Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2014, 12:34 AM   #16
disneycat321
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashMo View Post
It can be non-crowded. However on one crazy crowded day the wait for food was one hour. I still remember that as not so fun...
Wow, that is super surprising to me! We have eaten there many, many times over the past 5 years or so and have never had a problem. We don't go to DLR at all during the absolute most crowded times, though.
Disneyland Annual Passholders
disneycat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:34 AM   #17
TheChapman6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedoyleblogger View Post
It's a dicey question in a way because it depends on where you are when you decide to eat/realize you're hungry. When it's crowded, you won't really want to trudge across the park, or necessarily be able to do so easily. That said, we head to Red Rockett's Pizza Port in Tomorrowland and Hungry Bear in Critter Country. Mostly because seating is really plentiful and comfortable in both places, which makes a big difference on a crowded day.
You are right, but I'm willing to walk a little to not stand in line or wait on food forever and sneak in one last ride

Red Rockett's pizza port and Hungry bear (home of the cupcake I want to try)
Decisions, decisions

Pepper Wife to ScottTrenton(11)Trevor(10)Tr istan(9) Tracen(6)Tressa(4). Truett(2)
TheChapman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2014, 12:43 AM   #18
mikedoyleblogger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChapman6 View Post
You are right, but I'm willing to walk a little to not stand in line or wait on food forever and sneak in one last ride

Red Rockett's pizza port and Hungry bear (home of the cupcake I want to try)
Decisions, decisions
We'll walk to food through the crowds, too.

I could have mentioned, too, where we won't go when it's crowded is Rancho del Zocalo. We've been caught in a total service/staff meltdown there before on a crowded day.
WDW 1973 Poly | WDW Jul 1977 offsite | DLR Jul 1988 offsite | DLP Apr 2000 offsite | DLR Apr 2002 PPH | DLR Sep 2002 HoJo | DLR Dec 2002 HoJo | DLR Apr 2003 HoJo | DLR Dec 2005 HoJo | DLR Mar 2013 HoJo | WDW May 2013 Pop | DLR Oct 2013 HoJo | DLR Aug 2014 GCH | Moving to L.A. 2015!

mikedoyleblogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:05 AM   #19
TheChapman6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedoyleblogger View Post
We'll walk to food through the crowds, too.

I could have mentioned, too, where we won't go when it's crowded is Rancho del Zocalo. We've been caught in a total service/staff meltdown there before on a crowded day.
I'm glad you said that! I keep scanning the food thread.
I'm planning to try Rancho Del Zocalo enchilada platter, Jolly Holiday for some pastries and maybe a cinnamon roll, Bengal BBQ, Pacific Warf (bread bowl) and Cafe Orleans Pomme Frites, Monte Cristo, Beniets( I made a reservation) possibly Hungry bear Fried Green tomato sand. Sweet potato fries and bumblebee cupcake? I'm a total foodie but I've decided to try the corn dogs for the sake of my kids LOL oh, and I've never had a dole whip. I have this sinking feeling my clothes aren't going to fit me after my trip.

Sunday is my worry day Mon, Tues, and Wed aren't going to be crowded I think I've started this crazy Disneyland bucket list to do/try everything now.

Pepper Wife to ScottTrenton(11)Trevor(10)Tr istan(9) Tracen(6)Tressa(4). Truett(2)
Old 01-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #20
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm glad you said that! I keep scanning the food thread. I'm planning to try Rancho Del Zocalo enchilada platter, Jolly Holiday for some pastries and maybe a cinnamon roll, Bengal BBQ, Pacific Warf (bread bowl) and Cafe Orleans Pomme Frites, Monte Cristo, Beniets( I made a reservation) possibly Hungry bear Fried Green tomato sand. Sweet potato fries and bumblebee cupcake? I'm a total foodie but I've decided to try the corn dogs for the sake of my kids LOL oh, and I've never had a dole whip. I have this sinking feeling my clothes aren't going to fit me after my trip. Sunday is my worry day Mon, Tues, and Wed aren't going to be crowded I think I've started this crazy Disneyland bucket list to do/try everything now.
Get the cinnamon roll!! You won't be disappointed! The beignets at the jazz kitchen are to die for too
Old 01-12-2014, 03:57 PM   #21
TheChapman6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal1313 View Post

Get the cinnamon roll!! You won't be disappointed! The beignets at the jazz kitchen are to die for too
I know about the jazz kitchen we ate them every day and one day twice last year lol that cinnamon roll looks so delicious I'm dying for one. They had me at cream cheese frosting!

Old 01-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #22
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

If you are in DCA, go out the Grand Californian exit and eat at White Water snacks. Just make sure you hold on to your receipt, as if it is a busy day, you may need to show it to use that entrance, just explain that you went to eat at the Grand California.

The food is good and there is never much of a line and the design makes it where even if the restaurant is completely filled, it's still quiet.
cmwade77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:14 AM   #23
Hunnybee
DIS Veteran

Subscribing so I can find this thread as we get closer to our trip (April 2-9)!
Hunnybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:19 PM   #24
Cheshirecatty
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestions

Stage Door
Hungry bear
White water snacks GC

We will try to eat at less busy times, we are planning to get there at 1 and have a late lunch, then snack the afternoon away

What about reservations? Do you find they take longer to seat you when the park is busy or does the priority seating get you in quickly?
I know answers to this will vary, but we were just at the Resort for the week of Christmas, and we found that when we checked in 15 to 20 minutes BEFORE a "reservation", we were seated within 2 to 5 minutes.

When we checked in right on time, however, we waited anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes, to be seated. I'm curious to hear what others have experienced with this.
Cheshirecatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:37 PM   #25
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

Cheshirecatty, we had a similar experience in Oct and Dec when we checked in early. We were seated almost immediately. It was awesome! We always get to our reservations early, just in case.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:39 AM   #26
TheChapman6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshirecatty View Post

I know answers to this will vary, but we were just at the Resort for the week of Christmas, and we found that when we checked in 15 to 20 minutes BEFORE a "reservation", we were seated within 2 to 5 minutes.

When we checked in right on time, however, we waited anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes, to be seated. I'm curious to hear what others have experienced with this.
Good to know I'm so excited to eat at cafe Orleans I can hardly stand it!

Old 01-16-2014, 11:48 AM   #27
FreshBakedDisney
Mouseketeer

Troubador Tavern is great, but only if you're a fan of kraut dogs. I will also second the stage door. Very quick service, and you get a classic corn dog to boot! There's also chicken nuggets or fish and chips, but really...you go for the corn dog.

If you want something a little...more...I recommend the French Market. The service moves pretty quickly and the food is great. At DCA, food and service are great at Paradise Garden.

Places to avoid when it's busy are the Jolly Holiday, Tomorrowland Terrace and the Village Haus. AT DCA, skip Fiddler and Taste Pilots.
FreshBakedDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:31 PM   #28
yankeepenny
YANKEE Sock Crocker

did someone say fried green tomato sandwich?

wayyyy down at the hungry bear?

I wish I had known that before. I will check it out next week.

my suggestion is take a second look at Jolly Holiday-loads of folks bypass it, but it is good and you can snag seats.

I just looooooove those merry cherry drinks!

Gleeker in every sense.

Thing 1 & Thing 2
yankeepenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:29 PM   #29
samserena
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeepenny View Post
did someone say fried green tomato sandwich?

wayyyy down at the hungry bear?

I wish I had known that before. I will check it out next week.

my suggestion is take a second look at Jolly Holiday-loads of folks bypass it, but it is good and you can snag seats.

I just looooooove those merry cherry drinks!
oh goodness, what's a merry cherry?!
Disney's Aulani November 2013 - Honeymoon
Disneyland & MHP October 2013 (Off site - CCI)
Got engaged at Jiko - Animal Kingdom Lodge August 2012
Disney World August 2012 (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
Disneyland June 2012 (Off site - Candy Cane Inn)
Disneyland Paris January 2011 (Santa Fe)
Disney World September 2004 (Caribbean Beach Resort)
Disneyland September 1994
Disneyland August 1992 (Disneyland Hotel)
Universal Orlando '92, '04, '12
Universal Hollywood '94, '12, '13, '14
samserena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:51 PM   #30
yankeepenny
YANKEE Sock Crocker

it is a mix of cherry juice flavor (like the add ins at coffee chops) and lemonade.

addicting, and great to walk around and sip.

when I got home I bought a bottle on line from a store.

even my DH likes it.

Gleeker in every sense.

Thing 1 & Thing 2
yankeepenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: