Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2014, 11:11 AM   #16
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Imagination & Accessories

Now for Figment

I can't believe DCiL (a bi-coastal Disney pass holder) had NEVER been on Journey into Imagination

MM felt like such a big girl going on two rides in a row! It wasn't a walk on, but the wait was so minimal it couldn't have been even 5min.

The girls enjoyed it, but the last part where it gets dark and there's a loud sound before they reveal the many figments really startled MM. Not so much that she didn't enjoy herself though.

They danced & made Figments in the play area afterward.

RR's Figment

Glam Time!

We stopped in the gift shop on the way out b/c MM's grandma had asked DCiL to "pick out something from her." She decided on some pretty headband ears like RR's were in order. RR went crazy over the pointy princess hat with ears attached, but I came prepared.

Before we left I bought RR this amazing Necklace on etsy:

I interrupted the fit that was brewing and stepped out of the gift shop where I explained in a whispered voice that I already had a surprise for her. I told her it was a treasure. Something special you can't buy in the gift shop. She loved it.

Here are the girls with their new accessories:

RR had to show it to each CM we passed along the way too. "Look, it's treasure, etc..."
Sept 2014 TR: Princess-tatic 5th Birthday Adventure

Last edited by ElsasMom; 03-24-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #17
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Fancy Meeting You Here!!!

Bumping into the BFF

So, we took a quick potty break and headed towards World Showcase because it was almost time for the Mulan M&G.

As we were walking along we noticed a line for our old friends Chip & Dale. Obviously we danced with them last week and we were on our way to Mulan so I said "Wave hi, Sweetie." RR complied and waved and we kept waking.

That's when I heard someone calling RR. I look over & a little mouse-eared head is popping up over the hedge. It was BB her BFF! Can you imagine bumping into your BFF at Disney? MAGIC

The next time this two girls are together at WDW it'll be their princess-tastic 5th birthday trip. My PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3251479

It was a wonderful moment
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #18
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

She'll Bring Honor to Us All!

Mulan!

We said goodbye to RR's bestie and started heading for China. We stopped for a few pictures along the way & MM fell asleep. When we got to the Mulan line it was 11:12 & a CM told us the 11:00 line was closed. It took me completely off guard. Was this really happening? Were they really turning away the girl in the Mulan costume & the lady in the wheelchair 12min after 11 for Mulan?

So, I told RR we'd have lunch on the bench outside China and be first in line when she came back in 40min. At that point a teenage girl with mouse ears approached us she told us she saw what happened & wanted to give us her spot in line. I couldn't believe it!

RR hugged her & thanked her as she led us to her spot in the line where her Mom stepped out and RR hugged her too! Disney Magic

Most AMAZING M&G EVER. Look and those pictures! I bought a photo pass closeup of them hugging.
Mulan said "If I knew you were going to wear my dress I would have worn one of yours!"
They compared necklaces, RR told her how much she loves her movie and promised to come see her again.
Then Mulan gave her a great big kiss on the cheek!

Then RR ate her lunch while MM snoozed in the stroller.
Old 03-23-2014, 06:09 PM   #19
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Walking Around the World

Seeing More of the World

RR and I finished up the lunches we had packed. DCiL grabbed a couple spring rolls to tide her over while MM slept.

My goal had been ride a few rides, see Mulan and at least one other Princess. Since we only had to met one more princess to complete my goal we decided to just start walking around the world looking for a princess. Ah, Disney

Eventually, we were in France and I saw a line so I booked it to the end of the line with RR & asked DCiL who I was in line for. It was Belle in her blue dress, that would do. The line was long but shady. We waited for a bit while DCiL explored (MM was still asleep).

My cell phone rang, it turned out that Aurora was due out in 10mins and the only one there was DCiL. So, we left Belle's line to go see my favorite princess. We did get slightly side tracked by some ducks walking around a fountain.

First in line for Sleeping Beauty!! Pinch me! it was awesome to be first but it was hot at this point. RR took off her Mulan dress and Minnie ears She made a friend in line and ran around the gazoo and up and down the empty path giggling. MM woke up during the silliness.

And then she arrived (a few minutes late) & she was breath taking (but I'm super biased)

I was tearing up by the end of the M&G. Aurora was glad they were both wearing pink. RR showed Aurora her necklace and she asked if her fairies made it for her. RR said no, but that she knew that her fairies had made her dress. Lovely, by the time we left the line so long it that it went around the corner.

We kept walking with the goal of finding DCiL & MM some lunch.

We happened upon Alice!
Here's RR as Alice last Halloween 2012:

Here's some cuteness :

We hit the M&G jackpot all afternoon. Now I was worried about DCiL & MM being overheated and hungry.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:46 PM   #20
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

Great Alice dress! My DD could be anything she wanted for Halloween as long as I could make it from $4 WalMart sweats. She went out s a Beanie Baby more times than I can count....

I have to tell you that in one of your close-up pictures the glitter on your DD's cheek shows up so well I thought there was something on my computer screen. But when I couldn't clean it off I realized it must be glitter!

We don't have little ones any more (DD's out of college now) but one or two trips ago we went to see Turtle Talk with Crush anyway and it was hilarious. Sorry the little one didn't like it. Give her a year and try again?
Old 03-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #21
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHSweb79 View Post
Great Alice dress! My DD could be anything she wanted for Halloween as long as I could make it from $4 WalMart sweats. She went out s a Beanie Baby more times than I can count....

I have to tell you that in one of your close-up pictures the glitter on your DD's cheek shows up so well I thought there was something on my computer screen. But when I couldn't clean it off I realized it must be glitter!

We don't have little ones any more (DD's out of college now) but one or two trips ago we went to see Turtle Talk with Crush anyway and it was hilarious. Sorry the little one didn't like it. Give her a year and try again?
When we were kids my sister went as a bunny, pink sweats with ears and a tail like 20X

LOL that wasn't pixie dust, that dress was brand new and shedding glitter like crazy! It was everywhere.

Yeah, Miss RR has no idea but we booked a Disney Cruise for next Feb and I can't wait to eat in the Animators Palette and have another visit from Crush, I'm sure she'll love it.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:52 PM   #22
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Food & Playground Fail

Let's Get You Girls Fed

So, like I said I was really worried about DCiL & MM who had to be starving & it was really hot at this point The Mulan dress went back in the bag & we left the world showcase. We headed for the grab & go under the Garden Grill whose name escapes me. You know in the building with The Land.

So, I decided (which was fine) & announced (which turned out to be a bad call) I'd buy RR her first Mickey Bar and we'd share it, inside in the a/c.

The ramp into the Land is like 409,879,239.2 miles long! It SUCKED because we were hot & tired. Luckily, a stranger took pity on me somewhere near the halfway point & pushed me inside.

DCiL & MM grabbed lunch and then I went to find a Mickey Bar , but guess what they didn't have? You guessed it. After lunch/snacks/potty break we considered riding The Land, but it said 20min wait (I kindda doubted it, but that building was so packed) & RR wanted her ice cream. We decided to hit the Monster's Inc playground it was the only stamp RR got in Flower & Garden passport all day, but it's a monster plant so it's a good one.

RR's First Mickey Bar

Disney Milestone:

It was SO FREAKING HOT which was why I wanted to eat it inside, but now we were outside and I already said she could have one. Sigh... It was worth the mess.

Playground Fail

So, once the mess was cleaned up RR finally hit the playground. I was soooo HOT so I can't accurately report how much time passed, but it wasn't very long.

RR climbed down from the playground & looked at me with the most pathetic look She wouldn't speak for a minute or two and I knew something was wrong. She was just stunned.

Then she told me someone was mean to her. After some coaxing it came out that "A kid pushed me off what I was doing. He pushed me and yelled 'get away from me'"

She was heartbroken because she couldn't comprehend how someone at Disney could be mean to her. Poor Pumpkin.

I told her she did the right thing by not being unkind back and by telling Mommy. Between what happened to RR & the heat & MM's diaper we decided it was time to leave the playground.

We needed a time out.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:52 PM   #23
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Re-Grouping

She Got One!

I said earlier in my report I was bummed about not getting a Minnie picture, but DCiL did get one so here ya go:

Now What?

We collected our frazzled gang and headed, where else? The baby center. I have to say. I liked the one in AK way better. The CM who greeted us seemed more like a bouncer than a host. We shuffled in hoping for cool air and cartoons. We got 1/2 of our hopes met. It was oddly muggy inside.

RR thought it was awesome in there. She played with the little Disney figures and watched the cartoons. Classic Goofy cartoons, my favorite. At one point she asked "whose house is this?" LOL

DCiL seemed really overheated and tired, I suggested we go next door and ride the Mexico ride. Which is all Three Caballeros now and all about Donald .

Mexico

DCiL had been wanting to try the Mexican flan and reported it "wasn't great." It was cool and dark inside (but very loud). We had a very short wait to get on the ride maybe 2min. RR got a little anxious probably because of how dark it was in there compared to the bright sunlight we came in from. Maybe she was remembering Maelstrom? Anyway the CM told her "Don't worry princess. It's not scary! It's Donald Duck."

The girls enjoyed our boat ride and the moms enjoyed the air conditioning. DCiL seemed to be perking up now and I was glad because I was so NOT done with Epcot.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:20 PM   #24
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Oops, Rewind

One important thing got left out. When we visited WDW for the first time as a family over the summer RR wore her Minnie ears to EP of course. The first ride we went on was Nemo of course. The CM there was an older man who squeaked her mouse ear with Disney magic It was one of the highlights of our trip.

In the afternoon before our M&G with Mulan we thought we'd try the Energy Ride and when we went over there we ran into our old CM friend! His name is Cliff and he squeaked both girls' mouse ears Not only that, but he REMEMBERED us! It was amazing I should have taken his picture!

We actually left the line before they let us in because we decided to get to Mulan and eat sooner, but I was so glad to see him!

I can't believe I left that out! Sorry guys.

So Cool

After the Mexico ride we left the World Showcase for the last time that day. RR remembered & demanded that we ride spaceship earth. Whose kid demands Spaceship Earth? Oh my little nerds. Don't get me wrong I love Spaceship Earth, but for a kid to yell for it just makes me laugh.

So, earlier I was stunned that DCiL hadn't ever ridden Journey into Imagination being a big fan of Epcot, DCiL was surprised that I had never sampled the soda from around the world at Club Cool.

We stopped to watch the fountain for a bit and than we sampled some crazy sodas. I don't remember which ones. The last one smelled like banana, but it did NOT taste like banana

It was fun though, I can't believe I never did that before.
Old 03-26-2014, 02:25 PM   #25
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Gotta Get Back in Time!

It was finally time to grant RR's request & hit Spaceship Earth. I remembered from over the summer, where the out of the way wheelchair entrance was. I took RR to wait by the door & DCiL went to park the stroller. While they were hiking back to us I held the door and directed two other wheelchair parties to the ride. Honorary CM, right here.

Then we made our way on & took a lovely trip through time...

Everyone enjoyed it RR was too short for the camera to see her so I held her up and apparently too close to me. As a result the figures had half my face half hers! It was ridiculous, I should have gotten a picture, but I was laughing too hard!

See ya Real Soon, Epcot

After we got off SE RR & I were still raring to go, but DCiL was worried about her dog needing to be let out back home.

We debated our course of action for a bit. RR wanted to ride Body Wars. Is that gone? I never found it on the map?

Anyway, we grabbed some cold drinks & made our way back to the car in the end.

RR conked out in minutes again (sorry no funny picture this time). About 30min from home DC texted that he was home & had let the dog out. Darn it! We could have stayed at WDW longer

Oh, well! We'll be back, RR & I still have another day left on our tickets...
Old 03-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #26
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

Body Wars was in the Wonders of Life Pavilion, which closed in 2006 or 2007.

It was a good ride but pretty intense for little kids.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:53 AM   #27
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHSweb79 View Post
Body Wars was in the Wonders of Life Pavilion, which closed in 2006 or 2007.

It was a good ride but pretty intense for little kids.
Nice! It closed before she was even born.

I guess I'd been away from WDW longer than I thought!
Old 03-31-2014, 11:31 AM   #28
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Fast passes booked for our 4/30 MK day! The Frozen M&G was gone this morning (duh!) so I'll try again for my Sept trip at 6am.

I got Cinderella & Rapunzel, Big Thunder & Splash Mountain. I think RR will be pleased.

I may change Splash Mountain, to Haunted Mansion because that's RR's favorite, but I think we'll just hit it early in the day.

Now the countdown begins!
Old 04-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #29
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

After an adorable discussion with RR I changed our Splash Mountain fast pass to Enchanted Tales with Belle.

And speaking of changes! Cast Change!

Staying the same:

RR
Me

New:

My DSis (on the left)

My DSis and I are close and she just moved into our area again, so it was times for a girls' WDW trip!

27 Days

Last edited by ElsasMom; 05-01-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:57 PM   #30
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

14 days!!

I miss WDW so much!!

DSis's Ticket Arrived!!

And I got us these awesome filtered water bottles:

I also had an interesting conversation with my DH:
Me: So...Are you going to get me a Disney Pass for Mother's Day?
DH: I know you had a dream about that.
Me: So, no then.
DH: Well, a dream is a wish your heart makes
Me: (laughing) very good. So, keep dreaming?
DH: No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing
Me: (laughing) Wow. Now you're getting my hopes up!

Tags
animal kingdom, disability, epcot, florida residents, magic kingdom

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: