Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Dis Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 08:03 AM   #16
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me
 
ADP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 8,945

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelaF View Post
I keep considering it...I'm here in Indy.....but I also feel like maybe I'll be a weird outsider? I'm mostly just a Podcast listener and occasional poster!
The meet is for anyone and everyone. We'd love to have you join us. It's an opportunity to meet new people and enjoy a day of Disney entertainment. The charity aspect is also something to feel good about. It's also a great chance to meet some of the podcast team. We hope to see you there.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #17
Batgirl67
Mouseketeer
 
Batgirl67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NE OHIO
Posts: 148

Had a great time last year and looking for a repeat!
Count us in, Lisa, Jan and Jim.

We will bring about 8 Pizza Pies to the event.

Cheers!
Batgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-10-2014, 05:50 AM   #18
histafan2001
Earning My Ears
 
histafan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 5

Smile

This is my first time posting, but am a HUGE disney fan! I recently started listening to the DIS podcast and love it. I will definitely be there!

Thanks for organizing such a wonderful event !! I'm local so I would love to help out if I can!
histafan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:34 AM   #19
crazydisneyman
My "Muddy Buddy manly side" may conflict with my artistic theatrical side
 
crazydisneyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,497

My family will be there! We can't wait for all the fun.
__________________
In Memory of Bawb Varley 04/28/08 - We will miss you!


Indianapolis Disney Meet - 7th Annual - All Welcome
crazydisneyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:35 AM   #20
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me
 
ADP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 8,945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batgirl67 View Post
Had a great time last year and looking for a repeat!
Count us in, Lisa, Jan and Jim.

We will bring about 8 Pizza Pies to the event.
Sounds great and the pies sound awesome ! Thanks !

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by histafan2001 View Post
This is my first time posting, but am a HUGE disney fan! I recently started listening to the DIS podcast and love it. I will definitely be there!

Thanks for organizing such a wonderful event !! I'm local so I would love to help out if I can!
You're welcome ! Glad you are coming. Send me a private message and let me know what part of town you live in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydisneyman View Post
My family will be there! We can't wait for all the fun.
I knew there was no doubt you'd be coming
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #21
wdwchamp
Mouseketeer
 
wdwchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: IN
Posts: 103

You can count on me and my dw to attend. We normally go to Disney for labor day weekend, so we always miss out on the DisMeet. I'm local as well so if you need any help let me know
__________________
wdwchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:53 PM   #22
paigenevan3
Earning My Ears
 
paigenevan3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP View Post
The meet is for anyone and everyone. We'd love to have you join us. It's an opportunity to meet new people and enjoy a day of Disney entertainment. The charity aspect is also something to feel good about. It's also a great chance to meet some of the podcast team. We hope to see you there.
I rarely post, as I'm usually a pretty shy person! Lol I am a beauty pageant director and have a pageant scheduled for September 7th & I'm considering changing dates to make this meet. I'm from Norris City, IL.. About 3 1/2 hours from Indy. I would love to make it but I'm a little nervous about how it all works and don't want to be awkwardly standing around LOL.
paigenevan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:56 PM   #23
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place
 
LilyWDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Indy
Posts: 9,100

Quote:
Originally Posted by paigenevan3 View Post
I rarely post, as I'm usually a pretty shy person! Lol I am a beauty pageant director and have a pageant scheduled for September 7th & I'm considering changing dates to make this meet. I'm from Norris City, IL.. About 3 1/2 hours from Indy. I would love to make it but I'm a little nervous about how it all works and don't want to be awkwardly standing around LOL.
I have never been to one either but I am NOT worried about standing around. Too many people in one place all with the same reason for being there? I am sure the whole thing will be filled with laughing and chatting. Heck, I can talk to just about anyone (comes from living in the south for 14 years)! So if nothing else, I will make sure you are not awkwardly standing around
__________________

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/



LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:45 AM   #24
paigenevan3
Earning My Ears
 
paigenevan3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
I have never been to one either but I am NOT worried about standing around. Too many people in one place all with the same reason for being there? I am sure the whole thing will be filled with laughing and chatting. Heck, I can talk to just about anyone (comes from living in the south for 14 years)! So if nothing else, I will make sure you are not awkwardly standing around
Well that's good to know! I'm going to try to make it! I need to meet Craig LOL
That's been my goal since I started listening/watching!
paigenevan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #25
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me
 
ADP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 8,945

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwchamp View Post
You can count on me and my dw to attend. We normally go to Disney for labor day weekend, so we always miss out on the DisMeet. I'm local as well so if you need any help let me know
Great ! And thank you for the offer. See you there !

Quote:
Originally Posted by paigenevan3 View Post
I rarely post, as I'm usually a pretty shy person! Lol I am a beauty pageant director and have a pageant scheduled for September 7th & I'm considering changing dates to make this meet. I'm from Norris City, IL.. About 3 1/2 hours from Indy. I would love to make it but I'm a little nervous about how it all works and don't want to be awkwardly standing around LOL.
Don't be nervous. It really is a lot of fun and you get to meet so many like-minded people. We hope to see you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
I have never been to one either but I am NOT worried about standing around. Too many people in one place all with the same reason for being there? I am sure the whole thing will be filled with laughing and chatting. Heck, I can talk to just about anyone (comes from living in the south for 14 years)! So if nothing else, I will make sure you are not awkwardly standing around
Awesome insight.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #26
BetsyRNBSN
Mouseketeer
 
BetsyRNBSN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 211

Sounds like fun, will try to get down. We are about 3 hours north, but will always travel for Disney!!!
__________________




Betsy in IN

BetsyRNBSN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #27
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me
 
ADP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 8,945

Hi Everyone. For those of you who do not follow us on Facebook we now have an active hotel room block at the Cambria Suites. The hotel is about 3 miles from the site of the meet with a lot of dining and shopping options in the area.

Room rates are $119 plus tax per night for a king suite and $129 plus tax per night for a double queen suite. Prices include a breakfast buffet each morning for up to 4 guests in the room.

When calling to reserve your room ask for room block Give Kids the World.
Here's the information about the hotel.
http://www.cambriasuites.com/hotel-n...IN278#listpos1
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #28
Disneyhayes
DIS Veteran
 
Disneyhayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hilliard, OH - AKA too far from WDW
Posts: 807

We will be there again this year! Are there any other events going on that weekend as well? I am going to work on the craft that I suggested last year of the Mickey "stained glass". I am hoping to test it out with my kids this weekend.
__________________
Me DH DD5 DD4

Sept 2011 - ASMo - MNSSHP**Jan 2012 - POP**Nov 2013 POP
Disneyhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:11 AM   #29
Disneyhayes
DIS Veteran
 
Disneyhayes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hilliard, OH - AKA too far from WDW
Posts: 807

Quote:
Originally Posted by paigenevan3 View Post
I rarely post, as I'm usually a pretty shy person! Lol I am a beauty pageant director and have a pageant scheduled for September 7th & I'm considering changing dates to make this meet. I'm from Norris City, IL.. About 3 1/2 hours from Indy. I would love to make it but I'm a little nervous about how it all works and don't want to be awkwardly standing around LOL.
I akwardly stood around last year for all of 15 minutes and then my kids started dancing with Corey and Julie's kids and they were our ice breaker :-) I'd be happy to be a friend for you to meet there
__________________
Me DH DD5 DD4

Sept 2011 - ASMo - MNSSHP**Jan 2012 - POP**Nov 2013 POP
Disneyhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #30
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me
 
ADP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Fishers, IN
Posts: 8,945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyhayes View Post
We will be there again this year! Are there any other events going on that weekend as well? I am going to work on the craft that I suggested last year of the Mickey "stained glass". I am hoping to test it out with my kids this weekend.
That's great and we really appreciate it. Message me if you have any questions or want to discuss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyhayes View Post
I akwardly stood around last year for all of 15 minutes and then my kids started dancing with Corey and Julie's kids and they were our ice breaker :-) I'd be happy to be a friend for you to meet there
Awesome story and a great way to break the ice.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: