Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2014, 10:09 AM   #1
cottontail
DIS Veteran

splash mountain with scooter

Hello: For the ride splash mountain how does it work when you can't walk very far and have a scooter. Am I allowed to ride the scooter all the way thru the line. Also does this ride bump you alot?

Deb.
cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #2
Michigan
Mom of the Rolling Crew

Location: Westland, MI in the summer Clermont, FL in the Winter

I believe you have to transfer to a wheelchair to go through the line because at some point you have to transfer to an evacuation chair that is pulled up the steps,
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2014, 11:09 AM   #3
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

It isn't overly bumpy except when the boats pile up and ram in to each other. Happens to me almost every time after the big drop. I've learned to brace myself.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
bidnow5
DIS Veteran

You ride the scooter all the way you will get diverted to the unload area that's where you get into the boat

bidnow5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:40 AM   #5
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

You ride the scooter through the line part of the way, then you get diverted up the exit ramp. It can be dark and you'll be going the "wrong way" so be prepared for people to be walking at you, and keep the scooter speed all the way down on the slow setting. You park the scooter and walk a few steps to the boat, and step down into it. Pretty easy, as they go.
dawnhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:48 AM   #6
KisanMcG
The Other Wendy-Lady

ECV riders get into either the regular standby or Fastpass+ line (depending on your use of Fastpass+), and when the line moves on to the stairs, a CM will open a rope to a handicapped accessible path. They will have you wait there, as only a limited number of guests in wheels can ride at a time. Once you are allowed to proceed, you will drive your ECV up the exit path. This can be tricky, as people exiting the attraction will be walking straight into where you are riding uphill. They will direct you to park at the exit for the attraction. The CM will then point you towards loading into a log to ride.

A bit of a tip - When we were there at Christmas time, a rainstorm started while we were inside during the ride. Since we hadn't been prepared, I didn't put a poncho or cover over my ECV, and the CMs did not move it to a covered area. Unfortunately, that meant heading back to the hotel rather than spending the remainder of the day sitting in a nasty, soaking wet seat. If it looks like rain at all, be sure to cover your ECV before boarding there!
KisanMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:34 PM   #7
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Yes, the HA line breaks off from the main wait line, and you end up going to the ride exit, with people-traffic exiting the ride going in the other direction. So stay to the wall and go slow. The ride is OK, not real bumpy. I have a problem with my leg, and it's hard for me to get up out of rides that you step down into. Pirates of the Carib has a post you can use for leverage, but I find Splash Mountain the hardest to exit. If you need assistance exiting the ride, have your ride buddy seated nearest the exit side, so he/she can help you up.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:12 AM   #8
cottontail
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone. I will need help stepping out I think if it is that low.

Deb.
cottontail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:23 PM   #9
WheeledTraveler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottontail View Post
Thanks everyone. I will need help stepping out I think if it is that low.

Deb.
In case you haven't seen it, one thing that's been discussed in a different thread is that cast members are not allowed to assist with getting in or out of ride vehicles. Someone in your party can help, so just make sure you're riding with someone who can help. Otherwise, you should probably skip the ride.

I honestly don't remember a huge number of bumps during most of the ride. I'm pretty sensitive to them and didn't have any issues. If any sort of quick stopping is going to be a problem, then you could have problems with the actual flume part. While you don't completely stop at the bottom, you do slow significantly. To give you a sense of the level of bumping, I won't ride Test Track anymore, but I will ride Splash Mountain.
WheeledTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: