DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2014, 06:29 AM   #31
nabi
Home at Disney often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
Just to be technically correct -- there is actually NO guarantee that beds will not be replaced with trapezes. (And I don't think I want to venture any further into that concept!)
And the stilts will come out too, only later to be determined this is not a circus act but DVC villa improvement...they're painting! Things aren't always as they appear. Things also change up for an "improved" system and Disney is notorious for attempting this. I'm glad they do.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #32
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
Just to be technically correct -- there is actually NO guarantee that beds will not be replaced with trapezes. (And I don't think I want to venture any further into that concept!)
Actually there are some protections on substantially equivalent villa amenities from what I understand but like anything else, enforcement becomes the issue.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2014, 09:34 AM   #33
bakerworld
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracerussell View Post
Very helpful David, thanks!

We hope to get the ball rolling tomorrow (looking at 180 pt resale at BLT, loaded with points), and go back to Disney early December. We love the theme park view from the Contemporary, but don't know if that will be an option in a studio by the time we are able to book. Even if it's not - still so exciting!!!
Nice way to start out - if you decide the "World of DVC" is not for you then 180 pts at Bay Lake should be a fair resale. The smaller contracts do 'fly' off the shelf. If your offer is taken at ROFR - even tho you can afford it - stay small .. JIC

AKL 2008, BLT 2009, BCV 2013
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:38 AM   #34
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Actually there are some protections on substantially equivalent villa amenities from what I understand but like anything else, enforcement becomes the issue.
That was what I was thinking - and that trapezes wouldn't be equivalent amenities when beds were sold - therefore, we'd get enforcement (not that they would do it) - but that if they replaced them with futons eight inches off the floor, most of us old people would be mad, but they might be able to claim equivalence, and we wouldn't get enforcement.

(Not that they'd do either, but I think they MIGHT get away with futon mattresses eight inches off the floor).
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:52 PM   #35
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisi View Post
That was what I was thinking - and that trapezes wouldn't be equivalent amenities when beds were sold - therefore, we'd get enforcement (not that they would do it) - but that if they replaced them with futons eight inches off the floor, most of us old people would be mad, but they might be able to claim equivalence, and we wouldn't get enforcement.

(Not that they'd do either, but I think they MIGHT get away with futon mattresses eight inches off the floor).
Ultimately though all we really have is faith in Disney, thus even for "cheap" resales, that's a lot to pay for the risks we're taking both with Disney and in the rest of our lives. What if the parks were to close for example?
Old 01-17-2014, 07:12 PM   #36
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
Ultimately though all we really have is faith in Disney, thus even for "cheap" resales, that's a lot to pay for the risks we're taking both with Disney and in the rest of our lives. What if the parks were to close for example?
Disney would sell if they got the right offer, as time goes on they are just like any other company focusing primarily on profit at the increasing expense of their guests. Their goal is apparently to pack in as many guests as they can, even if you can't walk down Main Street, have to stand in a queue for 60 minutes, wait on phone hold for 45, book dinner reservations 6 months out, and check in online 2 months out.

Disney still has a special place in our hearts, because of Walt Disney and the Disney of yesterday, not the Disney of today.

I feel better now.

Bill

Last edited by disneynutz; 01-17-2014 at 07:22 PM.
disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:34 PM   #37
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Addonitis can be a downside. We started off with 180 points which we felt would meet our needs. We soon realized we wanted to go more often so we added on a few times. We are currently at 1100 points

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:36 PM   #38
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726 View Post
Addonitis can be a downside. We started off with 180 points which we felt would meet our needs. We soon realized we wanted to go more often so we added on a few times. We are currently at 1100 points
How much are your annual dues for 2014? That's your cure.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:49 PM   #39
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
How much are your annual dues for 2014? That's your cure.
Uhm, a lot Ulcers are a potential side effect of addonitis when the dues are due. I do believe that the "disease" has run its course

Old 01-19-2014, 10:45 PM   #40
figment795
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726 View Post
I would love to own 1000 points. Currently retail is just too much. We own 370 at SSR since 2004 paid in full. BLT 230 points need another 230 for flexibility

figment795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:10 PM   #41
gracerussell
Mouseketeer

We did it! In the process of buying 180 points at BLT, resale. Comes with lots of banked points, which is a bonus. So excited!
gracerussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #42
figment795
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We did it! In the process of buying 180 points at BLT, resale. Comes with lots of banked points, which is a bonus. So excited!
Good luck and welcome home.

figment795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:39 PM   #43
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment795 View Post
I would love to own 1000 points. Currently retail is just too much. We own 370 at SSR since 2004 paid in full. BLT 230 points need another 230 for flexibility
We have 380 at SSR, 400 at AKV, 220 at VGF and 100 at BCV all paid in full We have purchased both direct and resale. Our last one, BCV, was a resale and the first resale we've purchased since the resale restrictions came into effect. But, we got that one specifically for F&W. We were there 4 weekends in a row last year for F&W and decided we needed to own at BCV I am certain there will be no more direct purchases in our future and any resale add-ons will be highly unlikely. We'll see how this year's F&W festival weekend trips go

Quote:
Woot Woot! Congratulations and home!

Old 01-21-2014, 04:21 PM   #44
Trooper8286
TK8286

Congrats

Congrats

Now that you are in the excruciating waiting period, let me chime in......

I bought 160 points resale at BLT in October. We closed and made our first reservation. Snagged a studio savanna view at AKV-Kidani in December to use the 2012 points on the contract. Loaded up the car, drove all afternoon and pulled up to AKV at midnight.....

DVC magic had become real. It was everything I expected and then more.

HERE IS THE DOWNSIDE>>>>>>

I was like a little kid when I walked into that park. Almost 43 years old and I was like a little kid. But what I had not EMOTIONALLY factored in was how bad I would want to return and how often and all the things that go with that.

Bill, Deb and a ton of others have posted about a gazillion times that it is not just buying in, it is what you spend when you come. I "spent" 52 points to go before Christmas. But I also SPENT on annual passes, t shirts, food, photopass +, gas........Disney has DVC to get you into the park. I have no qualms about it. I know I am being financially manipulated and considered that when buying in. What I did not expect is how powerful that urge was to try to wring every ounce of enjoyment out.....I am tentatively planning a visit in November 2015....and Aulani after that. All that GOING, costs BUNDLES.

I am OK with spending what I am spending, but it is MORE that I expected and I believe that momentum wont slow down for a while.

I post this to caution you addonitus, and the urge for multiple trips is probably coming. As long as you can live with that, your golden.

I am not being negative, for all the things that people complain about, I think it balances out very positively. I have had great trips (before and after being a member) and would not change buying in, nor planning the trips I have on deck. I would do it all over again. Just be ready for the urge for more to hit......

-Jay
Stormtrooper 501st Legion- Carolina Garrison
I am not too short to be a stormtrooper!
Trooper8286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 12:38 AM   #45
summabreeze85
Earning My Ears

Nothing is worth paying the current prices to direct. I think the biggest downfall of DVC is that the best value for your points IS DVC resorts, rightfully so, but the values for everything else are terrible. I work for southwest airlines and fly all over the country and use priceline for everything. It'd be nice to use my DVC for accommodations. Just bought a Wyndham timeshare though can't wait if you get a chance check out bonnet creek and the Wyndham program. Resort is right on Disney property and its first class.
summabreeze85 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: