Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #1
anagantios
Earning My Ears

What's the sitch with moving walkways at WDW?

I have some q's about the moving walkways at WDW. Where are they? How long/big are they? Do you have to use them to get on to most rides? Do they turn them off/slow them down if you have a service dog or make you take another route with the dog? Do you need a DAS to slow them down or will they just do it if you ask? Is there always another route to take or do you have to be able to get on them if you want to ride a ride?

I'm just wondering because my dog is very good on moving platforms like subways and boats and elevators, etc but I'm not sure how she will react to stepping on/off a constantly moving walkway, as we've never done it before. There's a good chance she won't care but I don't want to get up to a ride just to have her baulk at the last minute, so I thought having a bit more knowledge about them would help us plan and not worry! Thanks!
anagantios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:07 AM   #2
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Post 28 in the disAbilities FAQ thread (here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=595713) is about moving walkways.

Generally speaking, the walkways can be slowed or stopped at most rides except Peter Pan and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover. Just request this of the first CM you meet at any ride; don't wait until you are at the boarding area as that CM may not have the controls.

Enjoy your vacation!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

You don't need a DAS to slow the moving walkways; it is a situation where you ask at the attraction.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:27 PM   #4
anagantios
Earning My Ears

Oh, haha I probably should of checked the FAQ! Silly me, I used the search and wondered why I couldn't find anything on them. Thank you, that is very helpful.
anagantios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #5
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

IMHO dogs (and other animals walking) should not be on escalators or moving walkways. Too much of a chance of getting a foot caught.

Yes, I have seen a dog with his foot caught in an escalator (The escalator was stopped at the time I saw it).

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/disney.htm

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: