Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2014, 11:19 PM   #1
mystic95
Mouseketeer

Which rides should we avoid???

Hi everybody,

My DH suffers from a seizure disorder and I am wondering which rides should he avoid.

We are going to DL the beginning of May (my 2nd time, his 1st time) and are celebrating the 25th anniversary of when we met/started dating, Mothers Day, and the honeymoon we never had (got married July 1997)

I had posted this question elsewhere, but was also told to post here, as I might get some better results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

First trip to Disneyland in June, 2013 (DS and I)
May 2014 trip to Disneyland (DH and I)
mystic95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:40 AM   #2
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

The answer is not necessarily any.

I don't have time for a long answer, but if you follow the link in my signature to the disABILITIES FAQs thread (or look for it near the top of this board), post 3 of that thread has more information and post 24 on page 2 of that thread has even more information.

Obviously, he should discuss with his doctor, but the biggest factors in lowering the seizure threshold are dehydration, forgetting or getting off schedule with medication and becoming overtired from lack of sleep/changes to the usual schedule.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2014, 06:53 AM   #3
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

I just noticed in your other thread that you are going to DL, not WDW.

The general information in the places I posted will still be helpful - especially what to do if you encounter lights that you are concerned about.
The ride list in post 24 is for WDW, but the same attractions at DL will have similar lighting.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:44 AM   #4
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

It really depends on what triggers his seizures. You didn't provide this information.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:26 PM   #5
mystic95
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
The answer is not necessarily any. I don't have time for a long answer, but if you follow the link in my signature to the disABILITIES FAQs thread (or look for it near the top of this board), post 3 of that thread has more information and post 24 on page 2 of that thread has even more information. Obviously, he should discuss with his doctor, but the biggest factors in lowering the seizure threshold are dehydration, forgetting or getting off schedule with medication and becoming overtired from lack of sleep/changes to the usual schedule.

Thanks for the link.... His Dr said he should be okay with the rides. And if he feels like lights are starting to effect him, to shut his eyes until it's over and not to ride that one again....

Yes!!!! He is on a strict schedule of taking his meds, but I will make sure to keep him very well hydrated... And definitely will make sure he doesn't become over tired and gets plenty of sleep. Especially since his are mostly brought on by lack of sleep. Lights can trigger them, but usually only do if the lack of sleep thing is involved...

First trip to Disneyland in June, 2013 (DS and I)
May 2014 trip to Disneyland (DH and I)
mystic95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: