Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2014, 08:03 PM   #1
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Heather & Melissa's Epic Adventure October 2014!

Look out people!

Heather & Melissa are going to be childless and in search of adventure of epic proportions! So EPIC, in fact, that it deserves it's very own mock movie poster! So I made one!

Melissa and I met while planning our trips for October 2012! Our group on DIS made a Facebook group (as we all love to do!) which allowed us to get to know each other better. Melissa was running the 2012 TOT 10 Miler with our mutual friend Jody! I bought a ticket to the run after party. It was my very first day in Florida and I was exhausted but I got over to DHS in time to ride TSM and wander around before the girls were done running. Was able to meet them in person for the first time. And the rest is history!

Since October 2012 we've planned trips, ran from zombies and explored the Mall of America!

We were both in Disney World this January (2014!) with our kids and had a BLAST!

NOW it's time for the TRIP OF EPICNESS!

Drinking Around The World
Our friend Jennifers Wedding
TOT 10 MILER! (OMG! My first RunDisney race EVER!)
MNSSHP

and then......

4 DAY DISNEY CRUISE ON THE WONDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To say we're excited is an understatement!

OUR PLANS: (constantly updated!)

September 26th- I will gas up my Jeep, check the oil and fill the washer fluid so it's all ready to go the next morning!

September 27th - I will get up at 6am and get all my stuff in the car and be driving by 7am! I should get to Melissa's house around 4:30/5pm . We are talking about going to the Winnipeg Jets vs minnesota wild game that night! GO JETS GO!

September 28th - Apparently now we are getting up at the "butt crack of dawn" and I am getting gas station coffee (Oh Tim Hortons how I'll miss you!) and we are driving to KENTUCKY! Why you ask? Well we are going to see one of Melissa's sisters and I think she's having a JAMBERRY party!

September 29th - We get up and drive to Nashville! Going to spend some time on Broadway and Third street! Shannon is done work at 5pm so we will head over to her area (Right near the Blue Bird Cafe!!!) and go somewhere together for supper and then back to Shannon's for the night!

September 30th - Shannon will head out EARLY for work. Melissa and I will go do some fun Nashville stuff until lunch time....where we get to go to LOVELESS CAFE for lunch with some awesome Disney friends of ours!!!!! Our "other" Shannon and MJ!!!!! I'm so excited they are going to drive up and have lunch with us at my favourite place in the whole world! Melissa and I will then do more nashville stuff all afternoon and evening. Back to Shannon's house to sleep.

October 1st - Again Nashville stuff all day. I think we have to head out for DisneyWorld around 7pm...so just after supper! Because crazy pants wants to be checking in at BCV at 6am! I shall survive on coffee and red bulls. I hear you can see sounds if you mix those together. Melissa will have caramel macchiato's!

OCTOBER 2nd-
Check in around 8am at BCV!
Breakfast at Tusker House at 9:05am
Ride Dinosaur, Everest and Kali before going over to MK.
Lunch@? (I'd like Tortuga Tavern or Pecos Bills MMMMM TACO SALAD!)
FP+ Pirates @1:50-2:50
FP+ Splash Mountain @3:50-4:50pm
FP+ 7DMT @5:05-6:05

Monorail over to Epcot right after last FP+
Le Cellier @5:30
Then proceed to drink around the world with friends wedding party
Monorail BACK to MK to ride Pirates again and be the reason that the rum is all gone

OCTOBER 3rd-
Up bright and early to get to MK for rope drop and see the fun opening show!
Not sure of our plan of attack for this morning but I know I want to hit Splash Mountain a couple times if possible! lol
Monorail over to Epcot
Snacks for "lunch" at some of the food and wine booths on our list!
Head to TOT EXPO and pick up our race packets (Hopefully no more than an hour there)
Go back to BCV and enjoy a little bit of pool time.
FP+ Soarin @5:35-6:35
FP+ CharacterSpot @6:50-7:50

Spending more time around Epcot food and wine (would have went to ride maelstrom but it's gonna be closed!)
FP+ SpaceshipEarth @9:00-10

OCTOBER 4th-
Up bright and early to rope drop HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS!
Ride Rockin Roller Coaster and TOT
Have a snack for breakfast
FP+ ToyStoryMania @10:00-11am
FP+ Star Tours @11:35am-12:35am

Pizza Planet lunch
FP+ TowerofTerror @1:15-2:15
Head back to BCV
Get all prettied up to attend Jennifers wedding at the Wedding Pavilion @4pm.
Cocktails at 5pm followed by dinner.
Must be changed into running costume and on a bus to the race no later than 8:00pm
Run race and hopefully not die.
Enjoy some of after party if I can still walk (and again as long as I haven't died)
4am GO TO BED

OCTOBER 5th-
SLEEP IN!!!!!!!!!!!
Epcot for some more food and wine booths for lunch around 11am
Bus to Animal Kingdom
FP+ Dinosaur 12:45-1:45
FP+ Kali River Rapids@1:45-2:45
FP+ Everest @2:45-3:45 (special viewing area)

*** we will need to bus back to EPCOT around 3:30pm and walk to our resort to get our costumes on for MNSSHP! THEN walk back to Epcot and monorail it over to POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT **
'Ohana @5pm (I DROOL just thinking about this one too!)
Once we are done dinner we will monorail it over to MK for MNSSHP!!!!

Oct 6: AM PLANS - Breakfast at Beach Club (not the kitchen sink like Shannon wants though!) with Shannon & Aria!ADR: CAPE MAY CAFE
* Drive to Port Canaveral and park the vehicle.
* CRUISE TIME!! Board ship @?pm
* Ship leaves port at 4pm!

Oct 7:
* Ship docks in Nassau
* WE WILL BE THE REASON THAT THE RUM IS ALL GONE! You've been warned Captain Jack Sparrow! We're coming for you!
* Explore Atlantis before heading back to the ship

Oct 8:
* Ship docks in Castaway Cay
* Off ship early for the Castaway Cay 5K
* Spending the rest of the day lounging on the beach.

Oct 9:
* Ship docks in Castway Cay
* Heather plans to enjoy stuff on the ship for most of the morning
* Melissa is crazy and plans to run the Castaway Cay a 2nd time *lol*

Oct 10:
* Ship docks at Port Canaveral
* Disembark the ship. (Soooo early! 7:30am!) Grab the car and head to Nashville to drop off Shannon!

Oct 11:
* Drive to Minneapolis for Melissa to go home.

Oct 12:
* Me drive..... all alone..... the 9 hours back home! *sad face*

Last edited by HeatherLassell; 09-11-2014 at 08:26 AM.
HeatherLassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #2
luvdumbo
DIS Veteran

Hello!

I am the other half of this dynamic duo! Heather has our story correct except she failed to give Jody, our English Aussie, mad props. Jody is the thread the strung us odd beads together!

The story starts with a late Sept. to early Oct. trip in 2012! After a few chats with each other we planned to run into each other at the parks and heather decided to attend the Villains Bash after party for the Inaugural Tower of Terror 10 miler. And we are now bringing that back full circle to run Tower of Terror together in 2014!

If anyone knows me I love to run! Especially runDisney races! It is so bad that my currently have more Disney medals than non Disney (but to be fair most local races don't do medals).

2013 Dumbo Double Dare challenge! (I'm on the left)

2013 Wine and Dine half! (I'm on the left)

I eventually successfully infected Heather with the running bug! I am planning a trip to Canada! in May to run a 10k with Heather so she can get a qualifying time for ToT 10 miler! Woot!

But before we decided to vacation together in Oct 2014, we realized our trips that we planned individually overlapped. I was planning to go down to run the Dopey challenge and she was taking her kids on vacation to escape the Canadian cold. So we quickly planned and synced up our FP+ selections and it quickly became our trip full of our quirky hijinks Hence glow sticks and random dance party references that you will see in our reports.

Glowsticks! Yes grown women can enjoy a glow stick!

Okay I can type all day! I am a wordy person so I will stop here and come back to fill you in on more detail of "Heather and Melissa's Epic Trip" came to be!
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2014, 09:28 PM   #3
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

***this will be the placeholder for links to our TRIP REPORT***

Last edited by HeatherLassell; 09-11-2014 at 08:08 AM.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:40 PM   #4
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Melissa.....did you say GLOW STICK????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Azw...ature=youtu.be

Old 02-15-2014, 07:08 AM   #5
luvdumbo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLassell View Post
Melissa.....did you say GLOW STICK????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Azw...ature=youtu.be

This is what happens when grown women are given glow sticks and they have watched Terry Lewis dance with glow sticks in White Chicks too many times. And we enjoyed embarrassing the Tween.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:03 AM   #6
DiSnEyLvR76
Mouseketeer

Yeay! Following! Cant wait to see you guys for drinking around the world and my wedding!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:19 AM   #7
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSnEyLvR76 View Post
Yeay! Following! Cant wait to see you guys for drinking around the world and my wedding!
It's going to be a blast!!!!!! Drinking around the World AND your wedding! Thanks so much for inviting us!
Old 02-15-2014, 12:21 PM   #8
luvdumbo
DIS Veteran

Okay so picking up where I left off, As fate would have one of the girls in October 2012 trip group got engaged and is planning a Disney Wedding (yay Jenn!) . Well her wedding happened to be around the time as the Tower of Terror 10 miler race would be and I was already planning on being there because I wanted to maintain my legacy in the race. So voila Heather mentioned making it a moms only trip and so we started planning. Next thing I know Heather suggested a cruise too! We both wanted to do a Disney cruise but wanted to test out the waters with just us before we take the kids on one. And one morning I woke up to this bit strip on FB

Yep it was sealed we are going on a cruise! So we started researching and I discovered we should book through a TA so we could get onboard credit. I started looking around at different agencies and didn't find one I was comfortable with. SO I asked around on a Cruise customholics group and got a recommendation. Who I felt so comfortable with! She was so nice and so willing to deal with any questions we have. So we found our agent and booked the cruise with a special they were having 1/2 off deposit. And then we decided it was going to be EPIC! The trip of Epicness! We couldn't possibly not share an adult trip to ourselves so we recruited other adult women to escape their kids or college(for Aria).

So please join us on our EPIC adventure! We are pretty zany yet normal at the same time. We are sure to have many hijinks and photos on our journey, plus bonus vacations and gatherings as we prepare for the EPIC adventure!
Old 02-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #9
luvdumbo
DIS Veteran

Pssst...... it's okay to respond to us on our pre-trip, we like people! We have 227 views and no responders. You can come out of lurking, I promise we don't bite or bark!
Old 02-15-2014, 07:00 PM   #10
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Hi! I followed your link from FB, I'm enjoying unit report so far!
teresajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 08:41 PM   #11
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Following!!!
WsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:08 PM   #12
plainjanestudio
Earning My Ears

Y'all are whack...and I'm loving it!!
plainjanestudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:35 PM   #13
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresajoy View Post
Hi! I followed your link from FB, I'm enjoying unit report so far!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
Following!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by plainjanestudio View Post
Y'all are whack...and I'm loving it!!
WOOHOO!!! Welcome!

We're very happy to have you! lol And we are "whack" and we also love it!
Old 02-15-2014, 10:51 PM   #14
HeatherLassell
Queen of the PTR

So as much as I said I would never get into running....I've started running. Melissa is beside herself. lol I've started just doing a mile at a time. Last run I did 1.6miles. I think I did that in about 20 minutes.

Melissa is driving up to my place in Manitoba in May for the Shoppers Drug Mart Run For Women. It is a chip timed 10K. I can use that to submit to RunDisney for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler.

I'm SO afraid of the run in October. But because Melissa is so awesome she has assured me she will help me get from the start over the finish line.

And as a reward she says we can run the Castway Cay 5K on our cruise 2 days after TOT.

I made this in response:

This August 30th we are doing The Zombie Run in Minnesota! And as long as my new job allows me to take a few days off we will be making the 10 hour drive to Nashville for a couple days to explore and visit Shannon!

I'm REALLY hoping they will ok this. So far they seem really cool and I think as long as I don't take any time off between now and September I should be ok. Of course I need October 1-12th off....lol so I won't push my luck!

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions. I hope you enjoy our Bitstrips. I'm kind of addicted to them. Especially to making us stick our tongues out in them. It's become a sickness for me! lol
Old 02-16-2014, 06:25 AM   #15
smga1
Earning My Ears

Following. Found the link on January group on Facebook. Love your bitstrips.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: