Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2014, 10:24 AM   #31
WaltD4Me
PS...I tried asking for water cups once
I am actually a princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetymom View Post
It may not ruin a trip but it was one of those special Disney touches. I am sure it was lots of the small things that Disney does that hooked all of us. When they start taking it away it is sad.

Think of all the children that didn't get to laugh, run around, try to figure it out.

Someday Disney may be just a mere shadow of what it once was. That would be sad.

I will miss Push. My grandchildren always had a great time when they got to see Push.
This ^ ... much of what I love about Disney are the small things like PUSH. It is sad to see these things going away. PUSH, Remy at Chefs De France, the Ziti Sisters, Four 4 a Dollar singers at Beauty and the Beast, waking up Tinkerbell at MK... Sad.
Lisa 1980 Poly, 92' Grand Floridian, Oct 98 Teddy & Doll Convention, Dec 2004 POFQ, May 05 40th Birthday!, May 06 OKW 41st Birthday! May 07 OKW 42nd Birthday! Feb 08 Pirate & Princess Party! Oct. 08 at OKW! 1st Solo Trip May 09! / November 2010 at OKW, 2013 at WDW and Crusing on the Dream
WaltD4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #32
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

GOOD NEWS!!!!

Disney told the Orlando Sentinel that PUSH isn't going anywhere! Do you think they had plans to remove him and changed them based on the response from fans?

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #33
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Orlando reporter Jason Garcia talked to Disney and according to him PUSH isn't going anywhere!

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2014/0...rtainment-cut/

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:26 AM   #34
hedberg1661
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
GOOD NEWS!!!!

Disney told the Orlando Sentinel that PUSH isn't going anywhere! Do you think they had plans to remove him and changed them based on the response from fans?
Nikki you just made my day!

Do I think fans helped...for sure. If Disney doesn't come out and say we never intended for this to happen and it was purely a rumor gone wild then you have to believe that they intended for him to go. I know after I heard about it I posted on FB, Twitter, and emailed Disney. Imagine if everyone did that...or even half!
1990's-2006 - Multiple trips ...mostly to BC, 2010 - BC, July 2012 - AKL, BLT, December 2012 - BC, April 2013 - DL, DCA Offsite, July 2013 - BLT, December 2013 - BC, July 2014 - BLT, October 2014 - S&D, 2014-15? - DCL, BC?

And as always: Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas.

hedberg1661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #35
HunnyJar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell*
GOOD NEWS!!!!

That's very good news, I am really happy to read that! Thanks for posting this.

HunnyJar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #36
*NikkiBell*

DISboards Moderator

This is getting stranger and stranger.

I just heard another rumor saying PUSH's last day was yesterday despite Disney telling The Orlando Sentinel that he wasn't going away. Now cast members are supposedly saying that Disney did, in fact, confirm PUSH is gone. Again, a rumor, but that means then...

Rumor came out.

Fans responded.

Disney tells Jason Garcia at The Sentinel that the rumors are false.

Disney lied.

Disney removes PUSH.

I'm not buying it. What do you guys think?

Follow Me on Twitter

2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
Old 02-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #37
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Sounds like Disney trashed push and the rumor

What's next, Lights of Winter?
Old 02-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #38
*NikkiBell*

DISboards Moderator

LOL!

Someone just told me that she heard it had to do with contract negotiations and the like. There's a possibility that the original rumor was put out there by the employee in order to drum up support and encourage Disney to renew. Rumor, again, but good LORDY.

Follow Me on Twitter

Old 02-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #39
disney david
DIS Veteran

Well Disney didn't lie they said they wouldn't get rid of push they never said they wouldn't retire push he can still be seen in every park just stand next o a trash can it might be push. Maybe they could move him to a corner in golden oaks or a retirement community so he can enjoy his lays few years before he get repurposed into something else.

It sad he tried to lead the fight to find out what happened to the talking palm tree and his cousin the recycling can in ak and they give him the axe I guess he asked to many questions and tried to get to many people to write Disney.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #40
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

This explains why CMs were telling guests what they were--official orders, seemingly screen-capped from the CM webpage:

https://twitter.com/easywdw/status/4...721923/photo/1

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Alice Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:27 PM   #41
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice Royal View Post
This explains why CMs were telling guests what they were--official orders, seemingly screen-capped from the CM webpage:

https://twitter.com/easywdw/status/4...721923/photo/1
Thanks for the link

the trash can has a name it push Disney should be using it not the trash can. What happens if their a new cm thy remove all the trash fans from tomorrow land then What Disney.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:28 PM   #42
*NikkiBell*

DISboards Moderator

With the recent PUSH merchandise that was unveiled, this has me surprised and now truly concerned about Figment (who also had new merch recently).

I'm making a prediction that the new WDW trash can salt and pepper shakers will be released this week. Just watch.

Follow Me on Twitter

Last edited by *NikkiBell*; 02-09-2014 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #43
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

That definitely looks like a notice from the Hub.

I like Q5 - apparently they realized they lied.

It isn't so much that PUSH is gone...I could have accepted that (as much as I dislike it), but I'm more upset that Disney lied about it the day before.

The "contract" thing has me puzzled. If it was for the performer, I'd expect that they had more than one, and could have trained others. If it was for PUSH, then it wasn't a creation of WDI? Or they are using it as an excuse...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:20 PM   #44
Alice Royal
Eighteen, female, Florida resident, Disney addict. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
That definitely looks like a notice from the Hub.

I like Q5 - apparently they realized they lied.

It isn't so much that PUSH is gone...I could have accepted that (as much as I dislike it), but I'm more upset that Disney lied about it the day before.

The "contract" thing has me puzzled. If it was for the performer, I'd expect that they had more than one, and could have trained others. If it was for PUSH, then it wasn't a creation of WDI? Or they are using it as an excuse...
It's possible, considering the other recent entertainment cuts we've been hearing about. But it also seems like a thousand different 'facts' and 'rumors' are being thrown around with this one, so there's not a lot of solid evidence on what to believe re: WHY there was a rumor or WHY Push was canned.

THE FAMILY
Me (18) DBF (18)
AP Holders and Proud Florida Residents since 2013!

THE FAM BACK HOME IN NH

DMom DDad DB (13)
Alice Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:39 PM   #45
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

I do not think Disney would have CM's talking about contract employees vs CM's. That makes no sense. Talk about spoiling the magic. Push is on an extended leave for refurbishment. I do not hear CM's saying that Spectromagic's last performence was on x-date and the equipment was old and crapped out.

k5jmh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: