Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2014, 11:31 PM   #16
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

January 6

Wunderground says this day's low was 44 and high was 79.

At this point, the forecasts were changing a whole lot. I think it had been slated to be warmer later in the week, but then it was changing, getting colder. Since swimming is fun, after breakfast at around 9:30 the kiddo went swimming.

By this time my shoulder, neck, and back were just screaming. I couldn't even imagine running with this pain. I started searching for massage therapists and chiropractors. One masseur was suggested but he was busy with the expo. I managed to make an appointment for the morning of E's Mile. I couldn't find a chiro who could see me. So frustrated.

After a couple hours I made the kiddo get out of the pool. We got warmed up and went off to Animal Kingdom. I can't find proof that we ate something lunch-y, but I'm sure we did because no one fainted or got angry or anything.

Last edited by bumbershoot; 02-18-2014 at 12:02 AM.
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:43 PM   #17
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy drew View Post
We did ride "Jingle" Cruise, complete with a holiday joke overlay. And I forgot that we did ride Pirates together. That's the line where we had a nice long uninterrupted (mostly) talk because the kids were contained!

Awww, we wish you guys lived here too! The kids really seemed to get along! Well, S and E sure did. Who knew that Nathan was battling a crazy auto-immune response that would land him in the hospital a few days later. He was SO not himself, and I should have known.

So glad to know I didn't forget everything.

Oh I just feel so bad for Nathan! Has everything calmed down now? I know this isn't something that will go away, but has he had further bouts of it?

You knew something was wrong; you just didn't know the extent. It could have been so many other lesser things. I think it's normal that you didn't automatically know the problem's extent.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2014, 12:07 AM   #18
nancy drew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
So glad to know I didn't forget everything.

Oh I just feel so bad for Nathan! Has everything calmed down now? I know this isn't something that will go away, but has he had further bouts of it?

You knew something was wrong; you just didn't know the extent. It could have been so many other lesser things. I think it's normal that you didn't automatically know the problem's extent.
Thanks. Things have pretty much calmed down.

I just typed out the "short" version and it was far too long. I'll PM you, because you don't need that whole novel here in the middle of your trip report. I do think I knew something was wrong, but it is hard when you are on vacation, especially at WDW, and you are just kind of stuck there and not sure whether to see a doctor or what.

But in case anyone else is reading along and wondering...

He has developed an auto-immune thing and outwardly looks/acts fine now, but there are things going on inside that we are monitoring. So far so good, and I am hoping it stays that way!!!

Me DD 10 DS 8
1982: Contemporary 1989: Contemporary 1998: Disneyland (day trip) 2005: Wilderness Lodge 2006: Wilderness Lodge 2007: Contemporary 2008: Disneyland (Park Vue) 2009: Disneyland (HoJo) 2010: Pop Century 2011: Disneyland (PPH/DLH) and Boardwalk 2012: San Diego and Disneyland (PPH) 2013: Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside 2014: Dolphin and Disney Dream
nancy drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:20 AM   #19
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Look how soon you sail!!! So excited for you.

I found receipts but it's just about nice-and-early bedtime for us. I was up way too late being all supportive of Robert staying up, and now I'm sleepy!
Old 02-18-2014, 01:19 AM   #20
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You get it delivered once per year for the yearly fee, and I think it was $25 for the extra delivery. [if you go even more often, though, you can get a higher level plan] Whatever I had in there made it worth it; we do tend to keep things like packets of safe hot chocolate, etc etc, in there (in zip top bags) so it saves some trips to the grocery store.
Thanks for the info! I think it may be something to look at... we plan probably 2 trips a year. So it would be nice to have some things stay in FL. Sounds like we would just need to pay the extra delivery fee and go with the main plan.

Quote:

Having it sitting there was really unexpected and surprising! A bright spot.
Those are always important on a trip... the bright spots.

Quote:
I'm going to include weather info in my days because I'm done with Winter trips and I need to make sure I remember that I'm done with them!
OMG! I so here ya!!! I am looking forward to the October trip because I know I won't be freezing.

Quote:
Everything took longer than I thought it should (seriously the story of my Disney life and home life as well...I should have it tattooed on me but it would probably take longer than expected and I'd have to leave in the middle of it)

Quote:
Instead, we crossed the bridge over to Art of Animation and went to their food court. The walk from our Preferred Pool View room, even though we were at the checkin side of the building, was not that bad at all. Since we were doing it after dark the first time, it was slightly creepy, but really not bad.
It won't be long in my own TR that you will see that I took that walk from Pop to AoA myself. Not a bad walk...

Great view out of your room. I agree though... better during a different time of year. We had a pool view too... and never really enjoyed it since going to the pool never happened there.

I am quite jealous that the holiday decorations were still up on 1/6. We arrived just two days later...

I remember reading about E being ill. I am still sad to hear about it a second time. At least MK has a nice first aid center. I think all of the parks do. I have had to use them a couple times.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:05 PM   #21
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Thanks for the info! I think it may be something to look at... we plan probably 2 trips a year. So it would be nice to have some things stay in FL. Sounds like we would just need to pay the extra delivery fee and go with the main plan.

Sounds like a good idea. Yes, it's the way we're doing it, too. And it's amazing how many hotels they drop off and pick up at. If we'd known we would be taking a bump on the way home I soooo would have taken it on the cruise with us and had them pick it up after. Wow would it have been useful!

OMG! I so here ya!!! I am looking forward to the October trip because I know I won't be freezing.

Summer trips man, summer trips. Puddle of sweat, not block of ice!

I am quite jealous that the holiday decorations were still up on 1/6. We arrived just two days later...

Well, it's not like we really got to enjoy them. I mean, those pictures are pretty much THE moments we noticed them.

At least MK has a nice first aid center. I think all of the parks do. I have had to use them a couple times.
Yep, all the parks do. The centers are great. At Disneyland, too. Their ice packs are magic. I mean, look at how much they helped Eamon that night! If he would have consented to eat ANYTHING at MK's food venues we could have found Nancy again; then again, it's probably for the best as I figure at that point I must have unknowingly been my most contagious. For the best I had to quarantine myself from them and especially cutie-pie Mr Nathan. (Nancy don't tell him I called him that, I'm sure he's far too old to want to be a cutie-pie, but even in his discomfort he was adorable)
Old 02-26-2014, 02:15 AM   #22
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

rundisney is killing me.

Labor Day, Disneyland Half. Already signed up. This gets me the coasttocoast medal.

For other reasons, heading to Florida in late-ish October.
We all go home and then I fly back out for a solo or girl's trip for the Wine&Dine Nov 9. (planned, not signed up yet)

Now there's a new DLR race. Avengers themed. Eamon is kicking himself that he said "no" to signing him up for the 5K at Disneyland. Unless I'm reading the rules wrong, doing this and the Wine&Dine would get me a SECOND coasttocoast medal.

Problem? It's the weekend after Wine&Dine.

They are trying to kill me. I know they are.

(and if I got in on the inaugural year....I'd be a "legacy" for something for the first time in my life!)
Old 02-26-2014, 07:27 AM   #23
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

I'm SOOO with you on the RunDisney thing. Honestly, I'm seriously starting to plan my life around it. My daughter and granddaughter are trying to plan our first trip trip next year around it without impacting our park time. The problem is her DH's birthday is Feb. 25 and my grandson's is the 26th, and we don't want to miss them. Nor do we want to go over President's Day.

But this is after we go this April, John and I go in May, Molly and I go again in August with my sister and niece and John and I go again in December with our other son and DIL, who just graduated from nursing school-- oh, and we're all going to her graduation in May in Virginia too -- and Molly and I will spend a few days in Ocean City in June and possibly August-- and I'm going to my mom's in Michigan at the end of March for her 85th birthday, and my sister and I are going to take her to Chicago for a few days.

See, this is why John says I can't do more RunDisney trips this year

I loved Pop, BTW. It was perfect for me. So glad I didn't give in and shell out another $500 for a hotel room in a mod or even more for a deluxe. I had such a great time, I can't believe I actually did it!

Really enjoying your report, as always.
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:13 AM   #24
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Aha. Registration page for DVC enter to the W&D: "Limit 1 medal per runner per calendar year."

So it seems the princess thing this year is the exception.

I'm so glad you liked Pop. If I can't secure a studio at BW for the W&D (using some of 2015 points to do so), if Pop is one of the host resorts, I'll likely stay there. It's just so cute.

I'm all done for the W&D now. Cool.

Did I tell you guys that I have this Half coming up on the 15th, and while they let everyone finish, they time it to a 13 minute mile and the police send everyone to the sidewalks if you go slower than that. I'm scared! That was on a page that wasn't complete when I signed up for it; the other page just talks about how everyone can finish blah blah. 13 minute mile. And I haven't properly run since Jan 11. Help.

Tonight I'm striving to continue writing. I'm feeling more and more positive, or at least learning-lesson-ish, about all of the events, so that's good.

Last edited by bumbershoot; 02-26-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:32 PM   #25
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
rundisney is killing me.

Labor Day, Disneyland Half. Already signed up. This gets me the coasttocoast medal.

For other reasons, heading to Florida in late-ish October.
We all go home and then I fly back out for a solo or girl's trip for the Wine&Dine Nov 9. (planned, not signed up yet)

Now there's a new DLR race. Avengers themed. Eamon is kicking himself that he said "no" to signing him up for the 5K at Disneyland. Unless I'm reading the rules wrong, doing this and the Wine&Dine would get me a SECOND coasttocoast medal.

Problem? It's the weekend after Wine&Dine.

They are trying to kill me. I know they are.

(and if I got in on the inaugural year....I'd be a "legacy" for something for the first time in my life!)
I know!!! RD is trying to kill me too. AND it is making me choose them over another race I really wanted to do. However... legacy... legacy would be super cool

Quote:
Aha. Registration page for DVC enter to the W&D: "Limit 1 medal per runner per calendar year."

So it seems the princess thing this year is the exception.

Did I tell you guys that I have this Half coming up on the 15th, and while they let everyone finish, they time it to a 13 minute mile and the police send everyone to the sidewalks if you go slower than that. I'm scared! That was on a page that wasn't complete when I signed up for it; the other page just talks about how everyone can finish blah blah. 13 minute mile. And I haven't properly run since Jan 11. Help.

Tonight I'm striving to continue writing. I'm feeling more and more positive, or at least learning-lesson-ish, about all of the events, so that's good.
Yeah I was gonna tell you that one per calendar year.

Good luck on the half!!! That is exciting!! I am sure you will do just fine. Who knows, maybe the break from running will have given you enough time to heal and your body will be like "go go go"
Old 02-26-2014, 11:33 PM   #26
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Can you be legacy for a 5K? Eamon would soooo love to do this 5K.

And by the way, they are silly. If they can do some special pink medal for doing specific races, and if THAT can go along with the other C2C, they can allow other C2C medals. Silly. No good reason.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #27
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can you be legacy for a 5K? Eamon would soooo love to do this 5K.
I am not sure. I have not read about that ever. In fact, it isn't something widely talked about in general because I think there are few "legacy" runners. I can't remember the number for the phm last year. I want to say it was a small number... Ok... looking it up it was 324. I think that number gets smaller the longer the race has been going on. Miss one and you are no longer a legacy. I think it is hard to make a race EVERY year.

Quote:
And by the way, they are silly. If they can do some special pink medal for doing specific races, and if THAT can go along with the other C2C, they can allow other C2C medals. Silly. No good reason.

I agree, it seems silly... but I didn't know that you could get 2 C2C for doing essentially 4 halfs this year if two of them were the Tink and phm. Honestly, I think if you can do 4... or 6 you should get a c2c for every two.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:22 AM   #28
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Thanks for responding, Ann. Oof I was grumpy figuring that out and hearing it from you. Glad to know, of course. : ) I wanted an absolute "you must do this" reason to do it.

I don't really understand the travel agents, etc that sell bibs even after the races are "sold out". Do you think I could contact any of them to get bibs for just the 5K at the Disneyland Half? I don't want them to laugh at me.

Late late nights this week, late nights at the Y, getting back into working out, dealing with E's friend that I actively dislike and have disliked for as long as they've known each other, and realizing how much info on E's dance stuff I missed while sick and gone...I'm wiped out!

And I think I have to run back up to Seattle tomorrow because I got a refill of E's probiotics (which he has a ton of) instead of mine (I'm out) the other day by mistake. I really really do want to boost my silly immune system, so that's going to be necessary. Wishing I had a car that got better gas mileage...
Old 02-28-2014, 12:22 PM   #29
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for responding, Ann. Oof I was grumpy figuring that out and hearing it from you. Glad to know, of course. : ) I wanted an absolute "you must do this" reason to do it.
So you in for avengers then? Stinks that you can't get a second c2c... but the race should be fun at least.

Quote:
I don't really understand the travel agents, etc that sell bibs even after the races are "sold out". Do you think I could contact any of them to get bibs for just the 5K at the Disneyland Half? I don't want them to laugh at me.
I don't either. I am always reading about how this one or that one still has bibs.. Do they purchase a bunch? I think that is unfair. What if I don't want to go through a TA and now the TA's have taken up a chunk of the allowed bibs... Still, I do think it is worth a shot for the 5k bib.

Quote:
Late late nights this week, late nights at the Y, getting back into working out, dealing with E's friend that I actively dislike and have disliked for as long as they've known each other, and realizing how much info on E's dance stuff I missed while sick and gone...I'm wiped out!
Sorry you are wiped out... sounds like you have a good reason to be!

Quote:
And I think I have to run back up to Seattle tomorrow because I got a refill of E's probiotics (which he has a ton of) instead of mine (I'm out) the other day by mistake. I really really do want to boost my silly immune system, so that's going to be necessary. Wishing I had a car that got better gas mileage...
I hear ya on the car that gets better gas mileage! I drive a beast!
Old 02-28-2014, 10:24 PM   #30
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure about Avengers. I think even my sweet and kind and "do what makes you happy" DH is even wondering about my sanity. I mean, that's a lot of flights in just a few months.

I still have this report on my mind, just can't settle my mind enough. Scattered. But I did want to edit myself...we did make ONE of our reservations. I remembered yesterday. We did have breakfast at Kouzzina.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: