Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2014, 06:24 PM   #151
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
LOVE the cabin! Awesome!!

I agree, I always have a GREAT nights sleep on those beds. Oh, heaven. Between the sound of the water and the gentle rock-me-to-sleep of the boat, it's wonderful!

I've finally stopped rocking and honestly, I'm not sleeping as well.

The cabin was so cool! I had read so much and it was all finally here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Yay for a score on the cabin! I'm glad that Pam and Josh got along so well. Cute gift you got for him!

I don't think I've ever eaten pizza on the ships!

I know I've read TRs from the Fantasy where people took Galley tours, but I think they just didn't plan for things like that on the Wonder not knowing that folks would be all over that kind of thing.

You haven't tried the pizza from Pinocchio's? Skip Palo next time and grab a slice. I'd say we got our money's worth on pizza and funnel vision alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
YAY for the room! I agree, the beds are heavenly. So did you and Josh share then after that first night?

I admit, I loved the fact they'd set up the couch...and then turn it back into one for us.

Major score on the verandah...I can't travel without one!

Goodies looked great.
I'm the same. I'm sold. That full verandah did it for me. Being on the ocean outside was like a dream. I have always been a boat person.

The couch was cute all set up but we didn't need it so I didn't see a point in them making it and unmaking it every day. Yes, Joshua and I shared after the first night. We'd fall asleep late to the TV, the waves, and the sea air. Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Score on the cabin upgrade! What a nice surprise that must have been.
I found out a few weeks before but to see in person was fabulous! We were giddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouche1 View Post
I can't wait to eat so much yummy fruit that I don't have to shop for and chop up.

Thanks for the update. I was prepared to beg later tonight. You TR is awesome and almost inspires me to try one.

Yes, that was a total bonus. I ordered it as dessert too. The pineapple was so good and sweet. We don't get pineapple like that in Utah.

Thank you. You should try a cruise. Whats the hesitation? It is very different from any other vacation that's for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
We tend to go through loads of the cut up fruit on our cruises. We get it from Goofy's Galley. I love the pineapple, too. I love the view from the Port of Miami. I can't wait to see this again soon. Your cabin looks great as does Joshua's gift. I love the bedding on the Wonder.

Corinna

Sailing away from the port was gorgeous. I'll get to it but watching the US drift away in the distance was really cool for Joshua. The weather was stunning and we had a blast.

I really like the bedding too and kept my eye on the pillow the entire cruise. I wasn't going to get charged $200. And the laundry bag? I should have taken it for $20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
What a great room!!!
It was awesome!! I have more pics too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
What an amazing room and balcony.
Loving the little touches that you're capturing.
We were so happy that this was our home for the next 5 nights. Once we logged off from life it felt so real.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #152
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

I'm so happy you scored and enjoyed our awesome cabin. I spent a lot of time on that balcony during the Panama Canal cruise.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2014, 07:26 PM   #153
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
I'm so happy you scored and enjoyed our awesome cabin. I spent a lot of time on that balcony during the Panama Canal cruise.

I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to have that verandah during a longer cruise? Can it be our cabin now?

Old 04-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #154
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I can't imagine how wonderful it would be to have that verandah during a longer cruise? Can it be our cabin now?
It was heavenly! Sure as long as we're not sailing at the same time. There's always 7120 if we're both sailing.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
Old 04-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #155
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

What a beautiful day you had for your sailaway!!! I am so happy you and Pam got to hang together on the cruise- REALLY awesome to have a girlfriend onboard. Joshua is so cute in so many pics, but I don't blame you for shutting the faces down- he is too cute when he smiles!

We have a navigator on the Wonder for Alaska. It is not one of the secret V ones, though. 5138 and one of the insides across the hall. I am very much looking forward to seeing that Chihuly for myself- it looks so pretty! Even more though- I am looking forward to the sleep. You are 1000000% correct- it is the best sleep ever- and I agree- when the land rocking afterwards stops, so does the awesome sleep. One of my favorite things on a cruise, the sleep. Heaven. Just heaven.

Looking forward to more! You are doing a great job of getting me excited for my Grand Slam!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:21 PM   #156
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Quote:
It was heavenly! Sure as long as we're not sailing at the same time. There's always 7120 if we're both sailing.
You guys are so funny, first you're all sharing the Olga Suite, now you're sharing a stateroom!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:52 PM   #157
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Amazing. Anytime you want to make this report a duet, I'm in!

On a side note, poor Joshua is in oodles of pain. He's so sore. Poor kid.

Poor Josh!!!! I feel so sad for him, pain is no bueno

Do you want me to post the pics I took? I can do that, just found out the iPad is super easy to upload from. I don't want to take away from your story, first cruises are SO EXCITING!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:43 PM   #158
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
You guys are so funny, first you're all sharing the Olga Suite, now you're sharing a stateroom!
That's what happens when you're the oldest child, you learn to share.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:57 AM   #159
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

The room looks so amazing and the balcony is very nice as well.

That might be the seller if I ever do a DCL of getting a stateroom with the Verandah over the other stateroom types.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:10 AM   #160
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I got a fantastic upgrade in 2010 on my Med cruise (booked Cat 12 and got upgraded to Cat 5) and fell in love with the veranda. Nothing like sitting outside reading while looking out at the ocean. Now if I could just figure out how to afford one more often.

Jill in CO
Old 04-17-2014, 11:30 AM   #161
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
What a beautiful day you had for your sailaway!!! I am so happy you and Pam got to hang together on the cruise- REALLY awesome to have a girlfriend onboard. Joshua is so cute in so many pics, but I don't blame you for shutting the faces down- he is too cute when he smiles!
It was gorgeous. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. It was total fun having a girlfriend on the trip.

Quote:
We have a navigator on the Wonder for Alaska. It is not one of the secret V ones, though. 5138 and one of the insides across the hall. I am very much looking forward to seeing that Chihuly for myself- it looks so pretty! Even more though- I am looking forward to the sleep. You are 1000000% correct- it is the best sleep ever- and I agree- when the land rocking afterwards stops, so does the awesome sleep. One of my favorite things on a cruise, the sleep. Heaven. Just heaven.
The Navigator's look awesome and I was pleased as punched with it when booking.

The sleep is amazing. Maybe I can get my doc to write a script for a cruise every 4 months to catch up n sleep? Insurance can reimburse.

Quote:
Looking forward to more! You are doing a great job of getting me excited for my Grand Slam!

I'm so glad you're enjoying it. The Wonder is gorgeous. It's well maintained and the staff is amazing! Grand slam girl!

Quote:
It must be a Disney thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Poor Josh!!!! I feel so sad for him, pain is no bueno

He was up at 2 am crying in pain. It's so hard to see them hurting. Michael is home with him today. I cut the portable in half and am stacking with 600 mg Advil. He ate a little soup this morning. I got him a BIG container of KFC mashed potatoes and gravy. Total comfort food.

Quote:
Do you want me to post the pics I took? I can do that, just found out the iPad is super easy to upload from. I don't want to take away from your story, first cruises are SO EXCITING!

You won't take away from anything. Post all you want of the ship. I'm a little picky about pics of me though.

Quote:
That's what happens when you're the oldest child, you learn to share.
I'm an only child, what's my excuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
The room looks so amazing and the balcony is very nice as well.

That might be the seller if I ever do a DCL of getting a stateroom with the Verandah over the other stateroom types.
Bret, it was amazing. We spent a lot of time in our room, we always do on vacation. Everyone vacations differently but a view is very important to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I got a fantastic upgrade in 2010 on my Med cruise (booked Cat 12 and got upgraded to Cat 5) and fell in love with the veranda. Nothing like sitting outside reading while looking out at the ocean. Now if I could just figure out how to afford one more often.

Jill in CO
Me too! Watching the sunrise and sunset and seeing CC and Cozumel from the verandah was like a dream. I couldn't have asked for a better stateroom.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #162
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
He was up at 2 am crying in pain. It's so hard to see them hurting. Michael is home with him today. I cut the portable in half and am stacking with 600 mg Advil. He ate a little soup this morning. I got him a BIG container of KFC mashed potatoes and gravy. Total comfort food.
Oh the poor guy! they didn't give him any pain meds? I hope the advils help.

Quote:

You won't take away from anything. Post all you want of the ship. I'm a little picky about pics of me though.
Cool, I'll post the correlating ones after you post an update.

I have some super cute ones of you guys dancing on pirate night, I promise I won't post anything unflattering.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:02 PM   #163
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

What happened to Josh? Wisdom teeth out?
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:44 PM   #164
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Oh the poor guy! they didn't give him any pain meds? I hope the advils help.

They gave him Lortab which I'm splitting in half as not to upset his stomach. He's not eating which stinks. He's so little and can't afford to lose weight.

He did like texting with you yesterday. One friend's mom is making him cheddar soup today. We bought him every kind of cold treat we could think of but of course nothing beats a McDonald's vanilla shake.

Quote:
Cool, I'll post the correlating ones after you post an update.

I have some super cute ones of you guys dancing on pirate night, I promise I won't post anything unflattering.

Perfect. You took lots of great pics. I'm excited to see them.

Next up is our spa tour and club tour along with Route 66.....I can't wait to get to the second dinner.

Quote:
What happened to Josh? Wisdom teeth out?

He had 3 skin graphs on 6 teeth on his lower gums. They took the skin from his upper mouth so basically his whole mouth is in pain. Poor kid is miserable. M is home with him today and I was home yesterday. To add insult to injury, he got his top braces put on Tuesday so he's sore from that.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:20 PM   #165
lonestardawn
Earning My Ears

I just caught up on your recent updates. What a great start to your trip. The room looks amazing!

Ouch for poor Joshua. I had a skin graft onto a few of my lower teeth a few years ago so I can sympathize with him easily. I remember eating a lot of scrambled eggs the first few days (sometimes with shredded cheese added for extra flavor/calories). The pain was bad enough but I was feeling even worse from not eating enough food. The eggs were a great way to get protein without needing to chew. The soup sounds like it will be tasty. I hope he is feeling better soon!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: