Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2014, 11:50 AM   #136
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Yay!! You'll be able to walk right over to the TotWL!! Cool! So excited for you. I think you might get hooked on deluxe, at least the beach club did that to us! Haha. Maybe if some pool time lines up we can plan that. After how fun Disneyland was and how much time we spent at the pool I want to plan to visit at least almost every day!
Pool time lining up would be great! I am sure Peter and Aria would have fun together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Btw I added chef mickeys for breakfast. I bet getting a table for 7 might be impossible but just wanted to throw it out there hahaa. I made that for Wednesday the 27th.

Anyway excited to hear the news! Def with 3 kids and the stroller being on the monorail is the way to go!
Thanks for the offer and we would be interested in looking into that - but the morning of Wed the 27th we have an ADR for breakfast at CRT already.

Thanks, we are excited too! and think we will come away thinking it was all worth it when we can just get on/off the monorail more often than not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Khaleesi View Post
The Contemporary! That sounds awesome! As much as I love POR, The Contemporary is a dream of mine to stay at. Your kids are going to love it, I'm sure. Can't beat that monorail, can you?
It's always been one place I've wanted to stay as I love the history of it and how it got built and just the significant place it holds in making Disney World a success, so I am very excited to make it a reality (though I wish they still had 1971 prices )

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightParade View Post
I don't know if I have actually commented before, but I have been following along!

Yay Contemporary!! That's going to be fantastic! I'm so envious of the view and being on the monorail You're trip just going to be that much more exciting now!
Welcome - thanks for commenting and joing the madness, er, fun! I am very much looking forward to the view and just thinking that if there are days we have to cut short or miss out on things at the park, being able to watch Wishes from the balcony will make it seem not as bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovedonaldduck View Post
The one time we stayed at BLT, we absolutely loved being able to walk to MK, even better than the monorail. Very exciting twist to your trip!
Yes, I aim to be exciting with my twists! I will have to be careful from here on in if I tease any others that they have to live up to this one Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at BLT

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:57 AM   #137
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Oh what an exciting update!! I've never stayed there, so I have no advice but I'm still really happy for you guys, being on the monorail looks so incredibly awesome and convenient.
Thank you! I am really betting on the convenient factor so I hope that turns out to be the case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Yay that's awesome! What a fun upgrade. You guys will totally love it, especially for the location, after a long day/night at the MK.

Can't give you any tips on room location, since we stayed at BLT, but the Contemporary thread has LOTS of tips and I think they have a chart of the rooms so you know what to ask for when making requests (high floor, odd or even numbered room, etc)
Yeah, that is what we are thinking - after a long day, but also to make the mid-day breaks that much easier as well

Thanks for the thought of going over to the Contemporary thread for tips! I did read up there a bit before pulling the trigger but haven't been able to get through the whole thing yet so hadn't seen the request tips yet, but will definitely check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missangelalexis View Post
Staying at the Contemporary, WOW! That is awesome for you guys! I don't have any tips, but I hope it does live up to your expectation! I imagine the ease of just getting on the monorail to get to MK, as well as theme park view, will not disappoint though
I am hopeful that it will live up to the expectations since the things I am counting on are the view and the monorail .. so as long a the monorail doesn't break (*just knocked on wood*) I think we should be ok. I think having the extra pull down bed so the kids don't have to share will help a lot too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm behind everywhere (I leave in two weeks for my trip and work has been kicking my butt...I can't even update my own PTR).

I LOVE the Mother's Day "hands" from the kids...those are terrific!

Congrats on the move to the Contemporary. We've not stayed since 1989, but my kids loved watching the monorail.
Seriously - isn't a pain when work gets in the way of important things!

Thanks - I am happy with how hands came out and thinking of other similar crafts to make - possible connected to pictures from our Disney trip (wow, did I just accidentally throw another tease out there?)

Thank you! I think Peter will really get a kick out of the "train" coming through the building

**In Progress** Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2014, 05:02 PM   #138
khaleesi
Life is a Special Occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
just a note the "dancing guys" are actually Dancing Barb's that I made using the head of the CM Barb that frequents Main St. ...
Awesome!!

I think it would be really cool to be able to look out your window and see the castle!! So yay!!

Trying hard to figure out a way to get to The World in December 2015. Stay tuned!

Love and pixie dust,
Sue
khaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:23 PM   #139
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Congrats on upgrading to the Contemporary. Have not stayed there, but I'm sure it will be great. Not only the monorail, but the option to walk to/from the MK is so nice (especially if the monorail is down, like it was once on our trip). For room tips, the Unofficial Guide usually has recommendations on specific rooms to ask for, but I don't remember what it says for the Contemporary. I bet you'll have an amazing view, though!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:49 AM   #140
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Hi! I just read your TR from last year after searching for F&W reviews, and was hooked, so I decided to join in here! Your family is adorable-- and congrats on the next baby!
We actually live two towns over from you (Brewster), so it's fun to read about all the familiar sites (White Plains, etc.). I'm also dyingg to get down to the city to see Aladdin. Fingers crossed for my birthday!
Yay to the Contemporary upgrade! We upgraded to the WL from POR last year and can't go back. The WL owns us now!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #141
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaleesi View Post
Awesome!!

I think it would be really cool to be able to look out your window and see the castle!! So yay!!
I agree! Though, I am worried that after this trip we won't be able to go back to a regular-old Disney view anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Congrats on upgrading to the Contemporary. Have not stayed there, but I'm sure it will be great. Not only the monorail, but the option to walk to/from the MK is so nice (especially if the monorail is down, like it was once on our trip). For room tips, the Unofficial Guide usually has recommendations on specific rooms to ask for, but I don't remember what it says for the Contemporary. I bet you'll have an amazing view, though!
Than you! Judi doesn't seem keen on the walk no matter how short but we shall see - definitely nice to at least have that option if the monorail is down.

Thanks for the tip - from reading a few places the main tips for requests I see are to request the 9th floor or higher to minimize the view of the convention center roof and to request an odd number room so that the bed is positioned so you can see the MK while lying in bed as opposed to being positioned the other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Hi! I just read your TR from last year after searching for F&W reviews, and was hooked, so I decided to join in here! Your family is adorable-- and congrats on the next baby!
We actually live two towns over from you (Brewster), so it's fun to read about all the familiar sites (White Plains, etc.). I'm also dyingg to get down to the city to see Aladdin. Fingers crossed for my birthday!
Yay to the Contemporary upgrade! We upgraded to the WL from POR last year and can't go back. The WL owns us now!
Wow - thanks! Glad you are here! That's so funny that we are two towns over but "meet" in a pre-trip report. We live on the western edge of Mahopac near the Taconic Parkway ... right up the road from Holy Smoke bar-b-q if you know where that is.

Hope that you get the Aladdin tickets for your birthday - we definitely enjoyed it! I think that is now becoming one of my bigger worries - that in the future we won't be able to "slum it" at a moderate anymore. Though, I guess if that is my biggest problem my life is pretty darn good

Old 05-19-2014, 02:44 PM   #142
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Pre Trip Report: Part 14 - Arts and Crafts projects

No big updates, but I have been thinking of ways to commemorate the trip. One thing I am hoping to do is a "real" video (as opposed to the collection of pictures I did last time) and thinking of scenes I want to ensure I get that match up with songs I am planning to use in the background.

Another project I am thinking of doing is building off of the "hands" project I did for Mother's Day and that is to create a bit of an ABC chart, but for each letter I would fill in the inside of a block style letter with pictures from our trip that tart with that letter.

If this takes off I will probably add this to the first post to keep track of things but if anyone has suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. (I am sure I am missing some obvious things)

Below is my start:
  • A - Ariel, apple, Anna, Aurora
  • B - Belle, Beast, Big Thunder Mountain, bread pudding, Barnstormer, Buzz
  • C - Cinderella, Contemporary, castle, candy, Carousel, Carousel of Progress, cupcakes
  • D - Donald, Daisy, Duck, Darth Vader, Dwarfs, Dolewhip, Dinosaur
  • E - Eiffel, Earfel, Ears, Elsa, Eyeore, Expedition Everest
  • F - Fairy, Fairy Godmother, Figment, Frozen, FastPass+
  • G - Goofy, Gray Stuff, Gaston, Great Movie Ride
  • H - Haunted Mansion, Hall of Presidents, Hollywood, Hollywood Brown Derby
  • I - Ice Cream, Italy, It's a Small World, Incredibles
  • J - Journey into the Imagination, Jasmine, Jungle Cruise
  • K - Kiss, Kermit, Ketchup, Kali River Rapids, Kilimanjaro Safari
  • L - Lion King, Lady Tremaine, Living with the Land, Little Mermaid, Lumiere
  • M - Mickey, Minnie, Mouse, Mine Train, Monorail, Maelstrom, Muppets, Main St.
  • N - Neverland, Nemo, Norway
  • O - Orangebird, O’Canada, Once upon a Toy, 'Ohana
  • P - Peter Pan, Peoplemover, Pirates, Philarmagic, princesses
  • Q - Queen, queue
  • R - Robin Hood, Rapunzel, Rafiki, Railroad
  • S - Snow White, Splash Mountain, Stacey, Scuttle
  • T - Test Track, Tomorrowland, Toy Story, Tigger, Tea Cups, Tree of Life
  • U - Under the Sea, Ursula, United Kingdom, Umbrella,
  • V - Vanellope, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Villains,
  • W - Winnie the Pooh, Wait times, Walt, Woody, Waterfall
  • X - X-wing, X marks the spot
  • Y - Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe, Yeti, Yesterday,
  • Z - Zorro, Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, Zurg,

By the way, I got the idea to do an alphabet from a Muppet one I saw on DarkInk ... so thinking something like this, just with picture collages:

TTFN

Old 05-19-2014, 02:47 PM   #143
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post

No big updates, but I have been thinking of ways to commemorate the trip. One thing I am hoping to do is a "real" video (as opposed to the collection of pictures I did last time) and thinking of scenes I want to ensure I get that match up with songs I am planning to use in the background.

Another project I am thinking of doing is building off of the "hands" project I did for Mother's Day and that is to create a bit of an ABC chart, but for each letter I would fill in the inside of a block style letter with pictures from our trip that tart with that letter.

If this takes off I will probably add this to the first post to keep track of things but if anyone has suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. (I am sure I am missing some obvious things)

Below is my start:
  • A - Ariel, apple, Anna, Aurora
  • B - Belle, Beast, Big Thunder Mountain, bread pudding, Barnstormer, Buzz
  • C - Cinderella, Contemporary, castle, candy, Carousel, Carousel of Progress, cupcakes
  • D - Donald, Daisy, Duck, Darth Vader, Dwarfs, Dolewhip, Dinosaur
  • E - Eiffel, Earfel, Ears, Elsa, Eyeore, Expedition Everest
  • F - Fairy, Fairy Godmother, Figment, Frozen, FastPass+
  • G - Goofy, Gray Stuff, Gaston, Great Movie Ride
  • H - Haunted Mansion, Hall of Presidents, Hollywood, Hollywood Brown Derby
  • I - Ice Cream, Italy, It's a Small World, Incredibles
  • J - Journey into the Imagination, Jasmine, Jungle Cruise
  • K - Kiss, Kermit, Ketchup, Kali River Rapids, Kilimanjaro Safari
  • L - Lion King, Lady Tremaine, Living with the Land, Little Mermaid, Lumiere
  • M - Mickey, Minnie, Mouse, Mine Train, Monorail, Maelstrom, Muppets, Main St.
  • N - Neverland, Nemo, Norway
  • O - Orangebird, O’Canada, Once upon a Toy, 'Ohana
  • P - Peter Pan, Peoplemover, Pirates, Philarmagic, princesses
  • Q - Queen, queue
  • R - Robin Hood, Rapunzel, Rafiki, Railroad
  • S - Snow White, Splash Mountain, Stacey, Scuttle
  • T - Test Track, Tomorrowland, Toy Story, Tigger, Tea Cups, Tree of Life
  • U - Under the Sea, Ursula, United Kingdom, Umbrella,
  • V - Vanellope, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Villains,
  • W - Winnie the Pooh, Wait times, Walt, Woody, Waterfall
  • X - X-wing, X marks the spot
  • Y - Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe, Yeti, Yesterday,
  • Z - Zorro, Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, Zurg,

By the way, I got the idea to do an alphabet from a Muppet one I saw on DarkInk ... so thinking something like this, just with picture collages:

TTFN
Love this idea. A few that popped into my head: D -- Dumbo, P -- Piglet

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:52 PM   #144
MidnightParade
DIS Veteran

Love the idea of a video! I have seen some that just make me laugh and then cry(in a good way...I guess, lol!) excited to see see what you do with it!

Some random ones off the top of my head....

A - Astro Orbiter!
P - Pooh
S - Soar'in
O - Olaf
MidnightParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 10:51 AM   #145
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Love the idea of the video, while I was reading that, "Best Day of my Life" by American Authors was on the radio, could be a good one to use for your video, unless you're going with all disney songs!
The letters idea is really cool too, but I admit that everything I thought of, you already had. I'll keep thinking. Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #146
MarbleBob
DIS Veteran

I love the idea of the Alphabet!!! So cool.

I usually take a camcorder on our trips too. I've never made a fancy vacation video with transitions or music, but we love watching the old footage. One thing that I really like doing is getting the kids reactions to things on video. For example, when we are in line for a ride, I ask them what they are in line for, what they think it's going to be like (scary, silly, thrilling, etc.) and so on. And then when we get off the ride, I capture their expressions. "Dad, that was awesome!!" And the other thing I like to do periodically is take turns asking them questions towards the end of the day like, "what was the funniest thing that happened today?", "What was the best thing that happened today?", "Did anything bum you out today?" Etc. It's fun to go back and watch their responses several years later
Trip Reports: (In Progress) Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho. It's off to the Grand Floridian We Go! (6/2014) | Back to the Drawing Board - Missouri to Disneyland (10/2013) | A visit to Walt's Happy Place - Marceline, MO (9/2012)

1981 Off Property, 1988 CBR, 1998 CBR (Honeymoon!!!), 2002 POFQ, 2003 Poly, 2005 WL, 2006 POP, 2007 WL, 2009 ASMo, 2009 POFQ, 2010 WL, 2010 DCL Wonder, 2010 DLR HOJO, 2010 PORS, 2011 off property, 2011 Bonnet Creek (DISApalooza 2011), 2012 DCL Dream, 2013 Disneyland Hotel, 2014 Grand Floridian

MarbleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:50 PM   #147
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love this idea. A few that popped into my head: D -- Dumbo, P -- Piglet
Thank you - and those are great - especially Dumbo, definitely will use that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightParade View Post
Love the idea of a video! I have seen some that just make me laugh and then cry(in a good way...I guess, lol!) excited to see see what you do with it!

Some random ones off the top of my head....

A - Astro Orbiter!
P - Pooh
S - Soar'in
O - Olaf
Yeah some of the videos really are great - I think that is the main reason I want to do one, so that I have that memory!

Thanks for the suggestion, and funny because I totally meant to include Olaf!

Old 05-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #148
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Love the idea of the video, while I was reading that, "Best Day of my Life" by American Authors was on the radio, could be a good one to use for your video, unless you're going with all disney songs!
The letters idea is really cool too, but I admit that everything I thought of, you already had. I'll keep thinking. Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Using that song is a great idea ... only thing is, that is the song I used the last time behind the photo montage

http://youtu.be/rkE9yLEcW40

Old 05-20-2014, 01:58 PM   #149
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarbleBob View Post
I love the idea of the Alphabet!!! So cool.

I usually take a camcorder on our trips too. I've never made a fancy vacation video with transitions or music, but we love watching the old footage. One thing that I really like doing is getting the kids reactions to things on video. For example, when we are in line for a ride, I ask them what they are in line for, what they think it's going to be like (scary, silly, thrilling, etc.) and so on. And then when we get off the ride, I capture their expressions. "Dad, that was awesome!!" And the other thing I like to do periodically is take turns asking them questions towards the end of the day like, "what was the funniest thing that happened today?", "What was the best thing that happened today?", "Did anything bum you out today?" Etc. It's fun to go back and watch their responses several years later
Thank you for the tips - I think asking questions is a great idea.

Definitely do want to get a bunch of shots of just images of them having fun that I can play without sound (just songs in the background) but will definitely include the "best of" answers

Old 05-20-2014, 02:54 PM   #150
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Cool idea!

A- Alice in Wonderland
M- Monsters Inc
S-Sulley
T - Three Caballeros

I was thinking "Good Life" by One Republic would be an awesome song (since they used that song in Disney commercials) but you would have to get the edited version

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: