DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #31
jodifla

DIS Veteran

I don't get people who sell when they still plan to go to Disney on a regular basis. Disney rooms are so expensive. Yes, you can stay off property, but that really changes the experience. And using other timeshares to trade in could go "poof" at any moment.

Yes, you can rent. But as we see on these boards over and over, you have ZERO control when you rent. For us the key was not buying too many points. We use them up pretty easily most years. Once I let about 9 points expire, and once I gifted about 24 points. Not bad for 18 years of ownership.
jodifla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:50 PM   #32
ClarabelleCow
Where did my tag go? Oh fairy, can you help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodifla View Post
I don't get people who sell when they still plan to go to Disney on a regular basis. Disney rooms are so expensive. Yes, you can stay off property, but that really changes the experience. And using other timeshares to trade in could go "poof" at any moment. Yes, you can rent. But as we see on these boards over and over, you have ZERO control when you rent. For us the key was not buying too many points. We use them up pretty easily most years. Once I let about 9 points expire, and once I gifted about 24 points. Not bad for 18 years of ownership.
My circumstance was I could no longer plan trips 11,7 or even 5 months out. My kids got older and it became harder to do trips. Our trips were never longer than 5 or 6 nights. I was paying 1200 a year in maintenance. Found only going every 2-3 years, so figured it was time. Sold in May. Of course June came and guess what husband and son wanted to go in November before Thanksgiving. Tried to rent points for a studio or one bedroom. Nothing was available except a few nights at SSR. That's how I knew I did the right thing. Sure it's my problem I should plan better. When the kids were little it was great. But at 21 and 14 they have no desire to go every year and especially with the 21 year old I can't plan in advance.
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2014, 09:30 AM   #33
hygienejean
Are we still trying to figure out the "big project?"
The answers are probably right in front of us

I have a BWV contract listed right now.... I know it will be a happy/ sad feeling when we get an offer. I totally understand!
hygienejean is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: