Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2014, 11:27 PM   #16
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure how I missed your link to the new PTR but i'm here and caught up!

I've been hearing about how difficult it is to find an Elsa dress anywhere! And I guess even on ebay, people are selling those dresses for astronomical amounts. The one you purchased on etsy is absolutely adorable! She'll look amazing in it

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #17
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlinnf View Post
I'm in! This looks like it will be a great trip! Our Oct reservations are for a Royal Room too, because we got a bounceback offer last week but it wasn't good for our original standard king room reservation.

Oh, and I think you should totally name the baby TBD.
That's great that you got a bounce back trip! Yeah, naming the kid TBD would like that story of the person who damed their daughter Female (pronounced Fee-mah-lay)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Following along!
Yeah! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
WOO HOO a PTR! I'm in! Your plans sound good so far!
Thanks! Pretty happy with what we got - excited to be able to customized the MB and do the whole FP+ planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlesista View Post
Hi! I followed you on over and am so excited to hear about your new baby and August vacation plans!! Congratulations on the new addition to your beautiful family and I like your reasoning method for planning a trip to Disney!!
Thank you! We are excited about both ... plus a baby update in the below PTR update

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #18
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
I'm not sure how I missed your link to the new PTR but i'm here and caught up!

I've been hearing about how difficult it is to find an Elsa dress anywhere! And I guess even on ebay, people are selling those dresses for astronomical amounts. The one you purchased on etsy is absolutely adorable! She'll look amazing in it
Glad you made it! Haven't missed too much yet.

Yeah, I am hearing just ridiculous stories and there are some amazing ones available of Esty going for like $2,000. Happy with the one we got, we also got a super cute Olaf shirt for Peter for the Frozen party as well

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
Old 03-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #19
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Pre Trip Report: Part 4 - Ticket and MB update ... and baby update as well

Pre Trip Report: Part 4 - Ticket and MB update ... and baby update as well

Couple of things to update today

First, I did get the tickets for Judi and Olivia through the Official Ticket Center as they were delaying the price increases. They also had an offer going where you got a free 5th day on a 4 day ticket. So I wound up getting 5-day tickets for them for $50 total LESS than what 4 day tickets would be if I got them right from Disney

They, along with my AP, have been attached to our reservation and our MB have been picked out (Olivia of course had to have pink).

Then I noticed that there were 2 MB orders in my account - apparently they are sending out MB to everyone with an annual pass, so I will have 2. I had them ship the AP one now so that I can start playing around with pretend booking FP+ to see how things work out.

That's it today as far as the trip goes .....

baby update:

This morning we had Judi's 20 week check-up during which we were able to find out that we are having another girl!

While we were perfectly happy with either option, this is a good result because of two reasons:
1) Olivia really, REALLY, wanted a sister so we did not relish the thought of having to tell her it was another boy
2) We had a girl's name picked out but couldn't decide on a boys ... so now we don't need to worry about it!

Oh, and here is the first released picture of her - already weighing a healthy 13oz:

(hope that didn't cross some TMI line)

Old 03-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #20
missangelalexis
DIS Veteran

Awesome that you were able to save some $$ and that you are receiving your AP magic band!

Congrats on adding another princess to the family!! Very exciting!!

WDW Visits: 1993, 1997
Disneyland/California Adventure Visit: 6/26/12
Pop Century with DBF: 1/4/13-1/12/13 - MNSSHP/F&W trip with Mom & Dad: 10/5/13-10/12/13

missangelalexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:29 PM   #21
caitlinnf
Mouseketeer

Congratulations! Baby girls are awesome.
caitlinnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:59 PM   #22
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Thank you ... also yeah for planning another trip - that's half the fun! which probably says more about me than Disney
I'm right there with ya. I'm seriously considering planning a trip a year and a half from now that I have no guarantees of ever taking!

Congratulations!!!! I love it when I can tell that the sonogram picture is of a baby. A coworker handed me hers once and I flipped it every which way and couldn't for the life of me figure out where the baby was.

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #23
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Glad you made it! Haven't missed too much yet.

Yeah, I am hearing just ridiculous stories and there are some amazing ones available of Esty going for like $2,000. Happy with the one we got, we also got a super cute Olaf shirt for Peter for the Frozen party as well
You have got to be kidding me Those little girls better get married in those dresses later on

I'll need to check out the Official Ticket Center and Undercover Tourist to compare prices soon..

Yay for girly baby news! I bet Olivia is super happy that a baby sister is coming soo

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #24
middlesista
Mouseketeer

A baby girl - so much fun! Now all those princess dresses can be recycled!

Me DH DD DSIL DGD(5yr) DGD(2yr)

1975 OS 1978 DL 1986, 1988, 1990, 1995 Poly 2000 CBR2002, 2003 OS 2012, 2014 POFQ
middlesista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:17 PM   #25
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

I am onboard and looking forward to the rest of your plans! Congrats on the your Pending Princess

Oct 2013 - 5 days (offsite hotel)
Feb 2009 -3 days (offsite hotel)
Oct 2004 - Week (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Feb 1998 - Week (offsite hotel)
Fall 1993 - Week (offsite hotel)
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #26
annie170
Mouseketeer

Congrats on the new baby girl! Glad to hear all is well! Are you sharing the name or will she be known as "TBD" for the time being?

Smart move getting those tickets before the price increase.
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:10 PM   #27
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
Awesome that you were able to save some $$ and that you are receiving your AP magic band!

Congrats on adding another princess to the family!! Very exciting!!
Thank you - happy to just have pulled the trigger on the tickets rather than 2nd guessing myself and waiting. And thank you as well for the congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlinnf View Post
Congratulations! Baby girls are awesome.
Thank you! And having a baby boy showed us how different they can be - definitely ready for another baby girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
I'm right there with ya. I'm seriously considering planning a trip a year and a half from now that I have no guarantees of ever taking!
I know! One of the reasons I found writing the TR from our last trip so positive was it kept that trip alive rather than needing to plan the next one ... once I finished the TR though, all bets were off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
Congratulations!!!! I love it when I can tell that the sonogram picture is of a baby. A coworker handed me hers once and I flipped it every which way and couldn't for the life of me figure out where the baby was.
Thank you! Yeah, we were happy that we got a number of good sonogram pictures and just so need to see them as they point out the arms and little feet and stuff ... less so when they pointed out my wife's bladder

Old 03-16-2014, 06:17 PM   #28
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annie170 View Post
Congrats on the new baby girl! Glad to hear all is well! Are you sharing the name or will she be known as "TBD" for the time being?

Smart move getting those tickets before the price increase.
Thank you! You'll have to read the next post to see the name of the new baby *cheap plug*

Yeah, I was pretty happy with how things worked out with the tickets, and also glad to have that decision made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakkira View Post
I am onboard and looking forward to the rest of your plans! Congrats on the your Pending Princess
Welcome! and Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by middlesista View Post
A baby girl - so much fun! Now all those princess dresses can be recycled!
haha - yes we will get some re-use out of those dresses! Thought I also can't wait until I get get them dressed up as the same princess

Quote:
You have got to be kidding me Those little girls better get married in those dresses later on

I'll need to check out the Official Ticket Center and Undercover Tourist to compare prices soon..
I know, at least these dresses looked pretty darn impressive and in some ways easier to see the cost for those vs the people that want like $300 for the regular Disney costumes that retail for like $40.

Quote:
Yay for girly baby news! I bet Olivia is super happy that a baby sister is coming soo
Thank you! Olivia is super, super excited. I was not relishing the thought of having to tell her it was another boy

Old 03-16-2014, 06:34 PM   #29
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Pre Trip Report: Part 5 - Re-booking our resort ... and baby name!

Pre Trip Report: Part 5 - Re-booking our resort ... and baby name!

Welp, a couple more smallish things, but did want to keep things moving along.

Some summer discounts came out and Disney Visa holders got early access, so with that, for now we have re-booked into the Royal Room at PO Riverside. So no change yet, just that now the cost for our stay is ~$200 cheaper, so I will take that.

Contemplating moving to the Contemporary (would do Poly but just scared of the construction) but still exploring pricing options.

The other news is that I have updated MDE with the new baby's name, so without further ado .....

So far everyone we have mentioned the name to is happy with it and we don't know many other "Emma" babies yet (we thought we were being kind of original with "Olivia" but there were like 4 in her pre-school class and one of her good friends is also named Olivia ... they refer to each other as the "Other Olivia")

We have Olivia's friend Tara's Frozen themed birthday party on Saturday so i will probably do an update from that - at least with Olivia and Peter in their Frozen outfits.

TTFN

Old 03-16-2014, 08:18 PM   #30
annie170
Mouseketeer

Lovely name! I love how she'll have her own magic band, too!
annie170 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: