Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

Is there a rehab that would cause you...

To avoid booking your trip for specific dates?

Thinking of a March trip and am bummed to see Soarin down, it's one of my favorites. But it's not a deal breaker for me.

That got me thinking -- is there an attraction that IS a deal breaker for you? That if it were on the rehab list for your preferred date, you'd reschedule your vacation for (if possible).

DS's Surprise 1st trip, Spring Break/March 2012 PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2883877

awdsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:10 PM   #2
Dot2Vegas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdsmama
To avoid booking your trip for specific dates?

Thinking of a March trip and am bummed to see Soarin down, it's one of my favorites. But it's not a deal breaker for me.

That got me thinking -- is there an attraction that IS a deal breaker for you? That if it were on the rehab list for your preferred date, you'd reschedule your vacation for (if possible).
I don't think so. We absolutely love Big Thunder and have learned to adjust to it not being open. We have been a few times while its been down and we do OK :-) Now if it was a matter of a couple of days I would try to reschedule to catch my favorite ride but that's about it. I can't see moving a trip for one attraction. However, we go a few times a year and always keep a "we'll catch it next time attitude". Maybe I would feel differently if didn't go as often.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #3
WTFetus
Mouseketeer

Don't think so. I could live without 1 major ride, but probably not 2+.
WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
Cholula
Earning My Ears

I don't know if I would move an entire trip but I did add a day onto my last trip so that I could catch RSR when it came back up. I know, adding a day, such a hardship I know.
Cholula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:45 PM   #5
YukonMommy
Mouseketeer

Nope. We are just happy to be there. We book our holidays up to 8 months in advance and just hope for the best. Next year will be my 5th visit and I have never been on Splash Mountain....so excited as its scheduled for shutdown AFTER our visit this time

Disneyland trips 1982, 1989, 2011, 2013,2014, planning March 2016
YukonMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:56 PM   #6
Geemo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholula View Post
I don't know if I would move an entire trip but I did add a day onto my last trip so that I could catch RSR when it came back up. I know, adding a day, such a hardship I know.
BTMRR was down while we were there in January. With it originally scheduled to re-open 10-31-2013, we added two days to the end of our Halloween trip so we could enjoy it following the refurb. As we know that didn't happen.....

Our 2013 January trip had the most attractions closed than we have ever experienced before. We did miss them but we still managed to fill 5 great days in the parks.

Geemo

Geemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #7
lalasmama
DIS Veteran

I've thought about it before, but haven't actually canceled/rescheduled the trip. I'll admit I may have pouted just a little when I saw the refurb list coming up for my Jan-Feb trip. There's like 6 rides down all at once that BFF and I wanted to ride on! But, we had already rescheduled once, and I didn't want to do it again!
lalasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #8
Zbugz
Thinking about In n Out Burgers and Sunshine

I rescheduled my kids' first trip to DLR a couple of years ago when POTC was down. Now I could live without it if I had to.
Zbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:23 PM   #9
rwhistler92
Mouseketeer

Maybe if Splash was down. That is my must ride!!
rwhistler92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #10
TheChapman6
DIS Veteran

We are going in march and I'm disappointed about it too. The other sad new is Alice will be down and it was on my must do list since we didn't ride it last time.

If RSR soarin Peter Pan splash pirates grr we're all down I'd reschedule but I expect some to be down no matter when we go.

Pepper Wife to ScottTrenton(11)Trevor(10)Tr istan(9) Tracen(6)Tressa(4). Truett(2)
TheChapman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:31 PM   #11
Disneyland1084
OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
I'm not going to let that chickenhead nugget bother me
HEY!! Where is everyone?

Fantasyland would have to be shut down completely to make me not go. But, that would never happen.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:27 AM   #12
mummabear
DIS Veteran

For us the #1 consideration is our airfares (and then after that is hubbys work schedule) as this is our largest cost (in fact covers over 1/2 the cost of the whole trip) so it is really down to when the sales are for. Park hours, refurbs etc can't come into it as to choose a non sale time would cost thousands extra across the 5 of us.
However we are always doing a LA trip (or Orlando trip) not just Disney so refurbs may come into account with which days we visit DL vs Uni
mummabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #13
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

My reply is in reference to trip planning for WDW, but same concept.

We don't even look at the refurb/closure calendar when trip planning. You can make yourself crazy over it AND things can change at the last minute any time. So you've changed your dates three times and then - bamo! - the day before your trip Disney pulls your favorite attraction offline for whatever reason. Then what?

Nah... we just roll with it. And trust me, I know the pain of closure. Three words: Country Bear Jamboree

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #14
LizzyS
Mouseketeer

No, absolutely not. There are so many attractions, there's no way that a few of them being down would spoil my trip. I don't look at the refurb list when planning our trips, either.

IASW has been down BOTH times we've visited the parks and it looks as though it will be open this time, so I'm excited for that, even if the song is stuck in my head for days after, lol.

The one that would bum me out the most if it were down during my trip would be the Matterhorn.

1st ever trip to Disneyland: November 5th, 2011

2nd trip to Disneyland & California Adventure: February 23rd & 25th-26th, 2013

3rd trip to DLR (on site stay @PPH): February 26th - March 2nd, 2014
LizzyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #15
awdsmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbugz View Post
I rescheduled my kids' first trip to DLR a couple of years ago when POTC was down. Now I could live without it if I had to.
Oh yeah that one HAS to be a must-ride on the first trip :-)

DS's Surprise 1st trip, Spring Break/March 2012 PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2883877

awdsmama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: