DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
princesspiglet
DIS Veteran

For those who have sold, how long did it take?

So if you have sold your DVC recently, how long did it take you to get an offer? We recently put up our contract and am trying to see what the general timeline is on selling. We are going to leave it out there as long as it takes, but the sooner it sells the better!
princesspiglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:52 AM   #2
DisKneeDad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspiglet View Post
So if you have sold your DVC recently, how long did it take you to get an offer? We recently put up our contract and am trying to see what the general timeline is on selling. We are going to leave it out there as long as it takes, but the sooner it sells the better!
Strongly depends on your price. Price it right and it will be gone in a day. Price it too high and it will never sell.
DisKneeDad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2014, 09:58 AM   #3
princesspiglet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisKneeDad View Post
Strongly depends on your price. Price it right and it will be gone in a day. Price it too high and it will never sell.
Well we think it is priced right, based on what the rep at the Timeshare Store told us. BLT, 200 points at $95 per point. It's only been out there for about 8 days.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:04 AM   #4
DisKneeDad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Well we think it is priced right, based on what the rep at the Timeshare Store told us. BLT, 200 points at $95 per point. It's only been out there for about 8 days.
Is it stripped? Those a usually a little bit harder sell. But even if it is, your price sounds about right. Price it at 90 and it will be gone in a day.
DisKneeDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:14 AM   #5
princesspiglet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisKneeDad View Post
Is it stripped? Those a usually a little bit harder sell. But even if it is, your price sounds about right. Price it at 90 and it will be gone in a day.
What exactly does "stripped" mean? We have used all the points for 2014 and the buyer will get 200 points in April 2015.

We are thinking about lowering the price as we need it gone asap!
Old 04-09-2014, 10:30 AM   #6
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

That's a stripped contract

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:24 PM   #7
boogabuzz
DIS Veteran

We are buying resale. We wouldn't even look at a contract that wouldn't give us points for another year. In fact, the contracts that were most desirable for us are the ones with banked points from the previous year along with full points for current year.
boogabuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:47 PM   #8
crazybones27
DVC Member

We listed our AKV contract a couple of weeks ago. We are in the mid range of pricing I'd say. While our contract is not stripped we have used some of our 2014 points. The buyer will receive more then half of the normal point allotment though. I honestly didn't expect our contract to sell that quickly given the number of AKV contracts that are out there right now priced around mine. Some of them listed after mine with the same amount of points sold within a few days because they had banked points. I wasn't surprised since theirs was definitely more desirable then mine. I knew we were going to have to sell ours this year so I made sure to leave as many points in our 2014 use year as I could after I realized we would need to list them. Unfortunately I believe stripped contracts have a tendency to take a little longer to sell unless they are priced a lot lower. Good luck on your sale .
crazybones27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #9
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What exactly does "stripped" mean? We have used all the points for 2014 and the buyer will get 200 points in April 2015.

We are thinking about lowering the price as we need it gone asap!
I have a question and fully understand if you do not want to answer, did you use all the points for 2014? Or did you or TSS rent them at TSS advice?

And BTW, yes your contract is stripped, IE: no current points.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:36 PM   #10
summabreeze85
Earning My Ears

I got an offer on one of my OKW contracts through the TS within 3 weeks and the other one I didn't get an offer after 5 weeks I removed the listing. I agree with what others said...if you price it at $90 it should move quickly. The problem with dropping the price though is then people will think they will be able to get it for $85
summabreeze85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:14 PM   #11
princesspiglet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmer55 View Post
I have a question and fully understand if you do not want to answer, did you use all the points for 2014? Or did you or TSS rent them at TSS advice?

And BTW, yes your contract is stripped, IE: no current points.

Yes, we did use all of our points for 2014- or I should say, we are using. We have a room booked for this June. I was thinking about cancelling it, but I promised DD we would stay one more time at BLT before selling it, so I can't cancel.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #12
schrammalot
Mouseketeer

The one we bought was on the market for a whole whopping hour before we scooped it up. Perfect price.

schrammalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:12 PM   #13
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

I sold pretty recently - a stripped contract - and it was maybe a few months total, from listing to the day I had my check. Would've been quicker but for some weather- and holiday-related mail delays and some confusion about existing reservations I had booked.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:14 AM   #14
sndral
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, we did use all of our points for 2014- or I should say, we are using. We have a room booked for this June. I was thinking about cancelling it, but I promised DD we would stay one more time at BLT before selling it, so I can't cancel.
So it's stripped and can't close before June - that was a double not interested when I was looking. At least the 2015 points are there. Your pool of buyers are limited to those wanting a larger contract with an April use year who don't need points for a year (or are ok w/ borrowing 2015 points and starting out in the hole.) I'll be interested in seeing how long it takes, as I expect there are those ok w/ stripped contracts and BLT seems a popular choice.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:21 PM   #15
islandtimect
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
So it's stripped and can't close before June - that was a double not interested when I was looking. At least the 2015 points are there. Your pool of buyers are limited to those wanting a larger contract with an April use year who don't need points for a year (or are ok w/ borrowing 2015 points and starting out in the hole.) I'll be interested in seeing how long it takes, as I expect there are those ok w/ stripped contracts and BLT seems a popular choice.
Curios, is there an issue with April use yr?
islandtimect is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: