have to call MS (rather than book online) to make any reservations with them. And there are restrictions on point transfers, for example you cannot transfer banked or borrowed points and we are allowed only one transfer into or out of our accounts per UY though some have said that MS may not always enforce the "one transfer" rule for transfers between one owner's separate memberships.

Another option with separate memberships is to book the stay as two separate reservations (booking a subset of the stay with each contract) and then call MS to link the two reservations together so that the room assigner puts them in the same room for both parts of their stay.

Last edited by LisaS; 05-14-2014 at 11:12 AM.
LisaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:36 PM   #10
Krisbee
Earning My Ears

OP said different home resorts. I thought they had to be the same resort and UY to be the same membership number.
Krisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:40 PM   #11
supersnoop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisbee View Post
OP said different home resorts. I thought they had to be the same resort and UY to be the same membership number.
No, just same UY and deeded the same.
supersnoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:04 PM   #12
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
If Member Admin sets it up under the same member number, the new contract will be an "add on" to the existing contract. This allows the member to pool the points when making a reservation at the 11-month window for contracts at the same resort or at the 7-month window for contracts at different resorts. When making a reservation online or over the phone, the member can pull points from either/both contracts subject to the booking windows for those points. If the new contract is not set up as an add-on but rather as a new master contract with a new member number and contract number, the owner ends up with two completely separate memberships. If he/she wanted to use points from both contracts to make one reservation, points would have to be transferred from one contract to the other, requiring a phone call to Member Services. If the transferred points are not the same UY and same resort, the member will not be able to see those transferred points in his/her account so they will have to call MS (rather than book online) to make any reservations with them. And there are restrictions on point transfers, for example you cannot transfer banked or borrowed points and we are allowed only one transfer into or out of our accounts per UY though some have said that MS may not always enforce the "one transfer" rule for transfers between one owner's separate memberships. Another option with separate memberships is to book the stay as two separate reservations (booking a subset of the stay with each contract) and then call MS to link the two reservations together so that the room assigner puts them in the same room for both parts of their stay.
Now I'm a little worried..
We bought a resale.. ( Waiting for the recorded deed to go through ) it's the same UY has our current ones.

We filled out the paper asking for our member number and contract numbers of our current DVC contracts.
But no one told me to have a note added saying my resale points were add-on..

I called 1st American today to see if I could have a note added, before they send the new recorded deed to Disney..
She said she would send Disney a note.. But couldn't tell me if that would insure I DONT get a new member number.

Should I be worried???? It really important to us to have all the points under one member number.

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #13
supersnoop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
Should I be worried????
No. Disney should recognize that you're already a member, but the title company should have provided you're member number to ensure they do. I've never heard Disney use the term add-on before.
supersnoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:54 PM   #14
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
We filled out the paper asking for our member number and contract numbers of our current DVC contracts. But no one told me to have a note added saying my resale points were add-on..
Provided the new contract is titled exactly the same as your existing contracts and the title company passes along your membership information you should be all set.

Quote:
I called 1st American today to see if I could have a note added, before they send the new recorded deed to Disney..
She said she would send Disney a note.. But couldn't tell me if that would insure I DONT get a new member number.
I can remember only two cases reported here where Member Admin somehow missed the owner's membership information when setting up a new resale contract so while it has happened, it's very rare.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:40 AM   #15
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
Provided the new contract is titled exactly the same as your existing contracts and the title company passes along your membership information you should be all set. I can remember only two cases reported here where Member Admin somehow missed the owner's membership information when setting up a new resale contract so while it has happened, it's very rare.
Thanks... Name are the exact same and in the same order. I'll try not to worry so much..

I just want this resale game over and done with!
Altho we have had a relatively easy processes compared to others.
(ROFR came in early, Didn't wait on sellers, contracts came back quickly, closing docs came and sent quickly.)

Disney makes resale almost unbearable! And altho I know it's their job, it still seems like a A LOT of red tape for no reason..

However in a few months I'll feel so happy when I'm sitting in AKL knowing I paid 1/2 what others have..

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: