Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #1
MooksterL1
Mouseketeer

Ohana's was excellent!

We had dinner at Ohana's last month and it was wonderful. It has been a must do for us for years, but I was very concerned with all of the changes and my son's recent soy allergy. The chef and server were great to work with and my son really enjoyed his meal without the anxiety that comes with a severe food allergy. It's nice that they take allergies so seriously.

The new lettuce wraps are very tasty. My 11 year old ate a ton. I noticed several reviews that said the meat was not well cooked, but thankfully it was perfect the night we were there. Well, what little I had was perfectly cooked. My dh and sons made quite a dent in the meat skewers and had zero complaints. No one seemed to miss the chicken. I am more of a potstickers, noodles and salad fan so I asked if it was possible to have the salad and the server brought one right out. We also had potstickers straight from the kitchen. Amazing! I could eat only those and be very happy.

My son is also allergic to food dye so he was given a huge bowl of ice cream minus the sprinkles. The banana bread pudding was delicious as always.

We will definitely go back next year.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #2
hckymominMI
Earning My Ears

I'm glad you had a good experience. I was going to book it for our last trip but due to some negative reviews and adr times that didn't quite work I skipped it. We might give it another try.
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2014, 02:03 PM   #3
JoeyEmmaMomma
Mouseketeer

Great to hear!

Me DH and our kiddies J (8) E(4) and W(11 months)

JoeyEmmaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:11 PM   #4
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
We had dinner at Ohana's last month and it was wonderful. It has been a must do for us for years, but I was very concerned with all of the changes and my son's recent soy allergy. The chef and server were great to work with and my son really enjoyed his meal without the anxiety that comes with a severe food allergy. It's nice that they take allergies so seriously.

The new lettuce wraps are very tasty. My 11 year old ate a ton. I noticed several reviews that said the meat was not well cooked, but thankfully it was perfect the night we were there. Well, what little I had was perfectly cooked. My dh and sons made quite a dent in the meat skewers and had zero complaints. No one seemed to miss the chicken. I am more of a potstickers, noodles and salad fan so I asked if it was possible to have the salad and the server brought one right out. We also had potstickers straight from the kitchen. Amazing! I could eat only those and be very happy.

My son is also allergic to food dye so he was given a huge bowl of ice cream minus the sprinkles. The banana bread pudding was delicious as always.

We will definitely go back next year.
Glad to know that they will still serve the salad when asked - a favorite with me! Maybe they quit serving it automatically as so many people said they did not eat it because they didn't want it to fill them up before the meats came. It was then such a terrible waste! I'm just opposite - the salad is a 'must do' for me before my meal.

It has always been one of my favorite meals and a 'must do' for us. And the bread pudding to sooo yummy - need some now!
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:13 PM   #5
MooksterL1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
Glad to know that they will still serve the salad when asked - a favorite with me! Maybe they quit serving it automatically as so many people said they did not eat it because they didn't want it to fill them up before the meats came. It was then such a terrible waste! I'm just opposite - the salad is a 'must do' for me before my meal.

It has always been one of my favorite meals and a 'must do' for us. And the bread pudding to sooo yummy - need some now!
The servers must field a lot of questions about the changes. When I requested the salad she mentioned that the staff wasn't happy with all of the changes.

They were very very busy so neither the menu nor construction seem to have impacted popularity at all.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:03 AM   #6
quakechicago
ADR-making addict!

I'm so looking forward to going back here!

Great review!
Old 08-24-2014, 09:11 AM   #7
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Great review! Headed back in Dec and am looking forward to the lettuce wraps.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #8
wdwpirates
Don't lose ya soul cuz it's all ya got. - DH

So great to hear! I'm looking forward to trying those lettuce wraps. I'm excited to sample all of the changes.

wdwpirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 08:26 PM   #9
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

I'm really happy to hear that everything was great! We have an ADR for Christmas day and are really looking forward to our meal here. I'm really excited about the lettuce wraps, it's good to know that you can still get a salad if it's requested.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:35 AM   #10
VictoriaDoesDisney
Earning My Ears

My boyfriend LOVES O'Hana but my choices are limited as I am a pescatarian and can only eat seafood. I wish they had just a couple more options for people who can't eat all of the other meats, just to make it feel worth the money.
VictoriaDoesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: