Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2014, 06:15 PM   #61
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to reading more of your trip report! I remember your posts from the planning stages.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #62
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas View Post
Looking forward to reading more of your trip report! I remember your posts from the planning stages.

Awesome and thanks for joining MissDaisy.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #63
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

YAY!!! You are on board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cute selfies and I am loving the 15 minute boarding, wow!

I don't think it's lame at all that you didn't want to go to the party, thank goodness for rain!!!!!!!!!!!! I always seem to be exhausted going into most trips. It's almost a rule. A BAD one. LOL!

I too see 2 gorgeous supermodels.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #64
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
YAY!!! You are on board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cute selfies and I am loving the 15 minute boarding, wow! I don't think it's lame at all that you didn't want to go to the party, thank goodness for rain!!!!!!!!!!!! I always seem to be exhausted going into most trips. It's almost a rule. A BAD one. LOL! I too see 2 gorgeous supermodels.

Even though you're a big fibber, thank you for the sweet words. My friend is actually stunning. I have a pic from lunch post cruise. She's my age and it's unreal. But I love you for trying.

We're on the ship!!!! Our PAT was at 11:30 and we were on by noon easy. Some folks we met had been on about 10 cruises, this was their first Disney and they said the check in was by far the smoothest of any other line.

The Port of Miami wasn't anything special in terms of aesthetics. No cool models of the ships or anything.

One of these trips, I going to start well rested. Not sure how but it's got to be doable.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #65
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

I am in ... going back to read !
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~
dvc at last ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #66
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Believe it or not, I am still dizzy. I wasn't dizzy on the ship but at times, I'm still rocking. So wierd.
And then again it could just be Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), we're all getting older....:rollyeyes1 I only say that because I suffer from it. The last time I went on HM with Jill, the stretching room really got me.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:14 PM   #67
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
Isn't it the best cabin ever? I debated not posting about it to keep it a little secret but someone would have asked. Lol! I would book it again in a heartbeat.

Always a lack of sleep too? It's a curse!
we're suppose to be keeping this our little secret.

I have the same cabin booked this October on the Magic, we love it.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:15 PM   #68
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Subbing in, I want to hear about your crazy tablemate!

Also, as a west coast person, the Wonder is the only ship we know. I am getting so tired of the "will we be disappointed by the Wonder?" threads, from the Florida crew that has 95 cruise ships within ten minutes. The Wonder if our baby!

Cant wait to hear the rest!
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:40 AM   #69
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Your first was the Wonder too? It's a special ship. I think, like you, it'll always hold a special place even after we cruise with the others. I'd love to do the Magic next. It's got the intimacy of the Wonder but with upgrades. The Fantasy is gorgeous from the photos I've seen. Where are you cruising to? :
We loved the Wonder, it was so classically gorgeous. Our second was on the Magic. That's the cruise I was on with podsnel (Hi Ellen!). And our third was the Fantasy. This upcoming August Fantasy cruise is a Western stopping at Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Jamaica and Castaway Cay. I've never been to Jamaica, so I'm looking forward to that port in particular.
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:18 AM   #70
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:

I really should let Pam tell it as I wasn't there when she met Joshua for the first time.
I think Josh should tell it, that will be funnier

Quote:

You're still dizzy too? I think it's wild that I wasn't affected by the waves while on the ship but the perfectly flat and still ground has me rocking.

It happens to be every time. Its a wild sensation that's for sure.

Quote:
I am kicking myself a little for not rebooking on board. Someone said we could call up to 10 days after and get the same deal. Sound legit?
Can't hurt to try. I know that applies for booking with points and getting a discount. What changed your mind? You seemed pretty sure the family wouldn't enjoy it as much as the parks.

Quote:
You are a vacation glutton and its wonderful! What ship are you and your mom on again? 4 weeks!!!
17 more work days, but I'm ready to go now

It will be on the Fantasy, mom has decided that one is her favorite.

Quote:
Yeah we've got Disneyland but my plan to borrow has been somewhat spoiled. My UY is Dec so I can't touch 2015's points unless our trip starts Dec 1 or after. I liked my Dec UY when we first bought but most of our Disneyland trips are in Nov/Dec so it's not very convenient.
Uh oh, so what's the plan now?

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 09:50 AM   #71
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Yay, you are on the ship! for the super smooth check in process.

I had the weird loopiness for about a week after my last cruise...it goes away but seriously weird in the meantime!

Jill in CO
Old 04-11-2014, 10:01 AM   #72
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Great update!

Yes, travel days are draining. Sounds like you had a fun night with your friends, though, that's great you were able to stay with them!

We did a Magic cruise out of Miami in January and I also thought our check in time was super super speedy. I feel like I barely handed them my signed info and my passport and we were getting our KTTW cards and lanyards. Wild. But so fun to start the trip quickly!

Can't wait to hear about your stateroom!! I always love reading stateroom reviews.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:23 PM   #73
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc at last ! View Post
I am in ... going back to read !

and Good to have you. You've only missed the intro and a small update. I'll get to the meat soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
And then again it could just be Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), we're all getting older....:rollyeyes1 I only say that because I suffer from it. The last time I went on HM with Jill, the stretching room really got me.

Oh no you don't missy. You're not jinxing me with any disorders. This rocking is temporary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
we're suppose to be keeping this our little secret.

I have the same cabin booked this October on the Magic, we love it.

You do? Is the Magic's just like the Wonder's? Same room number. PM me if necessary.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
Subbing in, I want to hear about your crazy tablemate!

Also, as a west coast person, the Wonder is the only ship we know. I am getting so tired of the "will we be disappointed by the Wonder?" threads, from the Florida crew that has 95 cruise ships within ten minutes. The Wonder if our baby!

Cant wait to hear the rest!

The Wonder was totally gorgeous. I truly couldn't find anything wrong with it. I wasn't looking so much, too busy enjoying our cruise, but she's a beautiful ship.

I'll be getting to the tablemates soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
We loved the Wonder, it was so classically gorgeous. Our second was on the Magic. That's the cruise I was on with podsnel (Hi Ellen!). And our third was the Fantasy. This upcoming August Fantasy cruise is a Western stopping at Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Jamaica and Castaway Cay. I've never been to Jamaica, so I'm looking forward to that port in particular.

Jamaica looks FUN! You cruised with Ellen? Lucky! Love her. Grand Cayman looks neat too. What are your plans in Jamaica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I think Josh should tell it, that will be funnier

I'll put it in his words.

Quote:
It happens to be every time. Its a wild sensation that's for sure.

It's a trip. It almost feels like a nice little buzz.

Quote:
Can't hurt to try. I know that applies for booking with points and getting a discount. What changed your mind? You seemed pretty sure the family wouldn't enjoy it as much as the parks.

I think they'd like a 3-4 day tacked onto a WDW trip. Not sure when to do WDW, before or after the cruise? What do you usually do? I would think WDW before as the cruise is so relaxing. Ellen is working on some numbers for us. My girlfriend Jenna and her family are doing a WDW/cruise combo next June. Hers is for sure. Mine, at this point, is a dream but one worth looking into.

Quote:
17 more work days, but I'm ready to go now

It will be on the Fantasy, mom has decided that one is her favorite.

Oh girl, that's so close!!

Would I die on the Fantasy? It's so big.

Quote:
Uh oh, so what's the plan now?

I don't know. We're trying to figure it out. Ideally I'd love to do the first week in December but it requires missing school. Gabby is fine with it. Joshua doesn't prefer but making up the work is easy for him. Sweet Chloe is the one but Gabby told her that 5 days of missed high school would only be like missing 3 of some classes and 2 of another since they have A and B days. Half of their classes are on A day and the other on B day. Hmmm.....she's have to take driver's ed second semester though. She still hasn't got her permit so that's won't matter too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Yay, you are on the ship! for the super smooth check in process.

I had the weird loopiness for about a week after my last cruise...it goes away but seriously weird in the meantime!

Jill in CO

It was crazy fast and yes, yay for being on board and having Navigators in my grubby little fists! Let me know when you start your report. How was Philly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Great update!

Yes, travel days are draining. Sounds like you had a fun night with your friends, though, that's great you were able to stay with them!

We did a Magic cruise out of Miami in January and I also thought our check in time was super super speedy. I feel like I barely handed them my signed info and my passport and we were getting our KTTW cards and lanyards. Wild. But so fun to start the trip quickly!

Can't wait to hear about your stateroom!! I always love reading stateroom reviews.

I took tons of pics so you'll be happy.

Travel days are so draining. Like I told Pam, I love being places, I just don't like getting there.

That's exactly how I felt. We were through the process so quickly and bam, we were on board. It was so much to take in. That process and about the first two hours of the cruise are a blur. Could have been the mighty nice Rum Runner from Krish the bartendar that helped with the blurring process too. Thank goodness for photos.

Old 04-11-2014, 02:44 PM   #74
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Joining in!!!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:04 PM   #75
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Philly was exhausting. My cold is still lingering and I'm completely wiped out. Hopefully I can get to the TR this weekend..maybe Sunday since its supposed to be cold and snowy here again.

Jill in CO

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: