Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Royal Caribbean > Royal Caribbean
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2014, 02:42 PM   #1
gduvall
DIS Veteran

how early can you depart the FOS

I'm trying to make a 11:20 flight at Melbourne, FL. I'm trying to find out how early i can get off of ship to make this flight.
gduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:44 AM   #2
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I don't have the specifics in my head, but given that it seems to be fairly close to PC it's not as scary (maybe) as getting to MCO.

But...if there's a delay in arrival or customs clearing the ship, what then? I'm pretty sure people started being let off Freedom in January at about 7:30, but if that doesn't happen for some reason, what's your plan?

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2014, 04:50 AM   #3
tessy2
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gduvall View Post
I'm trying to make a 11:20 flight at Melbourne, FL. I'm trying to find out how early i can get off of ship to make this flight.
We sailed on FOS a few years ago and were able to do express departure at around 630 a.m. So you shouldn't have any problems.
tessy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:30 AM   #4
Laz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessy2 View Post
We sailed on FOS a few years ago and were able to do express departure at around 630 a.m. So you shouldn't have any problems.
Remember that if you choose express departure, you must carry all your luggage off the ship yourself. I believe another option is to sign up for early departure. You will be off the ship right after express departure. As was posted earlier, all this is dependent on the ship being cleared by customs and immigration officials. The ship has no control over when the all clear is given.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #5
Fishteacher
Mouseketeer

My husband and I were able to depart FOS and be at rope drop for Magic Kingdom on 7/6. We had to have a taxi take us to the rental car bldg b/c they did not begin their shuttles until approx 7:30 - 8:00. We were off of the ship by 6:45am and did not want to wait so we shared the taxi with another family. You will have no problem making it to the airport AS LONG AS the ship arrives to PC on time and is cleared quickly. Good Luck!
Fishteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:14 AM   #6
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

We just got off FOS a couple weeks ago. We were assigned group 2 (7:15). We walked off around 7:30. We got our luggage then found the shuttle to the rental car. We picked up the car and drove to Melbourne. We were at our hotel (about 2 miles from the airport) around 9:15.

Now, everything worked "perfect" for us. There were no customs delays, we were one of the first groups called off, the rental car shuttle filled up quickly, and we were the first ones to get the rental car.

I think in your case I would arrange for a car service/shuttle to meet me at the pier for the trip to MLB.

MLB is a small airport (we flew out of there on Monday). As long as you get there 60-90 minutes before your flight you should be fine.
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: