Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2014, 11:00 AM   #1
McMonsters
Earning My Ears

VIP Cleaning

I'm so glad to have found this community! Its great to see everything available for us at Disney. We normally stay at Fort Wilderness in our travel trailer because of our daughters severe food allergies. I've been very hesitant about staying in a room in any hotel because of the severity of her allergies, especially since we know how popular PB &J is for guests to have as a quick in room meal. I'll be traveling solo with the girls and since I'm also pregnant setting up the trailer would be a little much for me, so we are staying at a resort for the first time. When I made the reservation the CM had me wait while she filled out some paperwork for the VIP Cleaning. Since then I have called twice to make payments and checked to make sure it is on the reservation. The first call the CM said it wasn't there and added a note, second call the CM referenced the note. Is there something else I need to do or someone I need to contact? Has anyone else had this cleaning done and how did you feel about the results? Thanks for helping!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #2
babygirlamg
DIS Veteran

I had it noted on the reservation and a few days before I called to verify . When we arrived at 10am our room wasn't ready and they said because of the VIP cleaning was being done. It worked well for us. My daughter had no problems with her asthma or food allergies ( peanut, tree nut, dairy and fish) . I would call a few days before and when you arrive ask to make sure it was done. Have a great trip !!
babygirlamg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #3
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker and Fairly Good Sailing Master

1) There are two "official" levels of VIP cleaning.
2) OK, there are really three, but the 3rd is not discussed in public.
3) You need to specify your allergy(ies) to get the better cleanings.
4) Or, EVERYONE would be requesting them.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #4
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

I agree with being specific about the allergies and what you want cleaned. What one person considers "VIP Clean" may be different than what another needs. I'd call a few days prior to arrival and give specifics.

Enjoy your vacation!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:36 PM   #5
RubyV
Mouseketeer

When we requested our ViP cleaning, we got very specific about why we needed it. (very severe dairy allergy that reacts inhaled to powdered dairy products - things like doritos are terrifying)

Note: We had an after 10pm arrival, and it was NOT done. They offered to comp us the night, but it wasn't about the money, as I had explained, it was safety. We basically didn't let her walk barefoot, kept her luggage on her bed with her until the clean was done while we were out the next morning and left the room very, very early (7 am), and got to MK by 8 am and hung out until RD.

We are Ruby (37), Pixie (10), and RJ (45).
RubyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:28 PM   #6
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Do you have to pay extra for the VIP cleaning?

My son and I have severe dust allergy plus a few other's and I always have to have my mum watch the boys for the 1st hour or so while dh and myself clean the room and dust everywhere especially the headboard and surface areas where he sleeps! And then he still can't go barefoot in the room,

It would be so much better to know a better clean could be done prior to arrival instead of us doing it and ruining our 1st few hours with the kids.
Thanks

Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:31 AM   #7
krosmith
Mouseketeer

My son has special needs. And when we ask for the extra cleaning they don't charge us.
krosmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:40 PM   #8
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post

My son and I have severe dust allergy plus a few other's and I always have to have my mum watch the boys for the 1st hour or so while dh and myself clean the room and dust everywhere especially the headboard and surface areas where he sleeps! And then he still can't go barefoot in the room,

It would be so much better to know a better clean could be done prior to arrival instead of us doing it and ruining our 1st few hours with the kids.
Thanks
No, there is no additional charge for the VIP cleaning.

Mom/Son bday trip! 6/15**WDW, Frozen Summer Fun & Diagon Alley! Aug. '14*Ultimate Orlando w/WDW, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14**Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Mrs D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:10 AM   #9
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerpea View Post

Thanks
We request a special cleaning for dust and pollen. I specify that we need things like the air filter changed, carpets deep cleaned and very thorough dusting. I also make it clear that we do NOT need any kind of special chemical free linens or cleaners as those are not a problem for DD13 so I don't want them going to more effort than is needed but that is one of the types of special cleanings so I like to be specific. Despite our food allergies, none of them are contact and therefore I don't worry about scouring surfaces for residue, just dust which doesn't require nearly as good of a scrub.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:14 PM   #10
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanmcculloch View Post

We request a special cleaning for dust and pollen. I specify that we need things like the air filter changed, carpets deep cleaned and very thorough dusting. I also make it clear that we do NOT need any kind of special chemical free linens or cleaners as those are not a problem for DD13 so I don't want them going to more effort than is needed but that is one of the types of special cleanings so I like to be specific. Despite our food allergies, none of them are contact and therefore I don't worry about scouring surfaces for residue, just dust which doesn't require nearly as good of a scrub.
This sounds like it would work well for us, I've honestly never been able to go into a Disney hotel room except POP and AOA without having to wipe it all down for dust, Poly was by far the worst! Which is a real shame for a deluxe followed by AKL which I asked them to come back and dust it as it was so thick it would have set my asthma off of I had tried to dust it!

This thread has been very helpful I never knew it was even possible to ask,

Me 29,DH 33,DS 12, DS"Twins"9
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: