DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #1
Bciris
Earning My Ears

Typical Offer Response Time

I put an offer in for a resale contract last Friday and have not heard back yet. Is this typical? I realize this was Christmas week but I was actually expecting a response on Monday. What is the typical timeline for offer/acceptance? Is it acceptable to put out multiple offers if I'm only willing to go thru with one purchase?
Bciris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
Msmithmd
DIS Veteran

I personally would wait one full business day before I made a second offer. Considering you have already waited more than that, I would go ahead with another offer if you desire. It would be worth a call to fidelity to check.

You have no legal obligation until you have a signed contract and money in escrow.

I'm not saying to make ten different offers- while that is legally allowed, it would ethically be cruel to the sellers. But yeah, if you haven't heard back in six days, go right ahead with another option if Fidelity doesn't have an answer by telephone now.
Msmithmd is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
DVC Dude
Disney World Rocks!

It depends on the seller not Fidelity as they are the ones that make the decision to accept or not.

Fidelity usually contacts the sellers immediately and then have to wait for a reply.
DVC Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bciris View Post
I put an offer in for a resale contract last Friday and have not heard back yet. Is this typical? I realize this was Christmas week but I was actually expecting a response on Monday. What is the typical timeline for offer/acceptance? Is it acceptable to put out multiple offers if I'm only willing to go thru with one purchase?
I think week would be a bad time to expect to get a quick response from the owner. They may be out of town and out of touch with the company. I wouldn't expect to hear anything from any seller this week at all. Even the companies would have staff out on vacation and might even have their offices shut down for a few days.

I would pull the first offer before making a second. Nothing more annoying than a buyer who makes an offer, gets a positive response from the seller and backs out on the seller. You have just wasted their time as well. And pretty much made their contract unavailable to other buyers during that time.

I just think your timing for an offer isn't that good right now.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #5
Dee77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmithmd View Post
I personally would wait one full business day before I made a second offer. Considering you have already waited more than that, I would go ahead with another offer if you desire. It would be worth a call to fidelity to check.

You have no legal obligation until you have a signed contract and money in escrow.

I'm not saying to make ten different offers- while that is legally allowed, it would ethically be cruel to the sellers. But yeah, if you haven't heard back in six days, go right ahead with another option if Fidelity doesn't have an answer by telephone now.
How do you know it was Fidelity???

Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom, Aug 2014 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2015 OKW 3 Bedroom GV
Dee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
DVC Dude
Disney World Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee77 View Post
How do you know it was Fidelity???
oopsie, we may have just assumed that one.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #7
Bciris
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Dude View Post
oopsie, we may have just assumed that one.
It was a pretty good assumption....

I understand people are traveling and busy but the agent should at least respond to me that he's still waiting for a response when I sent the follow up email on Monday. Now days everyone has a cell phone and email also so I don't feel a response back within 6 days, even in the holiday season, is unreasonable. I have been in communications with other brokerages since Monday and they have been responsive.
Old 12-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #8
DVC Dude
Disney World Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bciris View Post
It was a pretty good assumption....

I understand people are traveling and busy but the agent should at least respond to me that he's still waiting for a response when I sent the follow up email on Monday. Now days everyone has a cell phone and email also so I don't feel a response back within 6 days, even in the holiday season, is unreasonable. I have been in communications with other brokerages since Monday and they have been responsive.
I had that happen once when the seller was in a foreign country and I simply moved on to another contract.

I was pleased with Fidelity and they really do want to move contracts.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #9
MiramarQE
Mouseketeer

I started buying last week (making offers through brokers), made an offer yesterday morning and heard back that afternoon and that was the LONGEST time I had to wait - hasn't taken more than a few hours to get an answer from 2 different brokers (nothing accepted yet - but I've been getting answers).

Maybe you need to change brokers!
MiramarQE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #10
77kool
Earning My Ears

We had motivated sellers, but we found out the next day that they countered at $60 (which we accepted). Our experience with Fidelity was wonderful and everything was quicker than they said it was going to be. They said it was going to be two weeks until we close, but we closed the day after the title company received our closing docs (and this was Christmas Eve).

Contemporary 2008
Wilderness Lodge 2009
Port Orleans French Quarter 2011
77kool is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: