Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2014, 10:38 PM   #31
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

4 Days!!

Here's a better & more recent picture of DSis & I

Thanks to Disboards I discovered Disney bounding and decided to do an Aurora inspired ensemble for the trip. Here are my Aurora nails:

Not sure if it's frowned upon or if nobody cares, but I'm going to change this TR's title...Is that weird? I think doing three day trips probably isn't the norm either. It's boring and I wasn't sure of the whole plan when I started.

AK & EP Adventures would be AK, EP, & MK Adventures in four days, so instead I'll edit it when I start posting about MK.
Sept 2014 TR: Princess-tatic 5th Birthday Adventure

Last edited by ElsasMom; 05-01-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:51 AM   #32
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

I'm in for an extended TR! Love the nails! (I can't stand the feel of nail polish or the taste of lipstick. I'm doomed to be a "natural beauty" I guess )

Conversation at dinner last night:

Me: Did you order the Disney tickets from Undercover Tourist yet? We want to get our Magic Bands for September.

DH: No.

Me: How come?!? I want to get out Magic Bands!!!! Let's get a move on!!!!

DH: Because you said you would pick them up at AAA on Saturday.

Me: **crickets chirping * *
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2014, 03:41 PM   #33
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Magic Kingdom Here We Come!

My long awaited MK girl's day finally arrived! I made my first Disney spreadsheet to help me be in the right area for the parade and FP's without too much back tracking:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Although, RR and I watched "Tangled" earlier in the evening I decided to watch "Congo" right before bed and it was a bad call. I had nightmares and woke up screaming about a giant spider on the bedroom curtains!

I went back to sleep briefly before I got up with my alarm and quietly set to work on my (very first Disney bound ever) Aurora ensemble: Bright pink bubble tank top, light khaki shorts, sparkly gold hair tie, slightly curled ponytail, pink eye shadow and I already showed you the nails. Once I was dressed I called DSis to make sure she was moving. Then I woke RR up and asked her if she'd like to...you know...maybe...visit the Magic Kingdom today??

Her outfit was a Rapunzel Disney bound (EVERYONE got it! Nobody noticed mine, but that's ok):

Isn't she just the perfect little Blondie? I think my outfit was too subtle if I had been able to find or make a gold crown barrette to go with my curled ponytail it would have been more obvious.

So, DSis arrives and I tell DH to throw the wheelchair in her car while we finished getting ready. He checked the tires the night before so it never occurred to me there would be a problem this morning...

FLAT TIRE

Not, "This one needs a little air" flat, like "the tube inside is broken so every time I fill it it goes flat in minutes" flat. DH suggested waiting until a bike shop was open and getting it fixed but it was already getting late. I told him to throw the chair and my hand pump in the back and we'd deal with it. The way I saw it, we could either rent a chair when we got there or navigate the park with a flat all day.

We loaded up the car and swung through a Starbucks where my free drink reward on my card was mysteriously missing...WHAT?!? It was fine I had enough on my card to cover breakfast no biggie, but it was feeling like "one of those" morning and it just couldn't be!

That's when DSis remembered she forgot something at her apartment. We picked it up (it was on the way to the interstate anyway so no biggie), but I was getting super antsy!

Then we stopped for gas. I had a rewards card for 10cents off a gallon up to 20gals. I handed it out to DSis, she swiped..no, tried again...no, went inside..no. WHAT?!? Fine, full price gas it is grumble, grumble...Let's just go!!!

And then (FINALLY) we were off...

Last edited by ElsasMom; 05-03-2014 at 09:19 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:43 PM   #34
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

Great report and the girls are adorable. Love your attitude about things!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:35 PM   #35
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Thanks, I try to "just keep swimming"

appleorchard (& anyone else who's joined us)!!
Old 05-01-2014, 06:51 PM   #36
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

On the Road

I was so excited to finally be on the road in earnest! It flew by and although nothing will ever beat the hilarious-ness of RR insisting half asleep that she'd forgotten to wear any clothes to Epcot, I will note that we played "I Spy" for part of the drive and she kept saying "I spy with my yellow eye"

The Happy-est Sign on Earth

In what felt like minutes I saw this glorious sight! I almost wet myself literally & figuratively because I had a huge latte & We MADE IT!!!

Let's just bask in this awesome sight for a moment...I posted this picture with the caption "Happy Explosion!!!"

We cheered all the way to a parking space!

First Stop

We hit the first rest stop we found. Everyone was bursting and I wanted to try to fill my tire after the trek from the car. I tried with DSis' help to pump it with the hand pump a few times and then decided that would be useless.

We decided renting a wheelchair would both waste valuable Disney time and make everyone think I was a faker (but mostly the former). Which is also why we had to get out of that bathroom and onto that ferry!

But not before our now traditional bathroom camera test!

RR noted how the tiles matched her outfit!

Getting In

I sadly noted, that it was after 10am. My plans were pretty loose, but I do so love an early park arrival. Our first FP was for BTMR which is my favorite ride, not my favorite at MK or even WDW. My hands down favorite ride on the planet. Today was special, today was our very first visit since RR grew to amazing height of 40in!!! It would be her first ever ride on my favorite ride ever. So, we needed to book it of the ferry and over to Frontier Land!

Our FP window closed at 10:30am and there was NO WAY we were missing it. We made it to Frontier Land with DSis madly pushing the wheelchair through the crowds on a completely flat tire while I held tight to RR in my lap and prayed for Disney Magic

We arrived at FP line at the last possible moment and on we went! I can't express the happy I knew everything would be magical now.

Our new friend Debbie greeted us so cheerfully, it's like she KNEW this was the best moment of my life. She gave RR a high five for this being her first ride of the day & a double high five when she found out it was her first time on BTMR EVER. Debbie told us to come back later in the day when the crowd dies down and she'd let us ride twice in a row. I could just die of happy.

Looking dubious as we waited...

RR got super worried as we were directed to the back row of the train. Debbie told her not to worry that it gets dark and loud for just a minute, nothing to be afraid of. We waved good bye to our first new friend of the day as we braced for "The Wildest Ride in the Wil-der-ness"!

RR adored it, as her DNA dictated she should, and talked about returning the whole rest of the day.

I will be smacking my head for life over NOT asking Debbie to snap a photo, duh! My baby's first BTMR trip and I have not one shred of photographic evidence, boo!

Last edited by ElsasMom; 05-02-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:25 PM   #37
LindseyLou2222
DIS Veteran

Your pictures are wonderful! They make me smile

Old 05-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #38
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLou2222 View Post
Your pictures are wonderful! They make me smile
Aw, Thanks! They make me happy too!! And Thanks for joining us! I have awesome pictures coming up
Old 05-02-2014, 10:19 AM   #39
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Fairy Hugs means Shared Pixie Dust!!

Finding the Fairies!

I was determined to meet some fairies When we came over the summer DH flat out veto-ed a visit. My kids (Even my 11DS) LOVE the Tinkerbell movies. We Pre-ordered "Pirate Fairy" and have been enjoying it in between "Frozen" viewings.

Now, I planned to go straight from BTMR to the Fairies, but Adventure land (and specifically Tinkerbell) was much farther away than it looked on the map. So, the nice thing about a girls trip is if you're confused no one minds asking for directions.

I waved over the first CM who walked by. It just happened she was traveling with a group of characters and CMs that included Briar Rabbit, Briar Bear, Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar. None of them even slowed their pace while we got directions or so I thought.

Next thing I knew Briar Rabbit hopped over and kissed me! Then he patted DSis on the head before skipping off towards Splash Mountain. Gotta love Disney

While Waiting for Tink

The wait time posted for the fairies was 30min when we arrived, but one look at the deserted queue and the excitement of the CM at the door when she realized we were headed her way told me it would be way shorter.

DSis and I were thrilled to find a bit of line inside so we could readjust our stuff, take a drink, have a snack and discuss what was next. Yay, multitasking!

In the second one I was trying to get MDE to work, which of course it was refusing to do so, OF. Course. I finally got it going by the end of the line. This is also the only picture where you can kindda see my gold sparkly hair tie.

(mis)Identifying Fairies

My house was well versed in the residents of Pixie Hollow, but DSis learned their names as we inched through the line. In about 15mins we were up (take that posted wait time!).

As we got to the doorway I smiled at the CM who seemed a bit sleepy and she said nothing...So, I said "Ok, RR get ready to shrink to fairy size" and her eyes widened in amazement. Then the CM joined in explaining to be very careful NOT to step through too soon or she'd be stuck a few inches tall all day! That was more like it!

Then we all shrunk to fairy size and took in the Magical Nook for the very first time...So, adorable.

There was Rosetta (RR's second favorite fairy! She's a hardcore Periwinkle lover.) DSis (just as Rosetta sashayed over) said "Oh, is it Fawn?"

To which Rosetta replied "Do I Look like an animal fairy?!? I don't think so, Honey." I almost died. Bonus points to the Photo Pass Photographer for catching the moment on film.

Now they're discussing when Rosetta had animal fairy powers and all the bugs crawled on her and she was like "ew! ew! ew!" (Pirate Fairy)

After they chatted I jumped in for some pictures and I must say they were some of the best all day.

Last edited by ElsasMom; 05-03-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:30 PM   #40
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Why Hello Miss Bell

Two Tinkers

After some hugs with Rosetta that transferred some pixie dust onto Miss RR It was time to see Peter Pan's Bestie...

They discussed lost things, tinkering and how much RR loves Tink's movies! They even talked about how fun it is to be fairy sized.

There were more hugs and a fresh layer of pixie dust ! Then it was time to grow back to human size.

Last edited by ElsasMom; 05-03-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:12 PM   #41
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Under the Sea & Through The Mirror

Fantasy Land Awaits!

I had so wanted to start our Disney day with Ariel. We set off for a journey under the sea

Of course we got completely turned around and walked right past it all the way to Rapunzel's tower before we turned around. When we got there the wait said 30min, but the line was telling me 15ish...

DSis putting ice into our water bottles in line for the Ariel Ride.

Just as we were climbing into our shell RR declared she had to potty! I assured her if she held it through the ride I'd take her straight to the bathroom when it was done. (Mother of the year, right?)

In the clam shell:

Ariel is DSis' favorite and she'd never been on it, so she was thrilled. We were going to go meet Ariel when we got off, but we needed a potty break and it was getting super close to our FP time for Enchanted Tales with Belle.

Gaton's Got the Best Toilets in Town

We rushed next door to what is now my favorite bathroom in MK (Punzie's potties are so pretty, but always so crowded) the companion bathroom outside Gaton's Tavern. (It should be noted the lock was funky and we had to take turns hold the door shut) At which point RR flat out refused to go. That stinker!

The rest of us used the bathroom and we all washed hands and filled our filtered water bottle in the adjacent water fountain.

Mrs Potts is the coolest!!!

This was another attraction DH veto-ed over the summer. However, when I found out that you get to participate in a play for Belle my actress heart skipped a beat! Riley's a Belle fan and performing is in her blood so I knew we had to do it.

We had a little snack while we waited in the FP line (Banana Apple Go-Go Squeez which is second only to Uncrustables on my top Disney foods list).

It was about 5min (long enough for a 4yrold to almost take down a Go-Go Squeez before we were ushered inside. RR was dubious and refused to stand up front with the other kiddos, but since I was in the front of the adults and she was on my lap she had a pretty good view.

Soon, the mirror took us to Beast's castle and I was all a twitter to see how this was going to work.

RR was cast as Mrs. Potts!!

I did my conservatory training/theater degree proud making galloping horse noises and wind sound effects, LOL Seriously it was so fun! You have to do it at least once.

She did awesome! (of course!)

So, proud!

Ta-da!

Last edited by ElsasMom; 05-03-2014 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:20 PM   #42
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Lunch Break & Princess Dates

Lunch Break

We settled down in a shady spot outside of Maurice's house for lunch. The forecast had been high of 94 and it was hot but it was 80's not 90's. Plenty hot, but not quite fry an egg on the sidewalk weather. It was still almost certainly going to rain later , but for the moment it was still Nothing us Florida girls couldn't handle.

RR had an Uncrustable, some honeydew melon, goldfish crackers and fruit snacks for desert. DSis and I had some organic deli chicken salad. We all stayed hydrated throughout the day thanks to our filtered water bottles, complementary cups of ice throughout the park and water fountains.

After we ate we re-applied sunscreen (SPF 50) and discussed maybe attempting (for what? like the 5th time?) to meet our favorite mermaid, but (surprise ) We had somewhere else to be (again). That's ok it was our most anticipated FP of the day...

Water & Bling

We made one more pit stop to Gaston's potties and this time in case you were in suspense...RR went potty! I rewarded her with an Elsa necklace and barrette I got on Etsy.

I have to admit it was bad timing on my part. I gave her an Elsa necklace moments before we got in line for Rapunzel & Cinderella, oops! I talked her into taking it off in line so Rapunzel won't be jealous and everyone could see her pretty shirt.

BEST. Day. Ever.

A wonderfully enthusiastic CM greeted us as we approached the Mickey Head. He confirmed that we did have a FP for Rapunzel & Cinderella (RR had no clue who was next door & I meant to keep that way until her Bday trip in Sept). He was so excited for us it was adorable and he told us to be sure and look for Pascal. We loved that idea! Then we hopped in the deceptively short FP line (did I say that right? The line looked super long, but it was actually kind of ridiculous how short it was).

RR got one passing glance at the glass slipper before we were in the room! So excited!! The CM in the room was sweet too. She asked if we were having a girls day. Which of course we were. When I laughed about leaving the boys at home so we could have some princess time she asked where the boys were today and I said with a Cheshire Cat grin work and school! Then she asked where we were from and guessed that it was a day trip. I was impressed not all CM's know the rest of FL very well. Then we discussed how good Pascal is at hide & seek.

Prepare yourself for heart bursting adorable-ness:

RR took Blondie's hand and exclaimed "You're my FAVORITE princess!" to which she replied "Oh! Best. Day. Ever." it was amazing.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #43
LindseyLou2222
DIS Veteran

I'm loving these pics! Your DD is completely adorable!! I cannot wait for my DD to have experiences like these! We went for her first trip in December and she hated all the characters, lol. They were ok from afar but that was it! She'll be almost 3 when we come back in September, so I'm crossing my fingers for some beautiful pics!

Old 05-03-2014, 03:56 PM   #44
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLou2222 View Post
I'm loving these pics! Your DD is completely adorable!! I cannot wait for my DD to have experiences like these! We went for her first trip in December and she hated all the characters, lol. They were ok from afar but that was it! She'll be almost 3 when we come back in September, so I'm crossing my fingers for some beautiful pics!
Thanks! I agree about the pictures, I love them too! She is adorable ! Most of her character experience happened at 3, but my good friend brought her 2.5yr old to WDW recently she was beside herself and just kept repeating "Pluto's BIG. Pluto's Big! Pluto...big" Poor kid just wasn't prepared, but once they meet Minnie, the cuteness was staggering! Since your little princess has been before I bet she'll warm up faster this time.

Three was fun for characters for sure. What I think is a great about her age now (4) for characters is she knows who everyone is not just the Fab 5 and she has real conversations with them now (and you can tell they appreciate it too).
Old 05-07-2014, 02:04 PM   #45
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Rapping with Royalty

They compared hair and discussed hair treatments. Rapunzel noticed every detail of RR outfit and was very flattered. It was hands down our best character interaction of the day.

Two pretty Punzies!

And now it was my turn to jump in. Rapunzel was my FAVORITE story in the fairy tale collection I had as a kid. I can't tell you how long the wait for Disney to make this movie was for me. She was too amazing!

And now for the princess most likely to lose a shoe...

This one is MY FAVORITE from our time with Cinderella!

And this one is easily my second favorite!

At some point Cinderella invited RR to the castle to visit which thrilled RR. They chatted so much so intimately I heard very little, but as we were leaving RR stopped in her tracks and called back over her shoulder that Cinderella could "come play at my house anytime, it's no problem!"

Last edited by ElsasMom; 05-11-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Tags
animal kingdom, disability, epcot, florida residents, magic kingdom

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: