Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2014, 08:03 AM   #16
ADP
I'm a huggin' foolWon't some sweet mama come and take a chance with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelaF View Post
I keep considering it...I'm here in Indy.....but I also feel like maybe I'll be a weird outsider? I'm mostly just a Podcast listener and occasional poster!
The meet is for anyone and everyone. We'd love to have you join us. It's an opportunity to meet new people and enjoy a day of Disney entertainment. The charity aspect is also something to feel good about. It's also a great chance to meet some of the podcast team. We hope to see you there.
ADP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #17
Batgirl67
Mouseketeer

Had a great time last year and looking for a repeat!
Count us in, Lisa, Jan and Jim.

We will bring about 8 Pizza Pies to the event.

Cheers!
Batgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2014, 05:50 AM   #18
histafan2001
Earning My Ears

Smile

This is my first time posting, but am a HUGE disney fan! I recently started listening to the DIS podcast and love it. I will definitely be there!

Thanks for organizing such a wonderful event !! I'm local so I would love to help out if I can!
histafan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:34 AM   #19
crazydisneyman
My "Muddy Buddy manly side" may conflict with my artistic theatrical side

My family will be there! We can't wait for all the fun.

Indianapolis Disney Meet - 7th Annual - All Welcome
crazydisneyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:35 AM   #20
ADP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batgirl67 View Post
Had a great time last year and looking for a repeat!
Count us in, Lisa, Jan and Jim.

We will bring about 8 Pizza Pies to the event.
Sounds great and the pies sound awesome ! Thanks !

Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by histafan2001 View Post
This is my first time posting, but am a HUGE disney fan! I recently started listening to the DIS podcast and love it. I will definitely be there!

Thanks for organizing such a wonderful event !! I'm local so I would love to help out if I can!
You're welcome ! Glad you are coming. Send me a private message and let me know what part of town you live in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydisneyman View Post
My family will be there! We can't wait for all the fun.
I knew there was no doubt you'd be coming
Old 05-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #21
wdwchamp
Mouseketeer

You can count on me and my dw to attend. We normally go to Disney for labor day weekend, so we always miss out on the DisMeet. I'm local as well so if you need any help let me know
Old 05-21-2014, 09:53 PM   #22
paigenevan3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP View Post
The meet is for anyone and everyone. We'd love to have you join us. It's an opportunity to meet new people and enjoy a day of Disney entertainment. The charity aspect is also something to feel good about. It's also a great chance to meet some of the podcast team. We hope to see you there.
I rarely post, as I'm usually a pretty shy person! Lol I am a beauty pageant director and have a pageant scheduled for September 7th & I'm considering changing dates to make this meet. I'm from Norris City, IL.. About 3 1/2 hours from Indy. I would love to make it but I'm a little nervous about how it all works and don't want to be awkwardly standing around LOL.
paigenevan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:56 PM   #23
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by paigenevan3 View Post
I rarely post, as I'm usually a pretty shy person! Lol I am a beauty pageant director and have a pageant scheduled for September 7th & I'm considering changing dates to make this meet. I'm from Norris City, IL.. About 3 1/2 hours from Indy. I would love to make it but I'm a little nervous about how it all works and don't want to be awkwardly standing around LOL.
I have never been to one either but I am NOT worried about standing around. Too many people in one place all with the same reason for being there? I am sure the whole thing will be filled with laughing and chatting. Heck, I can talk to just about anyone (comes from living in the south for 14 years)! So if nothing else, I will make sure you are not awkwardly standing around

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:45 AM   #24
paigenevan3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
I have never been to one either but I am NOT worried about standing around. Too many people in one place all with the same reason for being there? I am sure the whole thing will be filled with laughing and chatting. Heck, I can talk to just about anyone (comes from living in the south for 14 years)! So if nothing else, I will make sure you are not awkwardly standing around
Well that's good to know! I'm going to try to make it! I need to meet Craig LOL
That's been my goal since I started listening/watching!
paigenevan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #25
ADP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwchamp View Post
You can count on me and my dw to attend. We normally go to Disney for labor day weekend, so we always miss out on the DisMeet. I'm local as well so if you need any help let me know
Great ! And thank you for the offer. See you there !

Quote:
Don't be nervous. It really is a lot of fun and you get to meet so many like-minded people. We hope to see you there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
Awesome insight.
Old 06-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #26
BetsyRNBSN
Mouseketeer

Sounds like fun, will try to get down. We are about 3 hours north, but will always travel for Disney!!!

Betsy in IN

BetsyRNBSN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #27
ADP

Hi Everyone. For those of you who do not follow us on Facebook we now have an active hotel room block at the Cambria Suites. The hotel is about 3 miles from the site of the meet with a lot of dining and shopping options in the area.

Room rates are $119 plus tax per night for a king suite and $129 plus tax per night for a double queen suite. Prices include a breakfast buffet each morning for up to 4 guests in the room.

When calling to reserve your room ask for room block Give Kids the World.
Here's the information about the hotel.
http://www.cambriasuites.com/hotel-n...IN278#listpos1
Old 06-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #28
Disneyhayes
DIS Veteran

We will be there again this year! Are there any other events going on that weekend as well? I am going to work on the craft that I suggested last year of the Mickey "stained glass". I am hoping to test it out with my kids this weekend.

Sept 2011 - ASMo - MNSSHP**Jan 2012 - POP**Nov 2013 POP
Disneyhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:11 AM   #29
Disneyhayes
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I akwardly stood around last year for all of 15 minutes and then my kids started dancing with Corey and Julie's kids and they were our ice breaker :-) I'd be happy to be a friend for you to meet there

Sept 2011 - ASMo - MNSSHP**Jan 2012 - POP**Nov 2013 POP
Disneyhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #30
ADP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyhayes View Post
We will be there again this year! Are there any other events going on that weekend as well? I am going to work on the craft that I suggested last year of the Mickey "stained glass". I am hoping to test it out with my kids this weekend.
That's great and we really appreciate it. Message me if you have any questions or want to discuss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyhayes View Post
I akwardly stood around last year for all of 15 minutes and then my kids started dancing with Corey and Julie's kids and they were our ice breaker :-) I'd be happy to be a friend for you to meet there
Awesome story and a great way to break the ice.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: