Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2014, 04:37 PM   #121
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Snacks @ Animal Kingdom

For lunch we didn't have an ADR (don't worry Yak & Yeti, we'll be back for you later!) but we did decide to stop by and get two of my favorite snacks!

First up were the fantastic...

Cinnamon glazed pecans. We did not feel very friendly, so decided not to share these. We each got our own.

Next up was...

The glorious, fantastic, amazing, jalapeno cream cheese pretzel. Again, we weren't feeling very friendly so we each decided to have our own.
JessicaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:41 AM   #122
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Dinner at Sanaa

Since we had a car this trip, we decided to try out Sanaa at the Villas @ Animal Kingdom Lodge. I really love Indian food, and thought this would be a nice change of pace.

We arrived a little early, which was ok as it gave us plenty of time to explore the grounds before checking in for dinner.

For months before our trip, I had been dreaming of the Naan bread service at Sanaa. I could seriously eat naan dipped in various sauces for my entire meal every day, all day.

So what happened when we got to Sanaa? I forgot alllllllll about the Naan bread. Until of course I saw waiters walking by with massive platters of Naan and dipping sauce. ::facepalm::

Our meal was still very delicious!

I started with an appetizer very similar to what I had at La Hacienda the night before...

Peri Peri Shrimp - Cucumber, Apples, and Cilantro $11.99

This was delicious and had a little kick of spice, but wasn't overwhelming. The shrimp were also cooked perfectly, and a nice improvement over La Hacienda's dish was that the tails had been removed. It was about the time that I was halfway through my appetizer that the Naan began coming out, and I shed a tiny tear (on the inside of course.)

Megan started with these...

Potato and Pea Samosas - choice of Tamarind or Mango Chutney $7.99

I can't stand peas, so did not try the samosas, but the little slaw in the middle there was amazing! It was super crisp and very vinegar-y (which is how I like my slaw!)

For entrees we pretty much went with the same thing. We both went with the

Sanaa Vegetarian Sampler - Choice of two served with Basmati Rice or Five-grain pilaf: Seasonal Greens and Tomatoes; Lentil Dhal; Paneer Tikka; Seasonal Vegetable Wat; Chana Masala $16.99

I ordered the Paneer Tikka aand the Chana Masala. I thought chana was chickpeas (which it is) but did not realize that it had this little addition...

Whoops! Those are peas. Our waiter was awesome and was able to switch this out for another dish of the Paneer Tikka. In hindsight, I wish I would have ordered the spicy Durban shrimp, but the Paneer Tikka was delicious and is one of my favorites!

Here is the Paneer Tikka over rice...

Megan also ordered the Paneer Tikka, and went with the seasonal vegetable wat.

We really enjoyed our entrees and it was great to see so many vegetarian options on the menu!

For dessert, I went with...

Dessert Trio - Tannzanian Chocolate Mousse, Coconut Cheesecake, Chai Cream $6.99

(I subbed an extra coconut cheesecake instead of the Tanzanian chocolate mousse.)

I thought everything was delicious, as well as the Chai Cream. I was glad I went with two of the cheesecakes because those were the clear winner!

And Megan went with...

Coconut Cheesecake - spiced berry compote $5.49

It was interesting to see the two different presentations of the same dessert. She was pleased to find that the mango sauce was real mango, and not artificial tasting.

Overall, we had a fantastic meal here and our service was wonderful! We can't wait to go back!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #123
ashleighbass06
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad you enjoyed Sanaa! That's one of my favorites! I forgot to try the bread service as well. Oh well, that just means we have to go back, right?
ashleighbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #124
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

Oh your food at Sanaa looks so good! What is in the dish you got, tofu? This is my first trip as a vegetarian so even though we've been a million times all the menus are kind of different for me! Love, love, love the bread service at Sanaa!

Jungle juice mimosa... OMG I must have this. I'm obsessed with mimosas, I've been quietly mourning the fact that the mimosas seem to be off the menu for Flower & Garden this year. morocco's booth had them last May and I got them so often the guys at the booth started to recognize me! YUM.

Love the chevron accent on your nails! I'm tempted to show that pic at my nail salon and ask for it for our trip (in 4 days!!) but I'm always afraid it'll come out "meh" and I'm so picky, I'd probably ask them to remove it if it was lousy lol.

Engaged in Animal Kingdom 9/19/09! Married in Walt Disney World 5/09/11!

Kimmers127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #125
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

Love your reviews! Any chance you might get to your CRT review by May 20 or be able to give me a preview? We'll be having breakfast there on that date and I've been trying to find recent reviews! haha
familyabgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:22 AM   #126
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleighbass06 View Post
I'm so glad you enjoyed Sanaa! That's one of my favorites! I forgot to try the bread service as well. Oh well, that just means we have to go back, right?
Agreed! Of all the places we tried, Sanaa is definitely one that is firmly on my "keep" list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmers127 View Post
Oh your food at Sanaa looks so good! What is in the dish you got, tofu? This is my first trip as a vegetarian so even though we've been a million times all the menus are kind of different for me! Love, love, love the bread service at Sanaa!

Jungle juice mimosa... OMG I must have this. I'm obsessed with mimosas, I've been quietly mourning the fact that the mimosas seem to be off the menu for Flower & Garden this year. morocco's booth had them last May and I got them so often the guys at the booth started to recognize me! YUM.

Love the chevron accent on your nails! I'm tempted to show that pic at my nail salon and ask for it for our trip (in 4 days!!) but I'm always afraid it'll come out "meh" and I'm so picky, I'd probably ask them to remove it if it was lousy lol.
The dish at Sanaa is Paneer cheese, but I did feel like it had a texture almost identical to extra firm tofu.

I hope you have a wonderful trip! I found something similar on Pinterest, but I got a gel manicure, and they didn't have any of the white that was "gel" so they used just normal polish, and within a day one hand was completely ruined and the white pain chipped right off and took the gel manicure with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
Love your reviews! Any chance you might get to your CRT review by May 20 or be able to give me a preview? We'll be having breakfast there on that date and I've been trying to find recent reviews! haha
I'm definitely not going to get to it before hand, because I'm sadly headed off to vacation this Friday. I would be happy to PM you the pictures and a bit about how our meal went though. I just don't have them uploaded on photobucket so I will need to wait till I get home!
Old 05-12-2014, 11:12 AM   #127
familyabgar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm definitely not going to get to it before hand, because I'm sadly headed off to vacation this Friday. I would be happy to PM you the pictures and a bit about how our meal went though. I just don't have them uploaded on photobucket so I will need to wait till I get home!
Oh, thanks! Pictures will be unnecessary (I can't wait for those), but would love to hear how your meal went. Thank you!!
familyabgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #128
archdandy
DIS Veteran

I've been meaning to try Sanaa for three trips now. I always waffle about going because while I know I would enjoy it, my DH isn't always the most adventurous eater. Everything looked good there though so maybe next trip will be the trip we try it

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
archdandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:46 PM   #129
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Yum Sanaa! That is weird that the two coconut cheesecakes were different. I really liked the coconut cheesecake as well.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:41 PM   #130
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed Sanaa in December . The winner for me was the bread service !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:28 AM   #131
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
I've been meaning to try Sanaa for three trips now. I always waffle about going because while I know I would enjoy it, my DH isn't always the most adventurous eater. Everything looked good there though so maybe next trip will be the trip we try it
It was really a great meal! This was probably one of my favorite dinners of our entire trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyabgar View Post
Oh, thanks! Pictures will be unnecessary (I can't wait for those), but would love to hear how your meal went. Thank you!!
I hope you enjoyed your meal there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Yum Sanaa! That is weird that the two coconut cheesecakes were different. I really liked the coconut cheesecake as well.
Definitely a great dessert! I wasn't sure about the spiced berry compote at first, but it was delicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I enjoyed Sanaa in December . The winner for me was the bread service !!!
I'm so sad that I forgot about it! But I do think I will be back for my next trip.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #132
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

count me in! everything looks so good!!!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #133
jesswindsor
DIS Veteran

Just caught up!!! Great Reviews so far, Can't wait to read more!!!
Old 06-26-2014, 12:40 PM   #134
mickeymouse108
Mouseketeer

all caught up its great seeing all the different places to eat to help plan where we will eat at our next trip.

1977 Magic Kingdom,1978 Magic Kingdom,1987 magic kingdom, epcot, 1991 Magic kingdom, epcot, MGM, 2000 Magic Kingdom, epcot,MGM, Animal Kingdom POR, 2006 Magic Kingdom, epcot,MGM,Animal Kingdom,2010 POR Cant wait, 2012 POP everywhere in the world we also go to see our daughters High school band perform at epcot melody gardens it was great :
mickeymouse108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:36 PM   #135
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
count me in! everything looks so good!!!
Thanks for joining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesswindsor View Post
Just caught up!!! Great Reviews so far, Can't wait to read more!!!
Welcome! I'm glad you stopped by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymouse108 View Post
all caught up its great seeing all the different places to eat to help plan where we will eat at our next trip.
Glad I could help!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: