Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2014, 10:51 PM   #1
AidensMommy3
Earning My Ears

Noise cancelling headphones

DS4 wears noise canceling headphones sometimes when he feels he needs to. Will he be able to wear these on rides specifically BTM for our upcoming trip? When we attended MNSSHP this past fall he was finally tall enough to ride it and we did end up doing it three times in a row. However he held his hands over his ears the entire time because of the loud safety announcements during loading.
AidensMommy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:38 AM   #2
WDW-BWV
Mouseketeer

Out DS has used his ear protection for years without any issue. Personally I believe the volume of attractions and entertainment in waiting areas is way too loud.

HoJo's WDW Village
Hilton WDW Village
Port Orleans
Poly
Widerness Lodge Villas
All Start Sports (With 40 kids!)
BW Inn
BWV - DVC
BLT - DVC

Hurricane Charlie
Tropical Storm Faye

KUNGALOOSH!
WDW-BWV is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2014, 07:01 AM   #3
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

He should have no problem wearing the headphones on rides, especially since he'll be riding with someone else who can hear announcements. The only concern might be how snugly they fit and will they they stay on his head well with jerky movements of the ride.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:47 AM   #4
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidensMommy3 View Post
DS4 wears noise canceling headphones sometimes when he feels he needs to. Will he be able to wear these on rides specifically BTM for our upcoming trip? When we attended MNSSHP this past fall he was finally tall enough to ride it and we did end up doing it three times in a row. However he held his hands over his ears the entire time because of the loud safety announcements during loading.
Could he remove the headphones after the announcements? I'd be worried that the headphones would come off and whack someone behind you in the face; maybe a tether of some sort to keep them attached?
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite

Last edited by Schmeck; 02-28-2014 at 05:02 PM.
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:52 AM   #5
rock_doctor
DIS Veteran

I am not sure what you mean by noise cancelling earphones, the ones i have seen are big and probably should not be used on a ride. As long as they can't become projectiles on the more aggressive rides i don't see an issue. I carry a set of ear plugs that are connected with a string. Use them the entire time i am in the parks. IMHO everything is way too loud!
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:52 AM   #6
Hannathy
When I stop laughing I will answer you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmeck View Post
Could he remove the headphones after the announcements? I'd be worried that the headphones would come off and whack someone behind you in the face. maybe a tether of some sort to keep them attached?
Exactly!! I would hope they aren't allowed just for that reason. Can you imagine the damage they could do to someones face if they hit them?

I think your child has solved the problem on their own very wisely and easily and with something that is already there so nothing extra to carry.
Hannathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:06 PM   #7
Schmeck
Funny thing is now my 17 year old naps almost every day and so do I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannathy View Post
Exactly!! I would hope they aren't allowed just for that reason. Can you imagine the damage they could do to someones face if they hit them?

I think your child has solved the problem on their own very wisely and easily and with something that is already there so nothing extra to carry.
On BTMRR I got hit on the nose by the brim of someone's wayward baseball cap. OUCH! It left a red mark/bruise on my nose. I did hold on to the cap, and returned it when we got off. The guy said thank you, but didn't say anything about the mark on my nose. I guess he didn't think the cap caused it, which is understandable. I knew it had caused a sore spot, but didn't know about the mark until I went to use the restroom later on. My daughter "didn't want to make me feel bad" by saying anything about it. Luckily, it went away by the end of the week.
Aug '05 - BC Aug '04 - PC, AKL
Oct '02 - AKL, POR May '99 - CBR
May '96 - CBR Dec '80 - offsite
Schmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:11 PM   #8
JEWLSVERN
Mouseketeer

My DS wore his headphones on rides with no problem. They were nice a tight and I had no concern they would fall off.
He used the kind they use at gun ranges.
JEWLSVERN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #9
AidensMommy3
Earning My Ears

He ended up wearing them on most of the rides and we had no issues with them coming off or even slipping.
AidensMommy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: