Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2014, 10:57 AM   #1
Mum23
Mouseketeer

Spirit of Aloha with PN and other allergies

I am trying to decide on the Wishes cruise or Aloha dinner for a special extra with my family in Sept. I see they cancel Aloha if it's under 50 so that's a concern as well but we are dealing with a long list of allergies as well. Anyone go with peanut/tree nut allergies and have issues? WE also manage milk and egg allergies and Celiac disease so no gluten as well.

Thanks in advance!
Mum23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:53 PM   #2
itradehilton
Mouseketeer

Spirt of Aloha does Gluten free well. We just had to wait for the waiter to bring out the GF salad foods.

me DH: DS #1 DS #2
itradehilton is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2014, 03:50 PM   #3
sleepingbean
DIS Veteran

We did a wishes cruise and I just wanted to warn that you need to bring your own beverages, or at least that was the case for us. We brought our own allergy free cake, but there wasn't even water on the boat to wash it down, which turned out to be problematic!

The Gluten Free Dairy Free Food We Ate in Disney World
We are NOT Disney People - The First trip report - Pt 1

sleepingbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:39 PM   #4
Mum23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbean View Post
We did a wishes cruise and I just wanted to warn that you need to bring your own beverages, or at least that was the case for us. We brought our own allergy free cake, but there wasn't even water on the boat to wash it down, which turned out to be problematic!
Oh really? I though in the description it said chips and drinks? Good to know! Do you remember what kinds of snacks they had on board?
Old 03-26-2014, 09:00 PM   #5
mistysue
DIS Veteran

Aloha has a full kitchen to help you. DS is allergic to wheat, soy, egg, dairy, peanut, some treenuts, sesame, buckwheat and shellfish. I think he mostly had chicken and rice, maybe corn and broccoli? That sounds right to me. I also specifically remember that they had a roll and butter for him which was really cool as it was one of two times on our entire trip he had any bread product, and the other time it was plain. I believe they had rice and almond milk available but I do not recall the brand, so if cross contamination is an issue you may want to know in advance which brands you are or are not ok with. Of course they will also have soy milk, I have no idea if there are nut issues with that. He was very impressed. We would go back if it wasn't for the cost... we did the most expensive seats and were in the worst spot of tier 1- none of our kids could really see any of the show because the rest of tier 1 was some sort of adult group that was very interactive with each other and kept moving about. (Worth it for the grownups, but the placement was a bit of a let down)

I like vacations.
mistysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 01:44 PM   #6
sleepingbean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mum23 View Post
Oh really? I though in the description it said chips and drinks? Good to know! Do you remember what kinds of snacks they had on board?
There was nothing on board in the way of food or drinks during our Wishes Cruise on the Grand One. It could be that they have changed it since we went, or that we just had a fluke trip out?

The Gluten Free Dairy Free Food We Ate in Disney World
We are NOT Disney People - The First trip report - Pt 1

sleepingbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #7
ericasatx
Earning My Ears

Haven't done the wishes cruise but have done the Spirit of Aloha. They called me at home about a week before our trip and we discussed exactly what she could have since it is family service. We got there and the chef came out and told us that still made him nervous so he brought her out an entire serving tray of food under a silver lid. She thought she had reached heaven and felt quite special.
ericasatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:58 AM   #8
Mum23
Mouseketeer

Thanks SO much for all this. I am still so nervous about this entire trip. I keep telling my DH to be prepared for me to bail at the minute. Which would be VERY expensive as you all know.

We decided on the Illumination cruise. I also decided to do the Hoop De Do and a few other special meals. If all goes well, perhaps we'll go again in the future and try SoA!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: