DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2014, 01:11 PM   #1
Pumbas
Mouseketeer

The Timeshare Store timeline

Offer made & accepted: 2/16
Disney notified, ROFR process begins: 2/23
Passed ROFR: 3/18
Closing docs: 4/10
Closed: 4/22
Orange County Comptroller recorded: 4/23
Membership # from Disney: pending, maybe 14-28 days.
Pumbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:17 PM   #2
graychef
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbas View Post
Offer made & accepted: 2/16
Disney notified, ROFR process begins: 2/23
Passed ROFR: 3/18
Closing docs: 4/10
Closed: 4/22
Orange County Comptroller recorded: 4/23
Membership # from Disney: pending, maybe 14-28 days.

I'm on a very similar timeline as you (beginning at ROFR) and I went with Resales DVC (Garden Views Realty).
graychef is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2014, 04:31 PM   #3
Pumbas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by graychef View Post
I'm on a very similar timeline as you (beginning at ROFR) and I went with Resales DVC (Garden Views Realty).
Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:20 PM   #4
MouseyMin
DIS Veteran

Me three. I believe we were all in the same ROFR group on 3/18. I closed the week before you though - on 4/15. I don't have my member number yet either.
MouseyMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:25 AM   #5
Helenr
Earning My Ears

I called up yesterday. They were dealing with the contracts that closed 4/11.

Hope this helps you
Helenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:17 AM   #6
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

As comparison for us through Timeshare store
Offer made & accepted: 3/7
Disney notified, ROFR process begins: 3/11 (4 days)
Passed ROFR: 4/9 (29 days)
Closing docs: 4/25 (16 days)
Closed: 5/2 ?? (This is when its scheduled)
Orange County Comptroller recorded: ??
Membership # from Disney: ??.

Looks like ours went slightly shorter so far, as we started about 3 weeks behind you, and are currently 2 weeks behind you, mostly looks like we got our closing docs a litter faster. I am hopeful everything will be in place by the end of May.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:25 PM   #7
Pumbas
Mouseketeer

I hope everyone receives their member # soon. I also hope that these threads help set a realistic expectation on resale timelines & with consideration of which broker to purchase from. When making this purchase, I knew it would take longer than purchasing direct, but never thought it would truly take 3 months, now I am hoping that it does not go to 4 months.

In the long run, I will be happy knowing I saved a lot of money on this purchase. Another thought to consider, is the wait list to buy a DVC direct. An older resort could take longer than a resale purchase, if your desired resort is on the wait list.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:40 PM   #8
supersnoop
DIS Veteran

I think the title company matters more than the broker. I mean, all the broker does is draw up the initial contract and submit to Disney for ROFR. The estoppel goes to the title company who draw up the deed, collects the money, and closes. The only real difference between companies is if they take a long time to draw up the deed. Personally, I think it too my title company 4 days to send out the final paperwork, while others who received the estoppel the same day got their contracts later that day.

The seller also has the opportunity to delay things by taking a whole to get their paperwork signed, notarized, and mailed in. The buying can be slow mailing in the money. But the broker? I don't see how they can make any difference in the timeline.
supersnoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #9
han22735
Earning My Ears

I spoke to TSS today regarding my right of first refusal.. today is day 28 for me and they said they only get answers from Disney on Mondays and Tuesdays that would place me at day 34 and 35 for the beginning of next week is there a chance that I could hear during the rest of this week?
Thanks
han22735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:08 PM   #10
graychef
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by han22735 View Post
I spoke to TSS today regarding my right of first refusal.. today is day 28 for me and they said they only get answers from Disney on Mondays and Tuesdays that would place me at day 34 and 35 for the beginning of next week is there a chance that I could hear during the rest of this week?
Thanks
I've seen end-of-the-week notices of ROFR in the main thread dedicated to ROFR prices as recently as last week.
graychef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:48 PM   #11
Pumbas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersnoop View Post
I think the title company matters more than the broker. I mean, all the broker does is draw up the initial contract and submit to Disney for ROFR. The estoppel goes to the title company who draw up the deed, collects the money, and closes. The only real difference between companies is if they take a long time to draw up the deed. Personally, I think it too my title company 4 days to send out the final paperwork, while others who received the estoppel the same day got their contracts later that day. The seller also has the opportunity to delay things by taking a whole to get their paperwork signed, notarized, and mailed in. The buying can be slow mailing in the money. But the broker? I don't see how they can make any difference in the timeline.
I agree however we were not given the choice on title companies. TSS picked my title company for us. I do think that the title company that TSS uses may not be able to support the volume. My experience was similar to yours, in that it took a few days to receive closing docs from when Disney sent them. According to the Fidelity timeline posts, their buyers received closing docs on the same day Disney sent them.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:00 PM   #12
Pumbas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersnoop View Post
I think the title company matters more than the broker. I mean, all the broker does is draw up the initial contract and submit to Disney for ROFR. The estoppel goes to the title company who draw up the deed, collects the money, and closes. The only real difference between companies is if they take a long time to draw up the deed. Personally, I think it too my title company 4 days to send out the final paperwork, while others who received the estoppel the same day got their contracts later that day. The seller also has the opportunity to delay things by taking a whole to get their paperwork signed, notarized, and mailed in. The buying can be slow mailing in the money. But the broker? I don't see how they can make any difference in the timeline.
I agree but the TSS did not give us the choice in title companies. I can't help but to think if the title company that TSS uses can't support the volume. Then when it came time for the seller to return their docs & a week later no return, I got different responses from title company & realtor.. I think it's too easy for the title company to place blame for the delays on Disney or the seller. After all we really are at their mercy.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:15 PM   #13
maggiegirl
Mouseketeer

Our Timeline with TTS

maggiegirl---$72-$12960-AKV-Oct-180-19/'12-177/'13-180/'14- sent 03/01 passed 03/26

Closing Docs Received Friday April 11th
Received notification of closing - deed recorded in the OCC - April 29th

Now TTS it can be 14 to 28 days for DVC to have us in their system! Almost there
maggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:57 PM   #14
ILDisneyfan
Earning My Ears

Here is my timeline:

Offer made, countered & accepted: 2/12
Disney notified, ROFR process begins: 2/18
Passed ROFR: 3/11
Closing docs: 4/02
Closed: 4/14
Orange County Comptroller recorded: 4/15
Membership # from Disney: Called starting 4/28, was able to get it on 4/30