Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
Tina902
Earning My Ears

DAS Report at WDW

Or maybe a mini-report.

We are just back from a week-long trip with huge crowds. Combining FP+, touringplans.com,rope drop and the DAS we never waited more than 20 minutes for anything.

The CM at the MK issued the DAS quickly and without any issues or requests for clarifying issues.

I explained the DAS to my daughter as something that would give us return times like the old fast pass system and was designed to help out families that had issues with standing in lines for long periods of time. (In our case it is panic, anxiety and sensory issues.)

So on our DHS morning, we hit Toy Story Mania at rope drop, got a return time, did Tower of Terror, had breakfast at Starring Rolls and then did our return time on the DAS. We never used it at Epcot because that is a half day at best park for us so the FP+ took care of us there.

It worked especially well at AK and MK for our needs.

Since we had never had a GAC before, there was no expectation that it was a front of the line ticket. We would do things like grab a return time for Peter Pan as we walked by on our way to Tomorrowland and then circle back later. Or take the train to Splash and get a return time, use the FP+ for big thunder and then our time for Splash would be ready.

Or let's get some Dole Whip! Etc.

We also looked into some pixie dust with a few extra FP due to technical difficulties and one bout of terrible service at one dining establishment.

It was a good trip and the DAS made all the difference.
Tina902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:31 AM   #2
Aladora
DIS Veteran

Wonderful report!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2014, 11:42 AM   #3
bidnow5
DIS Veteran

Great glad it worked you are giving me hope for our October trip

bidnow5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #4
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina902 View Post
Or maybe a mini-report.

We are just back from a week-long trip with huge crowds. Combining FP+, touringplans.com,rope drop and the DAS we never waited more than 20 minutes for anything.

The CM at the MK issued the DAS quickly and without any issues or requests for clarifying issues.

I explained the DAS to my daughter as something that would give us return times like the old fast pass system and was designed to help out families that had issues with standing in lines for long periods of time. (In our case it is panic, anxiety and sensory issues.)

So on our DHS morning, we hit Toy Story Mania at rope drop, got a return time, did Tower of Terror, had breakfast at Starring Rolls and then did our return time on the DAS. We never used it at Epcot because that is a half day at best park for us so the FP+ took care of us there.

It worked especially well at AK and MK for our needs.

Since we had never had a GAC before, there was no expectation that it was a front of the line ticket. We would do things like grab a return time for Peter Pan as we walked by on our way to Tomorrowland and then circle back later. Or take the train to Splash and get a return time, use the FP+ for big thunder and then our time for Splash would be ready.

Or let's get some Dole Whip! Etc.

We also looked into some pixie dust with a few extra FP due to technical difficulties and one bout of terrible service at one dining establishment.

It was a good trip and the DAS made all the difference.
Thanks for the report. I'm glad it worked out well for you.
Maggie'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #5
chipsgirl
Earning My Ears

It's great to hear something positive about the DAS. Thanks for sharing!
chipsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:41 PM   #6
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm glad you had a wonderful trip!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: