DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2014, 07:04 AM   #1
bmcd1998
Always Planning Our Next Trip

BWV vs. BCV

Hey all,

We have a small contract in ROFR at BLT. Assuming this style of vacationing fits our needs, I am already planning to add.

I have been trolling BCV and BWV listings and I have a question. Looks like both properties "end" the same year, and obviously the properties are in the same area of WDW. So my question is this....why are BCV points more expensive?

Is it nicer?
Is it quieter? (is BWV loud?)
Room sizes look similar by sq ft....it there something I can't tell by that?
Are the amenities better at BCV?
Is BCV better maintained?

Anything you can add to my understanding will be much appreciated. We would like to own at one of these two so we can do Food and Wine.

Thanks for your help.

"We're Not Worthy!"
I feel that way every time my family and I check in!
bmcd1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:08 AM   #2
JPDtheJD
Earning My Ears

Stormalong Bay at Beach Club

JPDtheJD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2014, 08:11 AM   #3
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcd1998 View Post
Hey all,

We have a small contract in ROFR at BLT. Assuming this style of vacationing fits our needs, I am already planning to add.

I have been trolling BCV and BWV listings and I have a question. Looks like both properties "end" the same year, and obviously the properties are in the same area of WDW. So my question is this....why are BCV points more expensive?

Is it nicer?
Is it quieter? (is BWV loud?)
Room sizes look similar by sq ft....it there something I can't tell by that?
Are the amenities better at BCV?
Is BCV better maintained?

Anything you can add to my understanding will be much appreciated. We would like to own at one of these two so we can do Food and Wine.

Thanks for your help.
That's a good question and one I've never been able to answer well to my own satisfaction. The obvious things are personal preference, SAB & size on the BCV side. There are a few minor differences in decor, room layout and unit types (dedicated 2 BR at BCV). OF course BWV has the standard view option and BW views. BCV closer to EPCOT, BWV to DHS. My personal feeling is the full price difference is as much hype as reality and the price difference will not last long term to the degree it has been. IMO that makes BWV a much better value currently than BCV.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:23 AM   #4
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

I also think it comes down to personal preference & the fact that BCV is smaller than BWV (in terms of the number of villas), so there are fewer that make it to the resale market.

BCV is closer to EPCOT and has the popular Storm-Along-Bay pool complex. BCV has better (closer) access to parking.

BWV has Grand Villas and the less expensive standard view. It has the Boardwalk view booking category for great views. It is within walking distance of both EPCOT and DHS.

Other than that, the advantages and disadvantages are pretty much the same between the two.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:29 AM   #5
TeresaNJ

Knows the tricks to get the Tag Fairies' attention! Likes all pretty colors Gets teary when she hears Garth sing "The Dance"

I like the fact that the quiet pool & hot tub are basically right outside the door at BCV, whereas at BWV you may have to hike a mile! I don't care for the theming at BWV, but love the beachy feel at the BCV. I like that the BCV has a more intimate feel. I like that at the BCV you don't have the masses walking by you (on the boardwalk, if you have a boardwalk view) when sitting out on the patio or balcony reading. I don't like that the BWV doesn't have a quick dining area like the Beach Club does. I really don't like the clown pool at BWV. While most people love Stormalong Bay, I prefer to hang out at the quiet pool. I get enough of crowds at the parks, lol!

It's all a matter of personal preference!
TeresaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:53 AM   #6
crisi
DIS Veteran

We own at BWV. We stayed at BCV once - I really didn't like having to walk through the hotel lobby in my swimsuit and coverup to get to the pool. Halls are one thing - parading past a lobby full of people felt really awkward. Our room location at BCV wasn't great - although it was one a lot of people really like. All in all, we'll stick to BWV over BCV ourselves - but it is a matter of preference.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:58 AM   #7
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

We love both resorts due to location (being able to walk to Epcot and walk/boat to HS). But BCV is our fave due to a couple reasons:
1- it's a tad closer to Epcot
2- it's smaller and doesn't have the long endless hallways BWV has
3- SAB is really nice
4- was quieter and less busy

BUT...we added on at BWV so that we can book standard view rooms to save on points. Should note that annual dues at BWV is a tad higher...but for our 80 points it wasn't that much of a difference ($17).
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:42 AM   #8
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
2- it's smaller and doesn't have the long endless hallways BWV has
Our room seemed much farther at BCV from the lobby/pool and path to Epcot than any room we've had at BWV. BWV hallways are long - but the DVC resort is integrated into BWI - its all one building. For BCV, we had to go out the back door, through a garden, then through the building to get to our rooms - I don't think the total distance was any less - although definitely less of it in hallways. That did make BCV seem quieter - but our room overlooked the road - so once we were in our room with the buses going by it seemed as busy as any third floor BWV room.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #9
drusba

DIS Veteran

A significant difference that has long affected resale prices between BWV and BCV is that those who purchased BWV new paid $62 to $67 per point (with most at $65 or less) while at BCV it was from $75 to $84 (with most at $80 or more) thus allowing BWV owners to recover original costs at a lower resale price. Also, BCV, as a smaller resort, has usually had fewer resales at any given time than BWV and thus supply is less.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:04 AM   #10
bmcd1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPDtheJD View Post
Stormalong Bay at Beach Club
But as a DVC owner, couldn't those staying at BWV got to SAB?

"We're Not Worthy!"
Old 08-09-2014, 10:06 AM   #11
bmcd1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusba View Post
A significant difference that has long affected resale prices between BWV and BCV is that those who purchased BWV new paid $62 to $67 per point (with most at $65 or less) while at BCV it was from $75 to $84 (with most at $80 or more) thus allowing BWV owners to recover original costs at a lower resale price. Also, BCV, as a smaller resort, has usually had fewer resales at any given time than BWV and thus supply is less.
OK...well that makes a lot of sense. Do you know why the points were more at BCV than BWV? Did Disney have trouble selling BWV?

"We're Not Worthy!"
Old 08-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #12
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisi View Post
Our room seemed much farther at BCV from the lobby/pool and path to Epcot than any room we've had at BWV. BWV hallways are long - but the DVC resort is integrated into BWI - its all one building. For BCV, we had to go out the back door, through a garden, then through the building to get to our rooms - I don't think the total distance was any less - although definitely less of it in hallways. That did make BCV seem quieter - but our room overlooked the road - so once we were in our room with the buses going by it seemed as busy as any third floor BWV room.
While overall the hallways are longer at BWV, given the access from the other end when you are in that situation I feel functionally they aren't any longer. Say you want to go to DHS, you're closer at BWV and closer still if at the end of a long hallway. Plus there are ways to get out of many of those long hallways much easier than going back to the lobby.

Quote:
NO pool hoping to SAB.

Quote:
OK...well that makes a lot of sense. Do you know why the points were more at BCV than BWV? Did Disney have trouble selling BWV?
No, there was a significant difference in when they two were built and sold.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:13 AM   #13
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
NO. SAB is expressly excluded from the pool-hopping perk. If you want to swim at SAB, you must be staying at the BCV, BC or YC. The pool complex is fenced and all enering must have a wristband to enter. They check.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #14
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place

Other minor items are BCV has dedicated 2br some of which have 2 beds rather than a bed and a sleep sofa.

None of it justifies the $ difference to me
Old 08-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #15
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

We bought for SAB...and a few years back BWV and BCV were almost the same price... We loved, loved loved the dedicated 2 bedroom with two beds.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: