Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2014, 07:19 AM   #316
DisMom1981
DIS Veteran

Happy hot, humid, and stormy fourth! LOL

Pre -Trip Report for August 2014 (In progress)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3215904

July 2012 Disney Fantasy
August 2013 Walt Disney World - Pop Century
DisMom1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:00 AM   #317
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

I really need to start popping in more than once a week. I'm all kinds of behind! LOL.

The Dismeet/podcast event sounded like a huge success! I'm very fond of Make-a-Wish and GKTW is a place I would love to go volunteer at. I'm cracking up at the "Amber G" vs "Amberg" thing... especially since it sounds like "Hamburg" which is a town right near me. (Rhymes with "Amberg"...LOL. Not like the German version!)

I wish Hershey was a little bit closer. I love being places... I just hate getting to them

Yay for winning the Elsa dress! Peter looks stunning in it!!

Splitting up for date night makes me laugh. Glad Judi enjoyed her relaxation... although I think smelling like chocolate would be amazing thing. Also looks like you had fun on your solo excursion!

Those desserts are making me drool!!!

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2014, 10:13 AM   #318
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom1981 View Post
Happy hot, humid, and stormy fourth! LOL
Same to you! We had quite the rain but it tapered off right around when our annual party began. So we started off inside but were able to move outside for most of the party and the sun ever broke out for a bit.

Here are pictures of Olivia and Peter holding sparklers ... and of course wearing patriotic Disney clotes

BTW - I have more pics of the party up on Facebook so if anyone who hasn't already wants to shoot me a friend request, let me know

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09

Last edited by TheMaxRebo; 07-06-2014 at 10:25 AM.
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:22 AM   #319
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
I really need to start popping in more than once a week. I'm all kinds of behind! LOL.
seriously - a lot can happen in a DISweek

Quote:
The Dismeet/podcast event sounded like a huge success! I'm very fond of Make-a-Wish and GKTW is a place I would love to go volunteer at. I'm cracking up at the "Amber G" vs "Amberg" thing... especially since it sounds like "Hamburg" which is a town right near me. (Rhymes with "Amberg"...LOL. Not like the German version!)
Definitely does seem like a good charity and they use a ton of volunteers at the facility. They said $0.94 of each dollar donated goes right to the programs which is pretty cool.

It was funny especially b/c Amber said she knew that was going to happen and first chance ... yup, it happened!

Quote:
I wish Hershey was a little bit closer. I love being places... I just hate getting to them

Yay for winning the Elsa dress! Peter looks stunning in it!!
I know! They really need to get on that whole teleporter thing! Would be cool to be able to live anywhere you want and yet get to anywhere you want whenever you want instantaneously!

Quote:
Splitting up for date night makes me laugh. Glad Judi enjoyed her relaxation... although I think smelling like chocolate would be amazing thing. Also looks like you had fun on your solo excursion!

Those desserts are making me drool!!!
It was great that we actually got some alone time but time together as well. The desserts were really good!

oh, and I can post this too - someone made this strawberry chocolate trifle thing for our party on the 4th - it was sooooo good!

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
Old 07-06-2014, 11:25 AM   #320
annie170
Mouseketeer

Caught up, again.

DIS meet, time at a spa (brewery in your case), a fabulous dinner, equals a perfect anniversary weekend!

What a great photo of Peter wearing the Elsa dress for future bribery!

Glad you had a nice 4th! Judi's getting close to the due date, right? Very exciting!
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:38 PM   #321
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a wonderful date for you guys!! I just ate McDonalds on the road so your food you describe just doesn't hold a candle.. Obviously

I'm jealous of the Frozen things going on at DHS... Do you think they will have anything going on in the future? As good as Frozen has done.. I'd be surprised if they didn't have something at one of the parks permanently in the future.

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:46 PM   #322
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie170 View Post
Caught up, again.

DIS meet, time at a spa (brewery in your case), a fabulous dinner, equals a perfect anniversary weekend!

What a great photo of Peter wearing the Elsa dress for future bribery!

Glad you had a nice 4th! Judi's getting close to the due date, right? Very exciting!
Thanks for catching up!

It was a pretty good anniversary weekend and fun to just do something different rather than just Dinner and a Movie ... granted those evenings sound pretty exotic too when you having little kids

yeah, a bit over 2 weeks away at this point from eviction date!

Old 07-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #323
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
Sounds like a wonderful date for you guys!! I just ate McDonalds on the road so your food you describe just doesn't hold a candle.. Obviously

I'm jealous of the Frozen things going on at DHS... Do you think they will have anything going on in the future? As good as Frozen has done.. I'd be surprised if they didn't have something at one of the parks permanently in the future.
well, what does compare to Mc-e-dees anyway?!?!?

Well, there are always tons of rumors for what they will do for Frozen .. adding a float to the MK parade or overlaying Maelstrom with a Frozen theme or a brand new Frozen ride in open space next to Norway

I am thinking having the whole big thing is probably just going to be for the summer but maybe they will keep some of it - like the sing-a-long or something that is in the space that isn't really being used in DHS. Heck, maybe keep the ice skating rink - people would probably get a kick out of doing that in Florida any way

Old 07-06-2014, 02:19 PM   #324
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Pre Trip Report: Part 24 - I guess everything's wrapped up in a neat little package!

Pre Trip Report: Part 24 - I guess everything's wrapped up in a neat little package!

well, this will be a short update with little to no pictures but thought I would provide an update ...

I got Judi's Anna & Elsa FP+ moved to overlap with Olivia's and mine!

She's actually now set at the exact same time as Olivia (starting at 10:40) and I start at 10:50 - so practically all the same. And we will now all overlap with Lauren (Imagineer5) and Aria which is great!

I basically just had been checking every 5 minutes over the past week or so and it came up last night! And I was able to then move Judi and Olivia's Mine train one to be the exact same time as mine - so all of a sudden we basically have it all lined up now!

And then this morning I figured out how to move just my FP+ from Soarin' to Test Track, so now using rider switch we should be able to get on both!

And if you are wondering how to do it what I noticed was that when selecting a new time for an attraction it would let you select which people to apply the change to - so I changed the time for just me which separated the selection into two separate ones. Then I change the assigned attraction for just me to Test Track, then changed the time for my Test Track one to a time that worked better for us. It was almost too easy!

oh one other thing to mention, I have been using a travel agency for this trip - mostly to help with the hotel as we haven't stayed on site for a while and have never used AP/Disney Visa discounts or anything and our agent has been a big help with that - as I have wanted to look at lots of different options and we've already changed hotels and number of days, etc. But I have found that in some areas I have known more things than he has.

In this case when I asked him about moving just my FP+ attraction he informed me it was impossible to do - but obviously I figured out it isn't.

Also, when first making my ADRs he informed my that the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party could only be made 60 days out, but I knew it had changed to 180 days out and made that on my own and informed him of it. He also mentioned that there was no need to made FP+ at midnight 60 days out as there are no issues making them. My response to that was only three words "Anna and Elsa"

It's also making me think I could be a Disney Travel Agent in my spare time

Hope you all are enjoying the rest of your holiday weekend!
TTFN

Old 07-06-2014, 03:34 PM   #325
Li Li
Mouseketeer

Congrats on changing all the times to coincide!! Must be a good feeling that everything had worked out.

I'm sorry; I'm sure travel agents are nice, but it would drive me CRAZY if I knew more than the travel agent!
Li Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:19 PM   #326
MidnightParade
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the time changes! So happy that worked out for you!! (I love Milhouse!)

lol, I've thought about doing the Disney Travel Agent thing, seriously how much fun would that be!?!
MidnightParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:22 PM   #327
KatMark
DIS Veteran

for being to get your Anna and Elsa FP+ to overlap for you. That's great news and I know a huge load off your mind. I'm glad you were able to switch the Mine Train as well and also fix your Test Track.

It's amazing how much more one can know over a TA.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:12 PM   #328
horse11
DIS Veteran

Sorry posting a little late here but wanted to say I am loving your date night!!!
Everything from the spa to the romantic dinner sounds heavenly. The problem I see smelling like chocolate would be it would make me hungry all day. I can not tell you just how important date night is for us. We swear it is what helps keep our children alive. Just getting caught up on your TR and will be looking forward to see what is next!
horse11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:30 PM   #329
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Li View Post
Congrats on changing all the times to coincide!! Must be a good feeling that everything had worked out.

I'm sorry; I'm sure travel agents are nice, but it would drive me CRAZY if I knew more than the travel agent!
it's mostly relief I am glad to not have to worry about that though

Yeah, not sure if I will go the TA route again. It has been nice with the hotel situation but that is about it. I think the fact he is giving out incorrect information that annoys me the most

Old 07-06-2014, 07:34 PM   #330
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightParade View Post
Congrats on the time changes! So happy that worked out for you!! (I love Milhouse!)

lol, I've thought about doing the Disney Travel Agent thing, seriously how much fun would that be!?!
Thanks - I'm pretty happy too (and I use that "Everythings coming up ... " phrase probably at least once a month )

I'm only half joking when I mentioned that - if I could do that on the side and then increase how much I did if I ever really get sick of corporate life I would definitely do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
for being to get your Anna and Elsa FP+ to overlap for you. That's great news and I know a huge load off your mind. I'm glad you were able to switch the Mine Train as well and also fix your Test Track.

It's amazing how much more one can know over a TA.
Thank you Kathy! I am glad I got it settled and don't have to worry about it. I know right! And given how much knowledge is out there for free on the internet makes me even more annoyed at the people that show up at Disney without doing any homework and expect to be able to do everything with no waits, etc ... or worse, complain there is nothing to do there b/c they never looked into what there is!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: