DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 10:01 AM   #1
bdrobet
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 52

Add On Contract to VGC

Is it still possible to buy smaller add on contracts through Disney for VGC? I am very new to this and appreciate the assistance.

Brian
bdrobet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:07 AM   #2
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR
 
tjkraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,163

There are literally hundreds of names on a waiting list for Grand Californian points. I've heard of people waiting a year or more for the points to come available.

Once a resort is "sold out", the only way for Disney to acquire more points is through foreclosures or exercising its Right of First Refusal on resale transactions.

DVC will eventually build another resort at Disneyland but right now they are focused on selling as many Aulani (Hawaii) points as possible to west coast residents.
__________________
-- Tim

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-18-2014, 12:03 PM   #3
bdrobet
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 52

Thanks for the info.
bdrobet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 11:07 PM   #4
Breyean
DVC Since '93
 
Breyean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 983

About a month ago I called my guide about a small add on at VCG (we own a bunch of points there already, a combination of direct an resale).

He looked at the wait list for my UY and there were people waiting for over 1000 points! Two were each looking for over 400 with a notation saying they would take any smaller sized contracts when they got to the top of the list. As my guide said, I was in for a very long wait.

In the end, he didn't even put me on the list, sating I'd have a better chance getting points resale faster than through him.
__________________
-------
Brian
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:17 AM   #5
bethy
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Walt's Park
Posts: 1,442

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post
About a month ago I called my guide about a small add on at VCG (we own a bunch of points there already, a combination of direct an resale).

He looked at the wait list for my UY and there were people waiting for over 1000 points! Two were each looking for over 400 with a notation saying they would take any smaller sized contracts when they got to the top of the list. As my guide said, I was in for a very long wait.

In the end, he didn't even put me on the list, sating I'd have a better chance getting points resale faster than through him.
Do you mind sharing which UY that was for? We are on the waitlist and aren't in any particular hurry - 40-something years is a long time after all! And we have enough VGC point to make do with smaller rooms.

BUT I am considering changing my request to include any UY as I've been doing this long enough I think I could manage it if I had to.
__________________
bethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:27 AM   #6
Breyean
DVC Since '93
 
Breyean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Scottsdale AZ
Posts: 983

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethy View Post
Do you mind sharing which UY that was for? We are on the waitlist and aren't in any particular hurry - 40-something years is a long time after all! And we have enough VGC point to make do with smaller rooms.

BUT I am considering changing my request to include any UY as I've been doing this long enough I think I could manage it if I had to.
Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

It's June.

Another thing he said, which may or may not be accurate or even important, was the price now would only be held for me once on the wait list, for 6 months.
__________________
-------
Brian
Breyean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:29 AM   #7
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR
 
tjkraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post
Another thing he said, which may or may not be accurate or even important, was the price now would only be held for me once on the wait list, for 6 months.
That is accurate. Policy changed about a year ago.
__________________
-- Tim

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:26 PM   #8
SuzanneSLO
DIS Veteran
 
SuzanneSLO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA, USA
Posts: 3,183

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
That is accurate. Policy changed about a year ago.
Although I had heard that as well, I went on the WL in March 2013 prior to the price increase. My WL came through in February 2014 and the points were still at the old price. This was for August UY. -- Suzanne
SuzanneSLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:34 PM   #9
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR
 
tjkraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 13,163

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneSLO View Post
Although I had heard that as well, I went on the WL in March 2013 prior to the price increase. My WL came through in February 2014 and the points were still at the old price. This was for August UY. -- Suzanne
Thanks. I checked my notes and March '13 was when the policy changed. Perhaps you got on the list before the formal policy changed, so they grandfathered your pricing indefinitely.

Or it could have just been a clerical error with your add-on.

Either way, it's probably an "expect the worst" situation. DVC has been telling members about the 6-month add-on wait list cap for over a year now. It isn't just sales rhetoric.
__________________
-- Tim

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:59 PM   #10
jkkldisney
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 55

I went on the waitlist in March 2013 for 100 pts for the Sept use year. I went on right before the last price increase. The waitlist finally came through about a month ago, nearly a year after getting on the waitlist. They honored the price before the increase. I wasn't sure they would as I had heard the 6 month limit of holding the price.
__________________



ME DH DD (14)DD (10)
jkkldisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.